I like what Owens did yesterday.........

marauderswr80

He called out our coaching staff. We all do the same thing on this board, why cant Owens do it in a game? I have no issues with it. Now if this was Evans doing this on the sidelines you all would be cheering for him for saying something. Bout time a player shows some type of attitude for pathetic play calling and poor coaching. We do it on these boards every day, bout time a player calls them out for who they are.........

IMHO They all suck

He called out our coaching staff. We all do the same thing on this board, why cant Owens do it in a game? I have no issues with it. Now if this was Evans doing this on the sidelines you all would be cheering for him for saying something. Bout time a player shows some type of attitude for pathetic play calling and poor coaching. We do it on these boards every day, bout time a player calls them out for who they are.........

IMHO They all suck

Yes and no. The sideline stuff wasn't any different than Jim, Andre and the gang used to do. Stuff happens. Tempers flare. No problem with that. On the other hand, dogging it on the field shouldn't be tolerated, and they probably should've just told him to shut it down for the day at that point.

JMO.

Yes and no. The sideline stuff wasn't any different than Jim, Andre and the gang used to do. Stuff happens. Tempers flare. No problem with that. On the other hand, dogging it on the field shouldn't be tolerated, and they probably should've just told him to shut it down for the day at that point.

JMO.

Agreed. It's sad that as soon as the opposing team takes a lead on this sissy bunch, you know that the game is over

I'm sure they considered it, but they probably wanted to look at the tape first... :lol:

Hah. No doubt. I'm still stunned that they yanked Edwards -- in the last 3.5 years, I've seen QBs (including him) play a lot worse than that and stay on the field.

JMO.

What was TO supposed to do, try to jump up and catch a pass 5 foot over his head and out of bounds? Trent's passes on that last drive weren't even in the same time zone. This team's offense is pathetic. TO came here to play football, not whatever Dick and Alex are coaching and Trent's playing. I was glad to see it. You go TO!

Hah. No doubt. I'm still stunned that they yanked Edwards -- in the last 3.5 years, I've seen QBs (including him) play a lot worse than that and stay on the field.

Yeah, that was just...odd. Particularly when they did it: after an interception caused in part by half-assed play-calling of the same pass three times in a row. And they did it because Fitz was "the best chance to win"? :lol:

That actually made me want to hit Jauron over the head with a baseball bat. I've never wanted to hit a coach over the head with a baseball bat before. Not even Mularkey with his fake end-around Mickey Mouse bull **** !@#$tard halfback option pass. But I did want to hit Jauron after that.

Have you received any insight through your sources as to why they pulled him? Was it really as simple and dain-bramaged as "Sorry, you suck...so does our play-calling, sure, but we can't bench ourselves."?

I just think you should do your job properly, before you start telling others how to do theirs.

getting open every play isnt doing your job?? How about we get a QB who can throw and some coach who can gameplan.

What an incredible waste of our 2 great WRs.

getting open every play isnt doing your job?? How about we get a QB who can throw and some coach who can gameplan.

Outcoached every game. And our offensive coordianator looks like my old high school coach at 5'11 and 255 lbs. Both these guys are over their heads, it is so obvious to me.

Great? I'm not sure how you could look at either of those guys and call them great. I agree on the coaching and QBs but the WRs are far from great.

:lol: Did you watch that game? He mailed it in. and no just getting open is not doing your job. His job is not a "getopener" it's a "receiver", that means you also catch the ball. If he wasn't going half speed on that 2nd pick six, maybe the ball doesn't go right through his hands on a very catchable ball. The guys is a quitter.

What was TO supposed to do, try to jump up and catch a pass 5 foot over his head and out of bounds? Trent's passes on that last drive weren't even in the same time zone. This team's offense is pathetic. TO came here to play football, not whatever Dick and Alex are coaching and Trent's playing. I was glad to see it. You go TO!

I'm talking about the plays right before and including the second pick-six, when they were already down 17. Everyone in the stadium could see the guy was frustrated (and with some good reason), they weren't going to make a miraculous comeback with Fitzpatrick, and don't forget that Owens' hip had been bothering him during the week. A better question might be, why was he still in there, risking injury?

And please don't make the mistake of thinking I'm trying to defend this offense. When FJax hit Evans for the TD, I tweeted Maiorana, "Hey, the Bills finally found their QB."

I just think you should do your job properly, before you start telling others how to do theirs.

I totally agree with you, if you can walk the walk go ahead and talk the talk. Owens hasn't done crap since he got here. He drops every other pass thrown his way, his effort may be the worst of any professional athlete I have ever seen. I was against his signing since the day it happened and still am. The only thing accomplished by his signing, other than selling tickets (which with this organization and clueless owner, make it a total success), was to slow down the growth of the young recievers on the roster, because they don't get playing time. With Owens, everything has always been about him and always will be. He is every bit as responsible as anyone else in that locker room, coach or player or front office personnel for that matter, for this disaster of a season. This organization is challenging Cleveland and Detroit as the worst in the NFL, and at the rate they are going, that title will be all theirs alone real soon.

But really what if it was Evans doing what T.O. did? Whats the reaction then?

For the sideline stuff, again, no problem. For the on-field pout, I'd think to myself, "Oh, great -- Owens' diva attitude is rubbing off on him." And I think I've made it clear from the start that I'm not fond of the look-at-me types.

Just my opinion, and your mileage may vary.

But I find myself thinking back to what Sully (and a bunch of people here) said when they signed Owens: if he does blow up the locker room, so what? We miss the playoffs again, and ...?

And I realize I'm pretty much at that point.