We Do Not Have The Worst Line In The NFL

H2o

They've given up 5 sack in the first half and every single time Campbell drops back to pass he is getting hammered. It's really sad to watch. They are, without a doubt, the worst OL in football. Worse than the Bills by far.

Guys, the argument "well, we don't suck as bad as someone else" is a lame argument. Our line, offense and coaching sucks plain and simple. Do not try to make our situation sound better than it is because someone may be worse. We are abysmal.

Guys, the argument "well, we don't suck as bad as someone else" is a lame argument. Our line, offense and coaching sucks plain and simple. Do not try to make our situation sound better than it is because someone may be worse. We are abysmal.

Obviously we like the guys we've got, and the guys before that we liked as well. I thought about making changes to the OL earlier in the off-season, and when you think about it, you have to do it. We have a lot to work to do protecting our QB.

I like the guys we've got...And they will get better.... But...establish a running game and give them some confidence... These guys are green. Line em up and let them kick someones as--s.. Instead we go no huddle with a bunch of rookies and have them looking at each other going...Huh? Build a line, establish a running game...And MAYBE...I said Maybe....Trent might look like a half way decent QB..

Packers O-line is garbage, and for all of those out there yelling to sign someone for the line, they just resigned their right tackle Tauscher, he's done, which shows you at week 9 there is no good talent left.

Everybody wanted Jamon Meredith. :censored:

Honestly, this weekend has been the best our line has looked in a long time. (I know it is the "bye" week.)

Most posters here call Trent Edwards captain checkdown, but they fail to realize that his ability to get rid of the ball to the RB is the reason this Bills team is not the worst rated line in the NFL.

The Bills have improved in the middle with the new center and guards, but the tackle position has been horrible because of injuries. The Bills have some "decent' young tackles, but they can't seem to stay healthy.

I'd rate this Bills line just as bad as Green Bay's and Washington's because of injuries and the replacements that are not getting the job done. If you doubt this then go back and watch that Saints game again.

How many severe concussions have the Redskins and Packers allowed to their QB's the last two years?

i know all about hindsight but could you imagine if we would have taken oher in the first round. either right at 11 or traded down to take him right before the ravens. we would have a line that would be together for so many years and trent sit back there all day long.

I like the guys we've got...And they will get better.... But...establish a running game and give them some confidence... These guys are green. Line em up and let them kick someones as--s.. Instead we go no huddle with a bunch of rookies and have them looking at each other going...Huh? Build a line, establish a running game...And MAYBE...I said Maybe....Trent might look like a half way decent QB..

After four seasons and two OL overhauls, DJ does not have a cogent plan to build an offense. It's no coincidence he didn't have a plan in Chicago where he used two extremely different OC's in Gary Crowton and John Shoop.

Most posters here call Trent Edwards captain checkdown, but they fail to realize that his ability to get rid of the ball to the RB is the reason this Bills team is not the worst rated line in the NFL.

The Bills have improved in the middle with the new center and guards, but the tackle position has been horrible because of injuries. The Bills have some "decent' young tackles, but they can't seem to stay healthy.

I'd rate this Bills line just as bad as Green Bay's and Washington's because of injuries and the replacements that are not getting the job done. If you doubt this then go back and watch that Saints game again.

How many severe concussions have the Redskins and Packers allowed to their QB's the last two years?

Trent Edwards has done virtually nothing to help this o-line out. I'm not sure what games your watching but captain checkdown is looking RB even when the protection is good. It's Edwards inability to get the ball anywhere down field that has held this offense back the most.

Edwards has managed to get sacked 19 times in 6 games, while Fitzpatrick has been sacked 4 times in 3 games. Imagine what would have happened if Edwards hadn't mastered the one yard desperation checkdown!

Hangartner has been an improvement at center, the guards have played very poorly. Yeah, expectations are low, but c'mon they have not been an improvement. It's a bit discouraging seeing your high draft picks not playing well in their first year, but they deserve the benefit of the doubt as rookies and certainly aren't getting any help from the tackle positions.

Hangartner has been an improvement at center, the guards have played very poorly. Yeah, expectations are low, but c'mon they have not been an improvement. It's a bit discouraging seeing your high draft picks not playing well in their first year, but they deserve the benefit of the doubt as rookies and certainly aren't getting any help from the tackle positions.

According to this

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

you are right about LG. Dockery was -3.8 while Levitre is a -11.0. At RG, Wood is -5.0 and Butler was a -18.7.

At C, we have the worst C in football at -18.9. Hangartner is 45 out of 45 Cs to make a snap this year. Despite that, he is an upgrade over IQ Prestion, who rated a dismal -20.1 last year. Fowler? -14.1.

To round out the picture, Peters was a -8.7 and Walker was a horrific -23.7. This year, Tinker Bell is the worst T in the NFL at -24.1 and the other side has been manned by a revolving door but Scott is -10.7 and Chambers is -8.

So, we have from left to right last year: -8.7, -3.8, -20.1, -18.7, -23.7.

This year: -24.1, -11.0, -18.9, -5, -10.7.

So, we are far worse on the left side, a smidgen better at C, and improved on the right side.

Ironically, the Bills front office blew up the left side of the offensive line from last year and wanted to push both players on the right side into more difficult positions. Like Belichick said, it takes continued bad decisions to plumb the depths...

BillsVet---Can't argue with you there... You're absolutely, 100 % correct... All I'm saying is build from the lines out. If you have a great Oline then your Qb could---and I say could be servicable. And if you're QB is half way proficient----welll then there you go..It starts with the big heavies up front on both sides of the ball...Give me good lines and I'll show you good backs. Give me great lines and I'll show you great backs...

Hangartner has sucked, plain and simple. One game he couldn't even get the ball to the QB without it hitting the ground, time and time again. One of the worst Free Agent pickups in a long time here.

According to this

you are right about LG. Dockery was -3.8 while Levitre is a -11.0. At RG, Wood is -5.0 and Butler was a -18.7.

At C, we have the worst C in football at -18.9. Hangartner is 45 out of 45, Cs to make a snap this year. Despite that, he is an upgrade over IQ Prestion, who rated a dismal -20.1 last year. Fowler? -14.1.

To round out the picture, Peters was a -8.7 and Walker was a horrific -23.7. This year, Tinker Bell is the worst T in the NFL at -24.1 and the other side has been manned by a revolving door but Scott is -10.7 and Chambers is -8.

So, we have from left to right last year: -8.7, -3.8, -20.1, -18.7, -23.7.

This year: -24.1, -11.0, -18.9, -5, -10.7.

So, we are far worse on the left side, a smidgen better at C, and improved on the right side.

Ironically, the Bills front office blew up the left side of the offensive line from last year and wanted to push both players on the right side into more difficult positions. Like Belichick said, it takes continued bad decisions to plumb the depths...

20 Trent Edwards BUF

22 Jay Cutler CHI

:censored:

As much as it pains me to say it, YES we do have the worst O-Line in the NFL. Hands down. We may have more potential on line than a few teams, but at this point in time, we are the bottom of the barrel.

You can't say that until you watch other teams play. I'm pretty sure Oakland and Washington fans to name a few believe they both have the worst O-line in the NFL.

BillsVet---Can't argue with you there... You're absolutely, 100 % correct... All I'm saying is build from the lines out. If you have a great Oline then your Qb could---and I say could be servicable. And if you're QB is half way proficient----welll then there you go..It starts with the big heavies up front on both sides of the ball...Give me good lines and I'll show you good backs. Give me great lines and I'll show you great backs...

Tom, there have been numerous posters who talked incessantly about building from the lines out, hence criticism of the 06 draft. Unfortunately, it took the Bills 4 drafts to figure out you can't buy an OL nor have inferior pass rushers besides Schobel.

When I look at the rounds 1 and 2 picks from 04-08, I see a lot of skill players and only 1 lineman selected: McCargo who is a bust. It's little wonder the DL and OL have suffered mightily for so many years. And the golden nugget they lucked into was traded for rookies in 2009. I'm hopeful Levitre and Wood will improve, but their tackles are absolutely dreadful.