Absolutely. Without question

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you've repeated that your major concern is "keeping costs down", and now that the CBO scored that the "public option" would increase premiums and the GOP plan would reduce it by 5-10%.

Shouldn't you be contacting your congressman now to drop the "public option" and look to adopt some of the GOP's ideas?

The GOP plan doesn't provide the needed coverage and has gaps and leaves too much up to the insurance cos, speaking of drinking KoolAid. If you believe that I have some WMD in Iraq for you.

Also, it doesn't ad in any viable competition that will stay around. in long run it will end up consolidating the insurance business even further giving more call for even greater government involvement. Be careful what you wish for...

It's like she's TRYING to lose her job. But she can't. And she won't. Because there are essentially only two people in her district who think she's batschitt looney.

The key will be whether she can pass her bill by Saturday. If she can, she'll suffer little backlash for lying. If she can't, it'll show just how deep the Tuesday elections cut into her plans.

Is Pelosi faking it? Or does she have the votes?

So your problem is with Pelosi or the democratic process?

The GOP plan doesn't provide the needed coverage and has gaps and leaves too much up to the insurance cos, speaking of drinking KoolAid.

Oh, so now it's about coverage. You harped on cost control a few times, never did you mention coverage, and now that the other plan addresses cost control better than the "public option", you switch to coverage. Gotcha :wallbash:

Oh, so now it's about coverage. You harped on cost control a few times, never did you mention coverage, and now that the other plan addresses cost control better than the "public option", you switch to coverage. Gotcha :wallbash:

He simply wants coverage to be funded by taxpayers. I don't know why so many libs just don't come out an say it.

He simply wants coverage to be funded by taxpayers. I don't know why so many libs just don't come out an say it.

Horsepucky, I just want coverage to be universal, find the best most efficient and equitable financing spreading the cost out and I am all for it.... no cherry picking allowed, otherwise eliminate insurance go harsh tort reform and if someone screws up as in Doctors, put a jail sentence on their @#$#, same with hospital administrators...

Horsepucky, I just want coverage to be universal, find the best most efficient and equitable financing spreading the cost out and I am all for it.... no cherry picking allowed, otherwise eliminate insurance go harsh tort reform and if someone screws up as in Doctors, put a jail sentence on their @#$#, same with hospital administrators...

Yeah, that's what we need. Punitive medicine.

It's like there's no level of stupidity we're not willing to sink to.

So you're OK with the government determining the level of coverage povided to you and the cost of that coverage. You're OK with having no other choice to choose from. You're OK with the goverment then detemining what treatments they will approve and fund for you and the timing of that treatment in the event you get a disease or have an accident. You're willing to pay for that coverage yourself at whatever the government determines is the rate. I believe this is what you mean when you say "universal" coverage?

Hey, those are some good ideas right there. :thumbsup::wallbash:

Just one question, what would you consider a medical screw up.

The Bill in question is the H. R. 3962, Ya dumbass!! :wallbash:

Another thing that I found funny was what is written right at the top of this bill and that is:

To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce

the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes.

That's even a lie :thumbsup:

http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf