Can we please stop demonizing Jauron

Dick Jauron is a nice guy who also happens to be a terrible football coach. He's the type of guy any of us would want as a neighbor but no one wants coaching our team. The guy is accepting the blame and taking a whipping every week. Not that he doesn't deserve some of it but it's really starting to go over the top.

Could we please lay off the personal attacks and just focus on how bad of a coach he is. Some moron in another thread thinks we should hire someone to have him killed! Really? Is that what the level of discourse on this board is coming to?

I realize he's leading the team nowhere but he's only one piece of a team of buffoons and underskilled players that are putting us through this. I'm as frustrated as anyone but when we devolve into wishing the guy was dead that's just a bit much.

Stay classy Bills fans.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick Jauron is a nice guy who also happens to be a terrible football coach. He's the type of guy any of us would want as a neighbor but no one wants coaching our team. The guy is accepting the blame and taking a whipping every week. Not that he doesn't deserve some of it but it's really starting to go over the top.

Could we please lay off the personal attacks and just focus on how bad of a coach he is. Some moron in another thread thinks we should hire someone to have him killed! Really? Is that what the level of discourse on this board is coming to?

I realize he's leading the team nowhere but he's only one piece of a team of buffoons and underskilled players that are putting us through this. I'm as frustrated as anyone but when we devolve into wishing the guy was dead that's just a bit much.

Stay classy Bills fans.

Mike I couldn't agree more on DJ as a personhowever we have seen alot of classless behavior from Bills fans. Painting a players lawn, signs on Mularkeys lawn etc. The players seem to like him as a person and maybe even as a coach however his game day abilities are clearly lacking. I didnt like the hire when it occurred, wanted him fired after 3 failed seasons vs getting contract extension and would love to see him fired before the next game. However nothing will change until the whole FO is cleaned up there is no one person to make the decision except for Ralph.

Ralph needs to bring in a real GM and basically clean house from top to bottom however in 50 years he has only done that twice once with Knox and again with Donahoue, Knox eventually left and TD made terrible decisions

Points well made ... at the end of the day football is just an entertainment product and not life or death.

Well, sometimes it is.

Yesterday I asked my wife "Why couldn't I have been born in Pittsburgh or even Denver?" Those are teams can be called entertaining & they win their fair share of games.

In Washington, some disgruntled fans are selling T-shirts with Dan Snyder depicted as the Devil. I don't think Bills fans have gone that far......yet.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/sports/102609_t...d_redskins_fans

Washington fans are morons. You can't fire and owner.

Is Ralph Wilson in the HOF because he is a great football guy or because he was a great football businessman? We'll unfortunately find out.. again. Time for him to step up to the plate and to fire Jauron, place Van Pelt back into a QB coaching roll and move forward to next season.

ok no demonizing...but the Eeyore Bills have scored 66 points in their last 6 games...

Chalkie,

I've got no problem with people pointing out what a horrific head coach Jauron has turned into. His game management is amazingly bad for a guy with his education and experience. His decision making has been atrocious at times, horrific at others.

It just disturbs me when people start threatening him or attacking him personally. By every measure imaginable he's a good man, he's just a BAD coach.

Stay classy Bills fans.

NICE GUYS SHOULD NOT BE NFL FOOTBALL COACHES.... PERIOD. The guy sucks! He should walk away while his head is still attached to his body.

Stay classy Bills fans.

Perfectly stated.

For he's a jolly-good fellow, for he's a... just kidding.

I have never been a fan of Richard, or his regime. We play scared, we are boring, he shows no animation or concern for his players on the sideline, and I doubt that he is a firecracker in the locker room. That is a guess, but I would bet it is fairly accurate.

As much as he needs fired, it is horrible that somebody would actually want him killed. He is inept, and I don't believe he has the makeup to be a head coach in this league...probably something that should have been noted before his hiring, and definitely before the extension. He must be one hell of a nice guy to still have a job. There are few teams that would have put up with this kind of football, and not have fired the head coach.

The billboard was a great idea. I think that Ralph needs to hear what the fans have to say, as we do line his pockets. The one that gets me, much like the Snyder post, is that Ralph IS the owner... Ralph IS the reason there is football in Western NY.

Hopefully this is the week, as I have hoped every week, but this team is a laughing stock. I keep reading that the players are horrible, blah blah blah. Just like all of our teams that have struggled in the past, if we just clean house a good number of them will go on to long successful careers elsewhere.

I also hope we don't just play to a mediocre record and a mid round draft pick again, if we want to rebuild we need a high quality draft pick that will be an immediate impact....repeat ad nauseum

Stay classy Bills fans.

A nice guy???

Look, Mike, if he was actually a "nice guy", he would step down, instead of admitting to the press each week that he is not fit to be coaching ( and cashing the big check) an NFL team.

Don't be such a sucker.

A nice guy???

Look, Mike, if he was actually a "nice guy", he would step down, instead of admitting to the press each week that he is not fit to be coaching ( and cashing the big check) an NFL team.

Don't be such a sucker.

And what exactly would stepping down accomplish? Oh that's right, absolutely nothing.

Move along.

I haven't seen him being called a Demon yet, and there is nothing that leads one to believe that DJ isn't a swell guy. They are however, 1-8 in their last 9 homes games, so you can't blame people for being digruntled. It isn't like DJ wants to lose, he just doesn't know how to win.

And what exactly would stepping down accomplish? Oh that's right, absolutely nothing.

Move along.

?????

Come on, NOTHING could change? Impossible?

You think that's what DJ is telling himself--"I'm the best option at this point"?

Ok, Mr. Wilson, if you say so.

wow.