Why won't Dick fall on the sword

Mr. WEO

Everyone goes on that this guy's only postitive attribute is that he is a good aguy and widely respected.....for being a good guy.

Every week he accepts blame for the ineptitude of his team, yet he will not walk away and allow for the significant possibility that anyone else could come in and do better.

HE weekly admits that he's just no good.

From Sully:

"Just talking regular motion or fake? We faked a lot of reverses trying to affect their defense and to force on the backside and then that comes off of that. The movement off the fake reverse, and the reverse and in and out, and also just to get a feel on man or zone along with the first two things, really."

That's straight off the quote sheet. Sheer gibberish from the Yale grad.

"Oh, I think the whole thing falls on me," Jauron said. "I don't think there's any doubt. I take full responsibility for it."

Then why are you still here???? Be the honorable man you claim to be and walk away.

"Oh, I think the whole thing falls on me," Jauron said. "I don't think there's any doubt. I take full responsibility for it."

Tired responses like this are as emotionless as his coaching style. This is Dick's way of giving the media and fans the finger. He doesn't mean a word of it and realizes that he either has job security or a golden parachute. He will never resign because he LOVES "playing" head coach. Dick would gladly stroll out and accept the blame every week throughout two 0-16 seasons if that's what it comes down to.

He is a smart man, and he loves being an NFL head coach, so he'll enjoy it as long as he can because he has to be smart enough to know he'll NEVER get another shot.

True. I also don't know how much money one would need to have to feel good about voluntarily walking away from several million more. $3mm/year is a healthy pile of cashish, even for a guy who (presumably) already has a lot.

He also doesn't outwardly seem like the kind of guy who needs to go home and take handfulls of sleeping pills to live with the stress of admitting failure each week. He spends a few minutes a week fielding fairly mild questions from Buffalo's version of hardhitting sports reporters (Sullivan, Maiorana, Hamilotn), he calls Detroit once a week to tell Uncle Ralph about all the injuries and how things will improve, watches a little film .... rinse and repeat.

But .... we can dream .....

True. I also don't know how much money one would need to have to feel good about voluntarily walking away from several million more. $3mm/year is a healthy pile of cashish, even for a guy who (presumably) already has a lot.

He also doesn't outwardly seem like the kind of guy who needs to go home and take handfulls of sleeping pills to live with the stress of admitting failure each week. He spends a few minutes a week fielding fairly mild questions from Buffalo's version of hardhitting sports reporters (Sullivan, Maiorana, Hamilotn), he calls Detroit once a week to tell Uncle Ralph about all the injuries and how things will improve, watches a little film .... rinse and repeat.

But .... we can dream .....

And when you're incompetent, you don't see it. Plus, there are lots of guys that you can throw under the bus and blame it on ...

Everyone goes on that this guy's only postitive attribute is that he is a good aguy and widely respected.....for being a good guy.

Every week he accepts blame for the ineptitude of his team, yet he will not walk away and allow for the significant possibility that anyone else could come in and do better.

HE weekly admits that he's just no good.

From Sully:

Then why are you still here???? Be the honorable man you claim to be and walk away.

Dick fell on his dick a long time ago... Nothing happened because he fell on nothing...thus he remains coach of the Bills

If you had a job making $3 million a year, would you just quit? A job that only 32 people in the country can have at any one given time? Dumb question if I ever heard one.

To help you out, one point of the the question was to expose DJ as just another guy mailing it in while stealing a paycheck--not as a "great guy". He knows he is no good at this, yet he continues to take the check.

MM left.

Would I publically humiliate myself and expose myself as an incompetent and a fraud to the entire country for 3 million, when I already have millions in the bank?

Not sure. But I don't have DJ's stellar reputation.

Then the answer is that he has no credibility as a "good guy" as so many here have told us for so long.. In fact, it makes him the biggest a**hole amongst the ranks of NFL coaches.

He's a total fraud as a man.

I want him gone as much as anyone, but are you saying that you would leave all the money on the table if you were in his position? It's the owners fault for giving him the extension. Besides, if he walks away, I'm sure just as many people jump on him for being a quitter in addition to be being a loser and apply the "total fraud as a man" argument. I know this is very frustrating, but Wilson needs to pull the trigger, though I'm not sure I like any of the possible interim replacement options much either.