Fewell now ahead of April as interim HC

Rayzer32

Fewell seems to be getting this defense to be playing above their heads with so many injuries and the Bills crappy TOP. When the D starts to look bad is after they have been on the field so long. No defense can continue to play well when they are on the field for 2/3 or more of the game. Over 39 minutes for them today.

April on the other has had his special teams regress IMO. I attribute this to DJ's retarded and lacksidasical coaching ways rubbing off on him. It's all I can think of, either that or April really wants out of Buffalo and just doesn't give a steaming pile anymore.

As assistant HC, April would be the "obvious" choice. I believe it will be Fewell, as

April will likely be back next year whoever the HC is. If he was the interim HC, doubt

the team could bring him back in the ST coach position. Even though ST is having a

below average season, I doubt the organization lets him go.

Fewell seems to be getting this defense to be playing above their heads with so many injuries and the Bills crappy TOP. When the D starts to look bad is after they have been on the field so . No defense can continue to play well when they are on the field for 2/3 or more of the game. Over 39 minutes for them today.

April on the other has had his special teams regress IMO. I attribute this to DJ's retarded and lacksidasical coaching ways rubbing off on him. It's all I can think of, either that or April really wants out of Buffalo and just doesn't give a steaming pile anymore.

Well, there is no Jauron replacement currently on the coaching roster.

And this, I will now submit to a diatribe over why the Bills should not hire an unproven coordinator to be the next head coach.

Whichever side of the ball the coordinator hails from (offense, defense), that is where the overall focus of the team in its drafting seems to be. Jauron, as a former defensive player and coordinator, like Williams before him, amass talented defenses, but horrible offenses.

Likewise, I think that offensive coordinators often fall into the same trap of focusing on offensive talent while letting the defense float on with meager accomodations.

I don't have statistics to support this contention, only a gut feeling (or perhaps that is gas?) and some observations.

I still say the next HC of this team is Jack Del Rio. It makes perfect sense. He's a "tough guy" who can whip these guys into shape (in Ralph's mind) and has HC experience but at the same time he's done very little in terms of overall record. Just barely above .500 and only two playoff trips to show for it.

He'd come cheaper than the big names too, so Ralph will like that. He's our man.

Fewell seems to be getting this defense to be playing above their heads with so many injuries and the Bills crappy TOP. When the D starts to look bad is after they have been on the field so . No defense can continue to play well when they are on the field for 2/3 or more of the game. Over 39 minutes for them today.

Maybe if they stop someone once in a while they wouldn't be on the field for so long.

Maybe if they stop someone once in a while they wouldn't be on the field for so long.

It won't matter cause in 3 plays, the defence is back on the field cause the offence can't get anywhere. The Bills defence has been keeping teams out of the endzone for the first 1/2 almost every week, the problem is that the offence keeps sending them back onto the field right away after any stops by the defence.

Did you happen to see the first half today??? Two TO's to stop Houston drives, and they were playing stout stopping Houston on 3rd downs. Like apus said, the offense does nothing to help the D out and many of the offensive players were bringing this up in the locker room after the game.

It's been said in another thread, but the first thing that Wilson needs to do is hire a football exec to help him right the ship. At his age, I really think he needs help. I realize that he tried this with Levy and it turned out to be a fiasco, but it's still the right thing to do.

It's been said in another thread, but the first thing that Wilson needs to do is hire a football exec to help him right the ship. At his age, I really think he needs help. I realize that he tried this with Levy and it turned out to be a fiasco, but it's still the right thing to do.

he did this before with Donahoe, he wanted someone who could take over control of his team while he stepped back away from the team at his age. Then he brought in Levy to help out and that was only a temporary move.

Fewell seems to be getting this defense to be playing above their heads with so many injuries and the Bills crappy TOP. When the D starts to look bad is after they have been on the field so long. No defense can continue to play well when they are on the field for 2/3 or more of the game. Over 39 minutes for them today.

That has been my opinion since week 3.

The Bills defense is LAST in the NFL against the run and 24 overall, how does that make the DC a candidate to be the head coach?

The Bills could have the #one defense against the pass, but why should opponents even try and throw when they can run so easily and win. Look at the Texans, some backup RB looked like Barry Sanders against the Bills defense.

The Bills defense is LAST in the NFL against the run and 24 overall, how does that make the DC a candidate to be the head coach?

The Bills could have the #one defense against the pass, but why should opponents even try and throw when they can run so easily and win. Look at the Texans, some backup RB looked like Barry Sanders against the Bills defense.

So you think Fewell's been given a lot to work with?

The near-constant 3-and-outs by the offense places an undue burden on the defense. The fact that the defense is not last in every category given the time they log is a statement that maybe they are not half bad on the whole. Yes, the defense has some major weaknesses, but the offense is just plain awful and is not helping out the defense hardly at all.

Have you considerd the possibility that the current players on D are simply better than the "starters" they've replaced---and that Fewell was too dense to realize this unti it was obvious to all?