open competiton

nuklz2594

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious if there are any potential FA Quaterbacks or any that we have the potential to trade for, though that isn't the route I would go.

The Dick is going to screw it up and lead us to probably a 6-10 or more likely 7-9 record and leave us out of the McCoy lottery. Bradford would be available if he comes out which is now unlikely. That leaves probably Snead, Tebow and a host of potential 2-5 round picks to chose a QB from.

Hopefully a new coach will get us out of this dreadful Trentative Checkwards era and start with someone like Tony Pike out of Cincy if he comes out. I could live with Tebow considering he can't be any worse than what we have now.

RB - who cares, it's going to be a committee approach with Jackson and whoever is still here or drafted.

Bradford is coming out...

Sam Bradford plans surgery, to enter NFL Draft in April

Sam Bradford plans to enter the 2010 NFL Draft

I agree, McCoy does have bust all over him but unfortunately, he is probably the best of the lot right now that's coming out of a pro style system. I would rather see Tebow or anyone else over McCoy. The point is that the Bills will be picking between 9 and 13 AGAIN so we are going to be out of the lottery for one of the elite players. We will probably go DB in the 1st anyway so hoping for anything else is moot at this point.

Pro system? One of the biggest knocks on McCoy is that he takes every snap from the shotgun and rarely has to make a read.

They paid Willis McGahee to use their training facilities to rehab and go on somewhere else when he got back to full strength. Why not throw some charity at Bradford as well? :thumbdown:

Sure, I can see RW opening up his wallet to the tune of $30+ guaranteed to see if Bradford ever fully recovers :wallbash:

Guest dog14787

We should draft a QB high and have open competition for the starting job next season. Personally I'm not convinced TE is not the answer, but if 70 % of the Bills fan base believes otherwise then its time to think about another option. especially considering the concussion issue.

Besides, QB's are a good investment in my opinion, just like good O-line.

We should draft a QB high and have open competition for the starting job next season. Personally I'm not convinced TE is not the answer, but if 70 % of the Bills fan base believes otherwise then its time to think about another option. especially considering the concussion issue.

Draft lineman. Big, fat, run-stuffing D-line and road-grading O-line guys. Grab a linebacker or two.

Bring in Graham Harrell from Saskatchewan, and hire...

Mike Leach

...to implement a spread and teach our receivers how to run routes like Wes Welker and Michael Crabtree.

Problems solved. God, that was easy. :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :unsure:

Pro system? One of the biggest knocks on McCoy is that he takes every snap from the shotgun and rarely has to make a read.

You are correct. I guess that in the NCAA over the past years, what Texas runs is about as close to a pro system as you might find. Most teams are running some sort of a spread or hybrid of a pro/shotgun style offense. The point is still there, that McCoy does have to actually read a defense instead of running a spread option offense.

I don't like him regardless. I just don't trust any QB coming out of Texas. It doesn't matter though, the Bills will somehow screw it up and not have a shot in the top 5-7 picks anyway. We will end up settling for the Safety from USC and go with a NT and 10 DB's on defense next year.

:unsure:

Guest dog14787
:unsure:

Listen buddy, we have been asked to mellow out, if you don't have anything constructive to say then how about not posting. I tried having a reasonable open discussion with you and talk things through and its just not happening.

So lets just stay clear of each others post for the sake of everyone concerned.

Guest dog14787
Draft lineman. Big, fat, run-stuffing D-line and road-grading O-line guys. Grab a linebacker or two.

Bring in Graham Harrell from Saskatchewan, and hire...

Mike Leach

...to implement a spread and teach our receivers how to run routes like Wes Welker and Michael Crabtree.

Problems solved. God, that was easy. :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :unsure:

I love the Graham Harrell/ Mike Leach Plan, Graham Harrell should be playing in the NFL and I do wish they would consider bringing him and taking a good hard look at him. Mike Leach has his QB 's geared for the NFL

Graham Harrell is a Tom Brady clone.