Edwards fans are sounding desperate for Fitzy to fail

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous.. So you'd rather have sayy.. the 2009 Rams as your team, or the 2008-2009 Lions... makes no sense. going 7-9 or going 0-16 isn't going to matter for next year, no matter where we end up, there is still obviously going to need to be improvements made.
It makes perfect sense...what difference does it make if this team isn't going to the playoffs? I'd rather see them lose every game and completely rebuild then keep suffering though these horrid 7-9 seasons.

This owner will never fire Jauron if the team goes 7-9 again, or even worse 8-8 and most fans will think, Hey the Bills have a winning record now and will win the super bowl next year, but they won't even make the playoffs!!

The owner is currently happy because every game sells out and fans keep buying merchandise, the only way for a change to take place with this team is complete failure. So yea, with every game they win this season, the more things will stay the same.

Guest dog14787
10th against the pass, you would think close to first with the amount of draft picks spent on DB's the last few years :thumbsup:

The Panthers must have dropped considerably unless someone had their info wrong last week. Seems like someone posted the panthers were 2nd against the pass.(before the game) I can't see Fitzpatrick's performance dropping them that much, but I also didn't verify the ranking so it was probably wrong to begin with then.

It makes perfect sense...what difference does it make if this team isn't going to the playoffs? I'd rather see them lose every game and completely rebuild then keep suffering though these horrid 7-9 seasons.

This owner will never fire Jauron if the team goes 7-9 again, or even worse 8-8 and most fans will think, Hey the Bills have a winning record now and will win the super bowl next year, but they won't even make the playoffs!!

The owner is currently happy because every game sells out and fans keep buying merchandise, the only way for a change to take place with this team is complete failure. So yea, with every game they win this season, the more things will stay the same.

A team will make A LOT more money going to the playoffs.. more sellouts, more merchandise, advertisements. i find it hard to believe that any owner would be happy being o.k. I also find it hard to believe Raplh, being 149 years old, would rather see extra $ in his checking account than to see the bills go to the superbowl again before his time is up.

Lets run another QB out of town because we found a way to barely beat two crappy teams in a row thanks to an insane turnover ratio.

You keep speaking of this insane turnover ratio as if it has absolutely nothing to do with our offense. The turnover ratio wouldn't look quite as good if the offense had been giving the ball back to the other team multiple times each game, which it has not. Fitzpatrick has been doing his job very well in this respect. He's not turning the ball over, even though he is throwing the ball downfield and giving our playmakers chances to make a play (Imagine that). This during two road games. It doesn't matter who you are playing, winning on the road is not an easy task in the NFL, just ask the Eagles how their trip to Oakland went last week. And stop kidding yourself, the Jets are not a "crappy team". Sure they didn't very good at all offensively against us, but they have also beaten the Pats*, dominated the Texans on the road, had the Dolphins beat in Miami, and just embarrassed a Raider team that took down a damn good Eagles team the week before. So gimme a break with that statement.

Fitzpatrick came in completely cold in the Meadowlands, having taken about 20% (if that) of the snaps in practice in the weeks before that. We won that game, and we won again last week on the road. He may not have "won" us either game, but he sure as hell didn't come close to being the guy that could've "lost" it. Now let's see what he can do with a couple full weeks of practice with the first team under his belt and a home game coming up. Most around here are pretty confident that we know what our former starter is capable of in this league. Time to take off the Trent Edwards pajamas.

Poor O-line play throughout your career tends to get QB's injured, does that even register with you guys.

Big Ben has had one of the worst O-lines throughout his whole NFL Career and he stays healthy. Oh and he has 2 superbowl rings. Oh and he has been sacked at least 45 times for the past 3 years.

Obviously the o-line can't take all the blame. Trent just can't cut it and hasn't been able to consistently for his whole NFL career.

Guest dog14787
Big Ben has had one of the worst O-lines throughout his whole NFL Career and he stays healthy. Oh and he has 2 superbowl rings. Oh and he has been sacked at least 45 times for the past 3 years.

Obviously the o-line can't take all the blame. Trent just can't cut it and hasn't been able to consistently for his whole NFL career.

Right, and the league is just full of QB's built like Big Ben. (and as talented)

Edwards Supporters have become exactly what they hated before, JP Losman Suporters

Same excuses/arguements, you could take the excuses by Edwards Supporters and replace it with JP and you will find those same things in posts from the last couple years. The o-line is bad, the coaches are bad and screwing him up, the play callings bad.......

Right, and the league is just full of QB's built like Big Ben. (and as talented)

Aaron Rodgers has been sacked more then Edwards and Fitzpatrick combined this year and Rodgers has been in one less game since GB had the Bye week, yet Rodgers still makes plays and can throw for over 300 yards a game.

Seriously, the folks standing up for Trent Edwards just realize he's a better starting QB. The only thing that even suggests otherwise is in the win / loss column. I want to see the Bills win ball games, but the first half of the panthers game was the worse offensive display I have seen yet from the Buffalo Bills this season.

Fitz won the two ball games because of 10 turnovers and anyone that thinks otherwise really needs to get there head examined. I can't speak for everyone , but I am very glad the Bills won the ball games and to suggest differently just because we have a difference of opinion on the QB's is just posting BS.

Where were you for the Browns game?

Guest dog14787
Aaron Rodgers has been sacked more then Edwards and Fitzpatrick combined this year and Rodgers has been in one less game since GB had the Bye week, yet Rodgers still makes plays and can throw for over 300 yards a game.

We are starting one of the Packers cast offs and the Bills by far have the worse O-line in the league.

The Panthers must have dropped considerably unless someone had their info wrong last week. Seems like someone posted the panthers were 2nd against the pass.(before the game) I can't see Fitzpatrick's performance dropping them that much, but I also didn't verify the ranking so it was probably wrong to begin with then.

I think he meant that the Bills are 10th against the pass, which is true. The Panthers are #1. That's the official ranking, which is passing yards per game. If you look at yards per pass, the Bills are #3 and the Panthers are #12.

Guest dog14787
I think he meant that the Bills are 10th against the pass, which is true. The Panthers are #1. That's the official ranking, which is passing yards per game. If you look at yards per pass, the Bills are #3 and the Panthers are #12.

Yup, my mistake.

Guest dog14787
Where were you for the Browns game?

Whats going to the game have to do with it.

152 yards beats 123 yards in my book, give TE 5 turnovers with a couple of them in the red zone and we beat the Browns.

Guest dog14787
You have an excuse for every single comment about Trent. I find it comical. :thumbsup:

Glad I could give you a laugh. I just realize the main problem with our offense is the O-line. Did you happen to notice how poorly Lynch is running the ball or because that doesn't fit your argument its not worth mentioning.

Try to come up with some real proof Fitz is better then TE and I'll give some credit were credit is due.

Guest dog14787
All this debate means to me is that neither of these guys are the answer......like in Cleveland.

Answer to the problem, No, Fitz or TE doesn't play on the O-line. They would both do much better behind an O-line that could pass protect.

We are starting one of the Packers cast offs and the Bills by far have the worse O-line in the league.

His point is the same point that you dismiss every time somebody brings it up.

- Buffalo has given up 19 sacks in 7 games (~ 2.7 sacks/game)

- Green Bay clearly has the worst OL in the league, giving up 6 more sacks than Buffalo in one fewer game (~ 4.2 sacks/game).

- Pittsburgh's line has given up 16 sacks, 3 fewer than Buffalo (2.3 sacks/game). Do you believe that 0.4 sacks/game is really the difference between Pittsburgh's QB play and Buffalo's?

- San Diego's line has given up 15 sacks, 4 fewer than Buffalo in one fewer game (2.5 sacks/game). Do you believe that 0.2 sacks/game is really the difference between San Diego's QB play and Buffalo's?

The numbers don't lie dude. Buffalo's line is on par with these teams, but they get better QB play. That has to fall on the QB's shoulders.