What bills Make PRO Bowl and who sould get a vote?

Ball Coach

I have Wood, Byrd and Stroud getting votes and only Byrd making it.

Do you even know if Byrd can cover anyone?? On those two picks Sunday the recievers were wide open. Palamalu, Sanders, and Reed will all make it before anyone on the Bills on reputation alone.

Stroud has a chance with injuries to the Jets and Charger's NT's(Jenkins and Williams). H. Ngata in Baltimore is probably a lock to make it.

I can't see Wood making it over other veteran guards.

If Schobel gets 10 sacks he probably goes especially with that highlight reel INT and TD against the Pats on national TV.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even know if Byrd can cover anyone?? On those two picks Sunday the recievers were wide open. Palamalu, Sanders, and Reed will all make it before anyone on the Bills on reputation alone.

Stroud has a chance with injuries to the Jets and Charger's NT's(Jenkins and Williams). H. Ngata in Baltimore is probably a lock to make it.

If Schobel gets 10 sacks he probably goes especially with that highlight reel INT and TD against the Pats on national TV.

1. Polamalu has been hurt, Reed is having an off year, and Sanders I think just played his first game. IF byrd continues this unlikely streak of WINNING GAMES SINGLE-HANDEDLY, he deserves the spot.

2. Ngata and Stroud don't play the same position.

3. Wood has no chance

4. Schobel needs more than 10 sacks to make it, and I would give him about a 10% chance.

1. Polamalu has been hurt, Reed is having an off year, and Sanders I think just played his first game. IF byrd continues this unlikely streak of WINNING GAMES SINGLE-HANDEDLY, he deserves the spot.

2. Ngata and Stroud don't play the same position.

3. Wood has no chance

4. Schobel needs more than 10 sacks to make it, and I would give him about a 10% chance.

I hope this doesn't sound too mean, but:

1. Byrd has never even come close to winning a game single-handedly. He made one nice play against Braylon Edwards, and other than that he caught 4 passes thrown directly to him. Maybe, and I stress maybe, if he had scored a go-ahead TD on one of his gift interceptions, I'd give him credit for making a winning play, but to say that any player--let alone a FS who's biggest accomplishment thus far has been not dropping horrendous overthrows from opposing QBs--single-handedly won a game is utterly ridiculous.

Also, Reed isn't having an off year. He's forced 2 fumbles, recovered another, and returned his only interception for a touchdown.

2. On last year's pro bowl ballot, Ngata was listed as a DT.

3. Agreed. I don't think anyone outside of Buffalo has even mentioned his name in a positive light since the draft.

4. Schobel made the pro bowl in 2007 with 6.5 sacks, so I sincerely doubt he needs 10. The leading sack-artists in the AFC are 3-4 OLBs Dumervil and Harrison (each of whom have 10 sacks), and after those two are Antwan Odom (whose out for the season with an Achilles injury) with 8, Dwight Freeney with 7, Robert Mathis with 4.5, and Schobel and a host of others with 4. I don't think the number really matters as much as finishing ahead of the rest of the pack with whom he's currently tied.

Not hating on Stroud (although I don't think he's been great), but I'd love to hear about the last time a DT made the probowl on a team that was dead last in rushing defense and YPC.

And if Marshawn wasn't sucking away carries on the way to his 2.9 yards per dance, I would have given Freddy an outside shot.

DB's don't typically go on name recognition. Usually, the Conference int. leader earns a starting nod.

I hope this doesn't sound too mean, but:

1. Byrd has never even come close to winning a game single-handedly. He made one nice play against Braylon Edwards, and other than that he caught 4 passes thrown directly to him. Maybe, and I stress maybe, if he had scored a go-ahead TD on one of his gift interceptions, I'd give him credit for making a winning play, but to say that any player--let alone a FS who's biggest accomplishment thus far has been not dropping horrendous overthrows from opposing QBs--single-handedly won a game is utterly ridiculous.

I usually don't disagree with you, but recently it seems as if every other post I don't share your view. When any one says that a player "single-handedly" won the game, it's a statement of hyperbole. In this case, Byrd deserves that exaggeration. His interception return took us to the 7 and 27 yard lines of the opposing team in this last game, if it weren't for him, we would not of won that game, or for that matter the Jets game, that is just about unarguable.

Also, you're not the first person that has mentioned this, but I keep hearing "well the QB made a terrible throw" or "the ball went right in his hand", to tell you the truth, I find it surprising that you and another person that I respect on this board would even make this assertion.

There is something to be said about consistently being "Johnny on the spot". This is what you would call natural "football instincts". To think that it is coincidental that he was a tremendous ballhawk in college and now luckily he is in the right position constantly to have 5 picks in 3 games is "utterly ridiculous".

I played college soccer and we had this guy that was an amazing goal scorer, he consistently scored over 30 goals a year for three straight years, and when I saw him play, and make those goals, they must have been the most uneventful goals you could possibly imagine. They were all what we considered "garbage" goals, the guy just happened to always be in the right spot at the right time. I came to realize that it WASN'T luck. He just had a phenomenal goal scorers instincts. Now I realize that soccer isn't the same as football, but there is a distinct parallel between the two comparisons, and that is natural instincts.

This team stinks, one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL currently at 27th, St Louis-Detroit-Washington are better.

The defense is LAST in the NFL against the run and 10th against the pass

Special teams single handedly lost 2 games and have been horrid at times.

It is a team game, nobody on this team deserves pro bowl recognition.

No Bills will get voted in. And rightfully so

But every team gets to send at least one player. So past reputations will give Schobel or Stroud a trip to Hawaii

In the NFL every team doesn't have to send one player that is in baseball. There have been a few teams that didn't have a single player over the past few seasons.

I usually don't disagree with you, but recently it seems as if every other post I don't share your view. When any one says that a player "single-handedly" won the game, it's a statement of hyperbole. In this case, Byrd deserves that exaggeration. His interception return took us to the 7 and 27 yard lines of the opposing team in this last game, if it weren't for him, we would not of won that game, or for that matter the Jets game, that is just about unarguable.

Also, you're not the first person that has mentioned this, but I keep hearing "well the QB made a terrible throw" or "the ball went right in his hand", to tell you the truth, I find it surprising that you and another person that I respect on this board would even make this assertion.

There is something to be said about consistently being "Johnny on the spot". This is what you would call natural "football instincts". To think that it is coincidental that he was a tremendous ballhawk in college and now luckily he is in the right position constantly to have 5 picks in 3 games is "utterly ridiculous".

I played college soccer and we had this guy that was an amazing goal scorer, he consistently scored over 30 goals a year for three straight years, and when I saw him play, and make those goals, they must have been the most uneventful goals you could possibly imagine. They were all what we considered "garbage" goals, the guy just happened to always be in the right spot at the right time. I came to realize that it WASN'T luck. He just had a phenomenal goal scorers instincts. Now I realize that soccer isn't the same as football, but there is a distinct parallel between the two comparisons, and that is natural instincts.

I hear you, we have found ourselves on opposite sides more than usual lately...happens I guess.

There was some lack of carryover from the main Jairus Byrd thread to this one, so I may have misrepresented the breadth of my opinion regarding Byrd in this thread. I do think he's a good player with a lot of potential, and I am glad he's making plays.

For his part, I'm on record that nobody can make a play being out of position, and he has done a terrific job of capitalizing on the opportunities that he's had. I just think that the pro bowl talk is undeserving. He made one outstanding play (the interception vs. Braylon Edwards) and (as you perfectly put it) was "Johnny on the spot" on the others. I guess I just find it hard to envision him making the same kinds of plays if guys like D. Anderson, Sanchez, and Delhomme aren't off target all afternoon. Now, if he continues to pull down picks--or in the very least make plays on the football--against some of the better QBs on the schedule (Schaub, Garrard, Brady, Ryan, Manning--if he plays in Week 17), then I'll be more receptive to the idea that he's just that good at anticipating the play and knowing where to be. Until then, the skeptic in me wants to chalk it up to poor opposing QB play.

Regarding the "single-handedly" stuff, my point was simply that someone going to that extreme is ill-advised considering that the offense still had to put the ball in the end zone. If they failed to do so, we're talking about a one-score game in which Carolina wouldn't have had to take so many shots down the field, which eventually resulted in yet another turnover (on the Wilson INT). Did he contribute to the offense scoring the TDs that they did? Absolutely, but--in my opinion--to say that a guy that didn't score a point in a 20-9 victory single-handedly won the game is over-stating the case.

As a Bills fan voting, all the Bills on the ballot should get a vote. :devil:

But in the real NFL universe no one on this team comes close to deserving it, except for Moorman who has been the Bills MVP for years now.

Moorman has been the Bills most consistent player for the last 5 or 6 season, but even he hasn't been quite as good as usual this season.

unless you've been there before or you're a name brand, you need to be a stat leader in your position. right now only Byrd is on pace to do that. working against him however will be he's an unheralded rookie and he plays for a bad team. make him a 1st rounder and put up his production on the pats and it's all they'd yapping about on espn.

other than byrd i'd say hamdan as 3rd string qb .... he's always done what ever's been asked in his role. always been 3rd string QB thru thick and thin (mostly thin), so he has the stats to back up his case.