2010 Draft Needs

Armchair GM

This is draft or free agency...

1. HC

2. QB

3. MLB

4. LT

That's really it. They're a coach, a QB, maybe a tackle (I haven't given up on Bell by any stretch), a hulking middle linebacker and little bit better of a pass rush away from being a very good football team. Sounds like a lot, but trust me, there are teams that are hurting a lot worse than us.

First order of duty... we need a quality head coach in this town. Make it happen.

And I agree. Our needs can be handled in the draft AND in free agency. I think the deepest position in free agency is linebacker.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html

And experience is one of our biggest issues on o-line, so it would be great to see us go out and get someone like Marcus McNeill or Jared Gaither in free agency. No need for more rookies to develop, unless we somehow land a total stud.

Draft the QB of the future in Bradford, Tebow, Locker, Mallett, LeFevour, or McCoy.

I would then grab the best DT available in round 2.

If we could somehow trade Whitner or Schobel for a high draft pick, I think we would be doing ourselves a favor. Don't get me wrong, I love Schobel and I admire Whitner's fiery attitude. But I think we need to beef up at DE, and we have good safeties in Byrd, Scott, and Wilson. We're the LAST ranked defense in rushing yards against. Something needs to change there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has Lee Evans done to show you he is a #1? (other than he has the contract of a #1)

I think we need to see what we've got in Hardy and Johnson for the rest of this year. WR is the last thing I think we should be chasing this offseason.

I think we need to see what we've got in Hardy and Johnson for the rest of this year. WR is the last thing I think we should be chasing this offseason.

Agreed. They have so many players on this team that haven't proven that they're not good yet that need to get some reps so we can see what we're working with: Hardy, Johnson, Nelson, the entire Offensive Line, Maybin, Ellis, Harris, etc. These are the guys that I'd like to see what they can do. Guarantee you there's a few ballers out of that group.

In order of importance? Or in order of which we should draft them? Or perhaps in order of how the Bills FO thinks we should draft them?

Importance:

1. QB

2. O Line

3. LB

4. DL

We should Draft them

1. DL

2. O Line

3. QB

4. LB

How I think the Bills FO will draft

1. LB

2. QB

3. DL

4. O Line

I think the Bills will end up sticking with our O-line as is, either move Wood to Center, Butler into RG, Meredith at RT, Bell at LT and Levitre at LG (thus not needing to spend a first day pick on the line). They will realize our inability to stop the run stems primarily from undersized linebackers and thus will spend a first rounder on Spikes. They won't want to spend first round money on a QB and will wait to the second to take whatever highly intelligent and whimpy QB from CA is available. They will then draft a DT or surprise everyone with a 3rd round DE. And finally they will take on the O-line by drafting a TE out of eastern kansas. They will then probably draft a few DB/S that they will try and play at either Linebacker or WR.

In all seriousness, the draft in 2009 was fairly good considering we have at least 3, maybe 4 starters from it. But, 2010 needs to be stronger. It all will boil down to who is coaching.

You're giving the Bills front office way too much credit. This has been a problem for years and they refuse to address it.

LT

QB

DT/DE

No QB could play well with the tackles we employ, so I think thats the more dire need. We could use a LB only because Mitchell may be out with his knee next year, but we have Digorgio coming back and Harris - two players a new coach will make sure hit the field someway or another. I feel a new coach will also move Maybin to LB because he sucks at DE. So I think we should be fine at LB. We still need DL help in the form of a DT and a DE. I wish these coaches would give Ellis a chance.

LT

QB

DT/DE

No QB could play well with the tackles we employ, so I think thats the more dire need. We could use a LB only because Mitchell may be out with his knee next year, but we have Digorgio coming back and Harris - two players a new coach will make sure hit the field someway or another. I feel a new coach will also move Maybin to LB because he sucks at DE. So I think we should be fine at LB. We still need DL help in the form of a DT and a DE. I wish these coaches would give Ellis a chance.

I thought I'd seen it all. First of all, DiGiorgio was cut outright. Second of all, yeah, that's how the Steelers and Ravens win- with linebackers like DiGiorgio.

If QB is in your top three then you do not have a clue. You have to fix the line first! what do you think of Trent Dilfer (SP). He was not the best he did dink N dunk and had a great O line. So if i am the GM I bring in a new staff then draft in this order

1 OL

2 DT

3 LB

4 C

5 DT or LB

6 TE

7 LB

Then find the best FA players that fit what i want to do. Tell Ralph to open his wallet, He can't take it with him. Stop liven in the past, no one cares what you did in the 60's or 90's the time is now so lets get it done.

1. OLB (possibly ILB if a stud is available and move Poz outside)

2. LT

3. QB

4. Another OLB

5. DT

This is spot on!!!! I don't understand how everyone can say we need a new QB when LT is on everyone's draft list. I am not sold on Trent and I would take the Randy Wolfe approach and draft a QB every year. However OLB x 2 is the priority. I am not sold on Poz but with two legit NFL sized LB's next to him he might continue to develop. Always could use another DT and a lineman. A WR on day two and another safety to replace Wendling for ST's.

Addendum - If Nelson continues to develop we may not need to draft another slow white TE to go with the other three on the roster.......

1. QB - To replace Edwards, since we are going 7-9 it might be wise to trade the pick and get a vet... But, Non cap year so I bet a lot of underclassmen will be jumping in to get those juicy contracts, we will see after the BCS games. We will be picking 11th.

2. LT - Havent had one for YEARS. Im suprised we arent sacked more.

3. LB - To replace Mitchell, he is smart but has lost a step & I think this is the last year? And move Maybin here too. I dont care who is on corner/safety/de we have a ton of those guys in our platoon anyways.

4. RT - Again, until we can hold back the rush, our QBs will be under pressure as usual.

We so dont need ANOTHER CB or TE!!! Its too bad we cant slot in a WR into TE.

B.

If we keep winning Jauron will not be fired and this is what will happen:

QB Position

Trent will be gone. I think they bring in Daunte Culpepper, who will be available on the cheap, after the Lions allow him to go in FA with Stafford's big money contract and Stanton for his backup. I think they draft a QB like Zack Robinson in the 3rd and the Chroise will be no more in Buffalo.

OT Position

This is where our FO ticks alot of people off. They will stick with Bell at LT and draft a RT in the 2nd. Look for them to draft Sam Young of Notre Dame, Ciron Black of LSU, or Justin Fox of Miami to be the RT of the future. Or, not to my surprise, they will stick with Meredith, have Butler and Chambers for backups, and spend a later round pick on someone like Zane Beadles of Utah or Chris Scott of Tennessee.

OG Position

Camp fodder will be brought in to battle for a backup slot along with Butler, likely some UFA's. I think our prospects are good at this position as I think Wood and Levitre will be one of the best OG tandems we've ever had in Buffalo before it's all said and done.

TE Position

Schouman will be gone, especially coming off of the knee injury. Don't look for him to be re-signed. I think we go TE in the later rounds as well with a guy like Dedrick Epps from Miami in the 5th.

WR Position

Don't be surprised when Reed, Parrish, and Owens are all gone in the offseason. People are going to scream and cry that it's Johnson's time, but I think he's still behind Hardy because they want to see if he's the long-term answer for a posession WR. Johnson will see alot more time in the slot, where I think he'll be very effective. We'll bring in another guy like Hank Baskett and draft a WR late like usual, someone like Taylor Price of Ohio in the 6th.

DE Position

This is where it gets a little iffy, IMO. If we're picking in the usual 9,10,11 slot Suh and Cody will likely be gone. Schobel is on the downturn of a solid Bills career. That leaves us with an option to draft another DE with our #1 pick. Don't be surprised to hear, "And the Buffalo Bills select Greg Hardy from Ole Miss," or "And the Buffalo Bills select Brandon Graham from the University of Michigan." I think this is the most likely possibility come April.

DT Position

Call me crazy, but I think the Bills make a run at Richard Seymour to play beside Stroud. He might do it just to be able to face his former team twice a year. McCargo? Gone. The rotation will be Stroud and Seymour starting with Williams and Johnson spelling the two as needed. I don't see us spending a high pick on a DT, I just don't. Maybe a 4th on a guy like Mike Neal from Purdue.

LB Position

Maybin is getting paid good money to be a "situational" guy, and Kelsay is having a career year for him, so Aaron will make the move to LB in the offseason. With that move they will not do anything to the LB corp. They will go with Maybin at SOLB, Puz at MLB, and Mitchell at WOLB along with the same backups we have now.

S Position

This is where it could get a bit gut wrenching for some Bills fans. If Taylor Mays falls to Jauron in the 1st round, he will run to the poteum and announce the pick himself. I've seen enough to know that Byrd IS the answer at FS, IMO. The kid is an excellent tackler and is always around the ball making plays. Five, count'em, five INT's in 3 games. I can't remember ever saying that about a Bills' DB, especially a rookie. The kid is good. Whitner will be put back at SS with Wilson and Scott serving as backups. Other than Mays I don't think we draft another S high, if at all.

CB Position

I think the organization is happy with the crop of CB's we have, finally, and there will be nothing more than late picks spent on them. 6th round or later.

It's obvious that a high quality QB would benefit the team most. The problem is that none of the guys coming out seem to be worthy of a high pick. It looks like a bunch of Cade Mcknown's and Rick Mirer's out there. I think they should pick a QB in the 3rd or later, pick up a journeyman, and hope to draft another QB high in 2011. I know that blows, but I can't see anything else being productive, and I dread another three year development of another QB that isn't up to snuff.

It's obvious that a high quality QB would benefit the team most. The problem is that none of the guys coming out seem to be worthy of a high pick. It looks like a bunch of Cade Mcknown's and Rick Mirer's out there. I think they should pick a QB in the 3rd or later, pick up a journeyman, and hope to draft another QB high in 2011. I know that blows, but I can't see anything else being productive, and I dread another three year development of another QB that isn't up to snuff.

Once again... this is THE MOST HIGHLY TOUTED QB CLASS in terms of sheer number of talented players in a long, long time. McCoy, Tebow, Bradford, Locker, Lefevour, Mallett, Clausen, etc etc. There are a number of guys that COULD be good. You face that possibility every year of a guy being a total bust. But with this many good quarterbacks coming into the league, the Bills HAVE TO take a shot. The franchise needs a new face in a big way.

This is draft or free agency...

1. GM

2. HC

3. QB

4. MLB

5. LT

Fixed it for you. It's pointless to focus on players while ignoring the front office picking said players. Draft Day is nice, but do we really have confidence that the current case of Jauron, Modrak, and whoever claims to be the GM will get it right?

I'd fill the issue at LB in UFA if possible and go best DT or OT available in Round 1.

OL

OL

OL

Don't you feel good about having Wood and Levitre inside?

They looked bad yesterday, but have looked good (well, better than Dockery) at times this year.

My hope is that they move Wood to Center. Butt-kickin' guards are easier to come by than centers, it seems to me.

I would not mind seeing 2 OTs taken in, say, the 2nd and 4th rounds in 2010.

But your call for 3 OLs does not make sense. I understand where you are coming from, though.