QB Controversy

FIVE

QUOTE (Alphadawg7 @ Aug 30 2009, 02:34 AM) *

Absoulutely! Our O Line WILL be better than it was eventually. My guess is that you never played football...The O Line takes the longest to gel, it doesnt happen over night and we have some rookies too...We without a doubt have more talent on our O Line now than we did last year, they just arent together yet. Its a coesive unit.

Another famous quote from Alphadawg, now isn't this fun, and I have more juicy stuff, so how are you liking a taste of your own medicine.

You guys should just hook up with MSN messenger.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this shows that we still very much need a QB

and new coaches B-)

and a DT and an LB

Some depth for them too

an LT

and an oline that doesn't get penalties.

Defense did well and the Oline didnt get many penalties. Did you watch the game? :lol:

1. It is 2009

2. Where is the link which shows a comparison of QBs first halfs for 2009?

3. Hard to believe you fabricate the claim that TRENT IS THE LOWEST RATED passer in first halfs this season.

I didnt say this season, I havent done a comparison like I did in 2008...if you want to find out, you literally have to look up each starting QB individually...

Here is some more fun info for you: Fitz in the first halves of games in 2008: QB Rating 98

But guess what, in 2009 his first half QB rating is still just 78 with guess what ONLY TWO TD's in the 12 quarters of play he has had in the first half this year. So, its pretty clear he is one of the worst first half QB's...

Absoulutely! Our O Line WILL be better than it was eventually. My guess is that you never played football...The O Line takes the longest to gel, it doesnt happen over night and we have some rookies too...We without a doubt have more talent on our O Line now than we did last year, they just arent together yet. Its a coesive unit.

Another famous quote from Alphadawg, now isn't this fun, and I have more juicy stuff, so how are you liking a taste of your own medicine.

Whats wrong with this post? I didnt say they were great, or were going to be great out the gate. I specifially said, and you highlighted it, the O line takes the LONGEST to gel and they arent together yet? What is confusing about that for you? Man, did you take the short bus to school?

I sill stand 100% behind this statement that I trully believe we have more talent on this O line than last year. They have only played SEVEN games and Butler has been hurt...

I don't think Fitz has outplayed Trent. What I do think is that 2 wins with Fitz at the helm might help to improve both QBs. They're winning and Trent knows they are doing it without him. It doesn't hurt to start Fitz as long as they're winning and games aren't lost because of him. I hope both improve because of the situation. For now, leave Fitz in. When was the last time we won 2 in a row? Small miracles. Lets celebrate. :lol:

Improve Edwards? One of his biggest problems against Cleveland was that he was trying far too damned hard, and making very stupid decisions because of it.

Odds are this is going to make him even more !@#$ed in the head.

Our touchdown production clearly says otherwise...

For the record I dont think he is very good...that being said, he is still a better option than Trent, just ask Lee Evans...

I hate this football team...The only thing good about them are the rookies that are playing now and that is only because they havent been ruined by the coaching of this franchise..Next yr Byrd will be playing 50 yards from the line of scrimmage and wood and levitre will be asked to put on 50 lbs each to bulk up and be to slow to get better...Watching them win was even painfull....Anyone could play qb in this system and look as bad..Its his system so who cares who is the qb

Guest dog14787
LMAO, Just like I said, I never used the words you accused me of or said it in the way you like to claim I did...so thanks for proving my point from my other thread.

Why is it everytime you are called out for flip flopping BS all you can do is bring up this one post? Seriously? Rather than just address the post, you bring this one up despite I apologized to you three times after you got your vag so hurt.

So, for the record, I officially take back my apology, you clearly just want to milk this to cover your retarted posts you always make, and quite honestly, you earned this post when I wrote it as you did nothing but barrage me with inuslts when I didnt agree with your claims of greatness of your boyfriend Trent. You can dish it but you cant take it...why dont you go grab that stuffed bunny in your avatar now and suck your thumb while you cry in the corner about it...

Flip flop? how about just plain stupid, do you even know what gel and cohesive means, I mean you couldn't even spell it so probably not and by the way I think SDS can figure out what you were trying to say in your posts don't you.

Am I the only one that sees that Fitz totally sux and over/under throws 9 out of 10 passes. Yea TO dropped a few balls but if they were thrown to him and not way above his head or behind him maybe he would have caught a few more. I cant wait till TE comes back, hell put Hamdan in until TE comes back. He looked better than Fitz in the preseason anyways.

Fitzy did little to generate a "controversy". However, he did do one thing that Trent absolutley needs to start doing: It was 3rd and long, first half. He gets rushed out of the pocket; looks and has the RB right in front of him for the checkdown. It's and easy pass to make. Of course, we'd be punting. Instead, Fitz stops, looks downfield and throws to a covered TO (a high throw). TO jumps and the ball goes right through his hands. We punt.

Same result as Trent, but completely different attitude toward the game. Trent should probably be the starter when healthy. But, he has to start throwing downfield more. Fitzy did more of that today than Trent has done all season. Yeah, the stat line wasn't good. But, the offense continued trying and never looked defeated. I think that's largely due to having a QB that doesn't give up on every play the moment the pocket collapses (which happens every play).

So, no, Fitzy doesn't look like the answer to anything. But, he's shown me enough to say Trent is checking down on his own; its not a coaching decision. Trent needs to wake up. Get out of his house. And go watch Fitz play. He could learn something.

Great post, I think you hit it right on the head.

Flip flop? how about just plain stupid, do you even know what gel and cohesive means, I mean you couldn't even spell it so probably not and by the way I think SDS can figure out what you were trying to say in your posts don't you.

Whats stupid Dog? You think my statement of our O line having more talent on it than last year with Wood and Levitre here is stupid? You are probably are too dumb to even aknowledge we have been missing Butler and thats hurt us big time.

You think my statement that the O line takes the longer to gel than any other area of football is stupid? You think me saying they are not yet cohesive is stupid?

Seriously, what part of my post was stupid to you? Or is it that you were so stupid that when you read it you misread it for a claim that our O line is better now and tried to burn me before you realized thats not what I said at all? Sounds about right to me...

Guest dog14787
Whats stupid Dog? You think my statement of our O line having more talent on it than last year with Wood and Levitre here is stupid? You are probably are too dumb to even aknowledge we have been missing Butler and thats hurt us big time.

You think my statement that the O line takes the longer to gel than any other area of football is stupid? You think me saying they are not yet cohesive is stupid?

Seriously, what part of my post was stupid to you? Or is it that you were so stupid that when you read it you misread it for a claim that our O line is better now and tried to burn me before you realized thats not what I said at all? Sounds about right to me...

and that's stupid, because its not what you posted, folks ragged on you then when you posted it and I'm ragging on you now.