1 or 4:

I am personally loving the 4 pm start times. Although, I was sure I wouldn't like them so regularly. For me, I get a chance to get things done beforehand, and am able to fully commit myself to drinking heavily for the game given the fact I won't have to mull around half drunk for the rest of the day.

With the late start, the drinking and commiserating can almost be justifiably parlayed into an all-night affair. Thoughts?

I am personally loving the 4 pm start times. Although, I was sure I wouldn't like them so regularly. For me, I get a chance to get things done beforehand, and am able to fully commit myself to drinking heavily for the game given the fact I won't have to mull around half drunk for the rest of the day.

With the late start, the drinking and commiserating can almost be justifiably parlayed into an all-night affair. Thoughts?

If I'm watching the game on tv, 4pm is nice for those reasons you stated. When I'm at the game, 1pm is much better IMO.

I like the 1. I am in Bangkok so that is midnight here I don't want to wake up at 3 and with this team being the way they are I missed 2 games that started at 4. If they start at 1 I can justifiy to myself being tired if I stay awake past 2or3. I did see the last quarter and OT last week but the stream I was on blew chuncks. I have to work this Monday and I am sleeping though this one, too. I really want to know WHY all these games at 4?

4 PM for any games that I'm attending. I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and and still have lots of time to tailgate

If it's a game I watch on TV then I prefer the 1 O'clock start. It's hard to get a good seat at the sports bar unless we have the early game.