Slow week for Tim Graham?

I usually really enjoy his artcles about the Bills and everything else AFC East, but this article got on my nerves a bit. There really isn't anything better than this going on in the division to write on right now? Not to mention starting to make predictions like this based on numbers 6 weeks into a season in laughable. You're better than this, Tim.

TG Article

All the media, in print, TV, and radio, make predicitons all the time. It's a huge part of their job. In week 2 all the talk was how many TDs Brees was going to end up with. It's what they do. The fact that Tim is predicting a horrendous year for a defense is just indicative of how bad the Bills have been on run defense.

If you don't want to read negative stories about the Bills, I'd suggest not reading anything about football. Because, let's face it, the Bills haven't given anyone much of anything positive to write about for quite some time.

All the media, in print, TV, and radio, make predicitons all the time. It's a huge part of their job. In week 2 all the talk was how many TDs Brees was going to end up with. It's what they do. The fact that Tim is predicting a horrendous year for a defense is just indicative of how bad the Bills have been on run defense.

If you don't want to read negative stories about the Bills, I'd suggest not reading anything about football. Because, let's face it, the Bills haven't given anyone much of anything positive to write about for quite some time.

I have no problem what so ever with sports writers making predictions. It's the nature of this particular prediction and the fact that he decided that it was pertanent enough to dedicate an article to it that bothers me. Just seems like there are many more stories going on in the divison currently (i.e. Jenkins' injury, Fitzpatrick starting, Henne making his third career start, the Pats* offensive display last week, Sanchez' struggles, etc) that are more worthwhile to write about. Rather than trying to decide whether the Bills are going to get gashed for 240+ yards a game for the rest of the year to set a record. JMHO.

I have no problem what so ever with sports writers making predictions. It's the nature of this particular prediction and the fact that he decided that it was pertanent enough to dedicate an article to it that bothers me. Just seems like there are many more stories going on in the divison currently (i.e. Jenkins' injury, Fitzpatrick starting, Henne making his third career start, the Pats* offensive display last week, Sanchez' struggles, etc) that are more worthwhile to write about. Rather than trying to decide whether the Bills are going to get gashed for 240+ yards a game for the rest of the year to set a record. JMHO.

Valid points. Perhaps they'll be coming.

I have no problem what so ever with sports writers making predictions. JMHO.

I do. They're not seers. They're sports journalists/reporters. Every time I hear Schereth -et al- pontificate how a certain team 'is going to smash' an upcoming opponent, I'm disgusted for having devoted my attention to such crap. Even Hank Greenberg -who's 'job' it is to forcast outcomes- is terrible at it as well. I'm not sure why sports channels think their audience looks forward to this buffoonery.

Now, put a price on predictions -right; you keep your job, wrong; hit the road and I'll dial in.

Otherwise, give me information. Not you worthless predictions. I can get that at work. JMHO.

What the heck does this mean?

We fit it up?

He is referring to players fitting up into their run gaps...which has been a big problem with the Bills this year. Mostly all of the big runs against the Bills this year have been due to the over-agressivness of our LBs and hesitation of our Safeties.

Sanchez's struggles: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/mark-sanchez

Two long pieces already this week.

Jenkins' injury: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...-void-in-jets-d

Henne's third career start? Seriously? What is there to write about that wasn't covered before the first two?

Tom Terrific: Thankfully, Tim has not dedicated any full-length posts to this yet this week. I for one am glad.

Fitzpatrick starting: I'd expect Tim to wait until later in the week, when it's more definitive that Fitzpatrick actually will start. Also, the Buffalo News just did two articles on this topic, so it's not like there's a lot of fresh ground to cover.

My only complaint with this post is that Tim forgot to tag it "Buffalo Bills." I haven't seen much out there talking about how bad our run D has been, and it was nice to see it put in a historical perspective. Also, there are no predictions in the post, just speculations.

The truth really hurts sometimes. Its a shame that we are so bad that even reporters that support us on many occasions feel the need to point out how bad we are. Its play like this and articles that point it out that might finally reach key people like Brandon or Wilson and maybe we will be free of this crap that we must watch every Sunday. I say must because watching the Bills is not an option for me or most of us for that matter. We watch because we are hooked and love the team. That doesnt mean we have to like them right now.

Guest dog14787
I usually really enjoy his artcles about the Bills and everything else AFC East, but this article got on my nerves a bit. There really isn't anything better than this going on in the division to write on right now? Not to mention starting to make predictions like this based on numbers 6 weeks into a season in laughable. You're better than this, Tim.

TG Article

It is pretty amazing how many rushing yards we are on pace to give up don't you think?

Makes for an interesting article in my opinion.

It is pretty amazing how many rushing yards we are on pace to give up don't you think?

Makes for an interesting article in my opinion.

I'm personally more interested to read about what the coaching staff is doing to fix the problem that the running game has given them in the past few games, which just the last couple lines of the article was dedicated to, rather than what kind of pace they would have to keep up to set a record. I'm simply not of the opinion that our defense will continue to be as bad against the run as it has been. Weeks 1 and 2, as well as some key run support guys that were out weeks 3-5 getting back into the flow of things (Pos, Whitner, Scott, etc.), point to this 200+ yards a game trend not continuing for as long as some seem to think, IMO.

Guest dog14787
I'm personally more interested to read about what the coaching staff is doing to fix the problem that the running game has given them in the past few games, which just the last couple lines of the article was dedicated to, rather than what kind of pace they would have to keep up to set a record. I'm simply not of the opinion that our defense will continue to be as bad against the run as it has been. Weeks 1 and 2, as well as some key run support guys that were out weeks 3-5 getting back into the flow of things (Pos, Whitner, Scott, etc.), point to this 200+ yards a game trend not continuing for as long as some seem to think, IMO.

I hear where your coming from, but sometimes getting national attention does wonders for finding the solution to a problem in a hurry.

I used to think Tim Graham went out of his way to bring bad publicity to our Buffalo Bills football team. Now I realize Tim Graham is just doing his job, and he does it very well I might add.

Guest dog14787

Would be nice to hear a positive article about T.O. considering its hard to accomplish anything with an offense that's in complete disarray like it is. hint, hint :wallbash:

T.O.'s character through all of this has been a plus for the Buffalo Bills and he's probably a big reason why the team has not fallen apart completely.

Guest dog14787
I would really like to see them set the record.

Interestingly enough, it appears that running the ball well doesn't always equate to scores or victory's.

As been posted before, we are only a couple of plays from being 4-2 and stopping the pass has made it all possible in my opinion.

Maybe there is something to all the DB's DJ likes having around. Even out the playing field by shutting down the premiere QB's you face.