Can we agree it's time to start Losman?

ICE

Bledsoe is done. When they pulled him and put in JP...that was the final nail in the coffin.

JP will get much better with the more snaps he takes. We still have people dissing the kid for last night. He was on the sidelines in SWEATS for Gods sake. He has taken virtually NO Snaps in practice. They told him they were going with Mathews. then BANG! Throw him in there. I'm sorry folks that wasn't right by the coaching staff at all. I would almost bet Wyche is sitting up there going 'WTF???

Look the season is over. All playoff hopes are now officially breasts up Time to build.

I for one want to see JP take all the snaps this week. See him start AT HOME Against St. Louis and go from there. We do this and by the end of the season I see JP giving us some really good vibes for next year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bledsoe is done. When they pulled him and put in JP...that was the final nail in the coffin.

JP will get much better with the more snaps he takes. We still have people dissing the kid for last night. He was on the sidelines in SWEATS for Gods sake. He has taken virtually NO Snaps in practice. They told him they were going with Mathews. then BANG!  Throw him in there.  I'm sorry folks that wasn't right by the coaching staff at all.  I would almost bet Wyche is sitting up there going 'WTF???

Look the season is over. All playoff hopes are now officially breasts up Time to build. 

I for one want to see JP take all the snaps this week. See him start AT HOME Against St. Louis and go from there. We do this and by the end of the season I see JP giving us some really good vibes for next year.

118556[/snapback]

I think an overwhelming majority of this board agrees. Unfortunately, I also saw this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanb...nball&type=lgns

Not sure I saw it in the Buff News so don't know the real origin of this news article. It would help if MM came out today and said so directly thus ending speculation once and for all.

I think an overwhelming majority of this board agrees. Unfortunately, I also saw this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanb...nball&type=lgns

Not sure I saw it in the Buff News so don't know the real origin of this news article. It would help if MM came out today and said so directly thus ending speculation once and for all.

118614[/snapback]

I bet ralph steps in and says enough is enough put the kid in now.

Until the Bills are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs, the coaches should play the guy that gives them the best chance to win, whether it's Losman, Mathews or Bledsoe.

The team is definitely on the ropes right now, but I want to see them land some punches before they go down.

The coaching staff and players still need to prove that they can overcome adversity. Rattling off a two or three game win streak would do wonders to for maturity of the team, which will pay off next year.

It would suck to lose that opportunity do to rookie mistakes.

Unfortunatley, my problem is that, right now, I can't tell you which QB gives the Bills the best opportunity to win.

The Bledsoe experiment is over.

There should NEVER ever be a Shane Matthews era.

There is zero, zilch, nada, any reason to not start JP.

This St. Louis game, at home, is a gift-wrapped intro for the kid. Who cares if they lose? The best possible scenario would be a balls-out shoot-out. Let JP prepare as the STARTING QB, all freaking week. Wow, I'm getting really fired up for this St. Louis game.

I agree. Start Losman. All I heard today on WGR was that Bledsoe can't play on the road. Well, I am sick and tired of a 50% QB. I say he can't play at home anymore either. Bench Bledsoe for the rest of the year and then cut his sorry ass. This season is officially over, take out the garbage and start playing the kids full time to get them a head start and get them ready to play full time next season.

Mathematically eliminated? They are 3-6. That's three games behind four 6-3 teams for a wild card spot with 7 games left. Bills are 2-3 in the division and 2-6 in the conference. To take it even one step further, they are 0-4 on the road and have 4 road games left. They would have to go 7-0 with 4 road wins to even have a chance at a road wild card playoff game. Good freaking Luck. Winnable games possibly look like Cleveland, at Miami and at San Francisco. Let's say they get lucky this week and beat St. Louis. That leaves road wins at Seattle and at Cincinnati and a home win against Pittsburgh. How in hell are they ever going to go 7 for 7? They will be lucky to win 4 of 7 at best. Let's say we live in fantasy land and they do go 7 for 7 and finish 10-6. That means three of the four 6-3 teams would have to go 3-4 in their last 7 games for the Bills to get a playoff spot because they will not win any tiebreakers. Would anyone bet even a dollar on all of that happening? No way.

The coaching staff and players still need to prove that they can overcome adversity.  Rattling off a two or three game win streak would do wonders to for maturity of the team, which will pay off next year.

118670[/snapback]

But, but ... how does proving it help us ? (1) We are NOT a playoff caliber team, (2) DB will not be starting next year

So, even if the current batch on the offense proves they can overcome adversity, that will not help with JP in there next year. It is better to prove it by the end of the season WITH JP so we are launching for next year. Much as coaches like to not admit the season is over, it is better to look at reality and act accordingly. Did naming McGahee a starter prove that MM had given up ?

I bet the line is not as bad as DB makes it look. Yesterday was the first time I saw the Bills play and it is amazing how many times, DB could have just slid or moved somewhat to avoid a pass rush. But he does not and the line gets flak for 'having defenders in his face'. At a minimum, JP will learn to sense pressure, move away and make throws on the run.

Purely from a business standpoint, it will put some interest in an otherwise putrid season and sell some seats.

Ok lets end the 'mathmatical elimination' bull stevestojan. We are DONE. Game over man.....Game over!!!! (god I love that line LOL)

the guy that gives us the best chance to win? Did you folks not see last night? The last 2.5 fuggin years??? Best guy? It isn't bledsoe I know that. so start the guy that NEEDS the reps.

IF MM Said those things about not giving up on the playoffs, fire his ass now. There is NO disgrace in admitting this season is done. Play losman, give your fans, hell give the TEAM Something positive to take into the offseason!

But, but ... how does proving it help us ? (1) We are NOT a playoff caliber team, (2) DB will not be starting next year

So, even if the current batch on the offense proves they can overcome adversity, that will not help with JP in there next year. It is better to prove it by the end of the season WITH JP so we are launching for next year. Much as coaches like to not admit the season is over, it is better to look at reality and act accordingly. Did naming McGahee a starter prove that MM had given up ?

I bet the line is not as bad as DB makes it look. Yesterday was the first time I saw the Bills play and it is amazing how many times, DB could have just slid or moved somewhat to avoid a pass rush. But he does not and the line gets flak for 'having defenders in his face'. At a minimum, JP will learn to sense pressure, move away and make throws on the run.

Purely from a business standpoint, it will put some interest in an otherwise putrid season and sell some seats.

118686[/snapback]

Read what I said. The coaches should play the guys that they believe will give the team the best chance to win. Period. When they're eliminated, then start playing for jobs next year.

If the coaching staff believes they can win the Rams game with Losman at QB, by all means start him.

If they believe that they need to get JP starts so he can start learning the position, hold off a couple of weeks.

I know we all believe the Bills are done this year, but I remember telling my fiance at a playoff game in 1993 that nobody has ever comeback from a 28-3 score in the history of the NFL. And when the backup QB threw an INT-for-a-TD, I said to her, "let's get the hell out of here."

Anything is possible in sports, and the good coaches encourage that belief in their players. Treating the season as practice games when your team is still technically alive is not the way build team character.

So if the Mularkey makes the shift now, it better be because he believes that Losman can win games for the team.

Ok lets end the 'mathmatical elimination' bull stevestojan.  We are DONE. Game over man.....Game over!!!!  (god I love that line LOL)

the guy that gives us the best chance to win?  Did you folks not see last night? The last 2.5 fuggin years???  Best guy? It isn't bledsoe I know that.  so start the guy that NEEDS the reps.

IF MM Said those things about not giving up on the playoffs, fire his ass now.  There is NO disgrace in admitting this season is done. Play losman, give your fans, hell give the TEAM Something positive to take into the offseason!

118717[/snapback]

Exactly...The QB that gives us the best chance to win is winless on the Road this year, and has lost 21 of his last 33 starts...If he's our best chance, this Team is REAL bad...

Furthermore, I'll say this until I'm blue in the face (which may already be the case) but right now there is less pressure on JP than there ever will be. All he has to do right now is go out and try to improve on Bledsoe's performance which has been less than average to say the least...Wait until next Season, and JP will be expected to win from the get-go...Let the Kid play...He's a freaking NFL QB, let him play in NFL Games... B)

I don't know if I agree with "Start JP" as much as "Bench Bledsoe." So who the f*** cares if the kid has to wait a couple of games to start...I just don't want him getting killed before he is mentally or physically ready.

Every fan in the NFL now has Roethlisberger-itis. And rightly so...the kid is a heady player. But Losman is not R-berg. Losman might be better, he might be not as good. But R-berg is just one piece in a bigger picture. That Pitt O-line is one of the most dominant lines I 've seen in recent memory and Bettis is playing possessed.

The tendency for any rookie is wanting to do too much anyway. I feel putting him in there will be detrimental to his development. We have a perfectly serviceable backup, play him until the O-line gels a bit more and can tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

I realize last night's defeat was emotional and embarrassing, but it's time the coaching staff (and us) take a step back and clinically evaluate our strengths and weaknesses and put together a sensible plan going forward.

Starting JP next week will IMHO not be sensible. There just isn't enough justification to do so.

C

I really liked the Bledsoe pick up at first. Now watching him play on the road and sometimes at home I really think it's fair to acess that he's spent. With that being said. What have the Bills not done for this guy? I mean really, Peerless left and he had a crappy year. Every Bledsoe apologist said well he lacks the receiver to spread the field... Bullshiiiit. In New England it was well he lacks a running game... BULLSHIIIT. Well now he has a runnning game and has a speedy wr and whats the verdict... BULLSHIIIT. He needs a better line to perform or he needs more time... BULLSHIIIT. Its all BS guys, what a waste of a season. Whats next he needs Ben Coates back... BULLSHITYYYYY. Was it just me or DID bledsoe have enough time last night.

P.S. Hey Mularkey grow a sack the way Del Rio did with Brunnel and Pull the fuggin plug on Drew. Jacksonville isn't suffering from it, are they?

Ok lets end the 'mathmatical elimination' bull stevestojan.  We are DONE. Game over man.....Game over!!!!  (god I love that line LOL)

the guy that gives us the best chance to win?  Did you folks not see last night? The last 2.5 fuggin years???  Best guy? It isn't bledsoe I know that.  so start the guy that NEEDS the reps.

IF MM Said those things about not giving up on the playoffs, fire his ass now.  There is NO disgrace in admitting this season is done. Play losman, give your fans, hell give the TEAM Something positive to take into the offseason!

118717[/snapback]

If I ever hear a Bills owner, GM, or coach admit the season is over when the team is still technically alive, I'm done with them. Wade Phillips remains on my personal stevestojan list until the end of time for this reason.

I know it's a cliche, but anything is possible in sports. Frank Reich, the Red Sox, The Homerun Throwback, the Marlins from last year are just a few examples of players and teams overcoming the odds to do great things. That what makes sports great.

So let's can the cynical "We are DONE" stevestojan.

All last night we had to listed to how the Pats (and Red Sox) believe in the concept of team. You don't develop that feeling by admitting to your team, "We're DONE" before the season is actually done.

Now if Mularkey believes that the Bills can win with Losman in there, START HIM NEXT WEEK. Same with Matthews.

However, if he believes we'll get more of the same from Losman as last night, hold off a few weeks.

I don't know if I agree with "Start JP" as much as "Bench Bledsoe."  So who the f*** cares if the kid has to wait a couple of games to start...I just don't want him getting killed before he is mentally or physically ready.

Every fan in the NFL now has Roethlisberger-itis.  And rightly so...the kid is a heady player.  But Losman is not R-berg.  Losman might be better, he might be not as good.  But R-berg is just one piece in a bigger picture.  That Pitt O-line is one of the most dominant lines I 've seen in recent memory and Bettis is playing possessed.

The tendency for any rookie is wanting to do too much anyway.  I feel putting him in there will be detrimental to his development.  We have a perfectly serviceable backup, play him until the O-line gels a bit more and can tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

I realize last night's defeat was emotional and embarrassing, but it's time the coaching staff (and us) take a step back and clinically evaluate our strengths and weaknesses and put together a sensible plan going forward.

Starting JP next week will IMHO not be sensible.  There just isn't enough justification to do so.

C

118737[/snapback]

Sure there is cale. look at what Simon wrote. Rothleswhatever sucked ass his first outing. Last night is no indication of where JP is. The coaching staff caught the kid by suprise. Hell even he has admitted he screwed up. I doubt JP will be unprepared again.

I don't know if I agree with "Start JP" as much as "Bench Bledsoe."  So who the f*** cares if the kid has to wait a couple of games to start...I just don't want him getting killed before he is mentally or physically ready.

Every fan in the NFL now has Roethlisberger-itis.  And rightly so...the kid is a heady player.  But Losman is not R-berg.  Losman might be better, he might be not as good.  But R-berg is just one piece in a bigger picture.  That Pitt O-line is one of the most dominant lines I 've seen in recent memory and Bettis is playing possessed.

The tendency for any rookie is wanting to do too much anyway.  I feel putting him in there will be detrimental to his development.  We have a perfectly serviceable backup, play him until the O-line gels a bit more and can tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

Starting JP next week will IMHO not be sensible.  There just isn't enough justification to do so.

C

118737[/snapback]

Granted JP can wait a few weeks, no big deal I guess...

But as far as Big-Ben-its or whatever it is, I think you have to make the assumtion that JP is not as good as Big Ben if you don't insert him now...And there is only one way to find out, and that's by playing JP. The Pittsburgh Coaches have done a tremendous job in getting Big Ben ready, maybe our Staff is not up to that challenge, who knows? But I just cannot stand this idea of protecting JP like he's some sort of fragile China Doll...He's a QB, he's been drafted into the NFL, put the Kid out there and see what kind of ability he has when given all the Reps, Game Plan, etc...Does anyone believe there was a single person in the Pittsburgh Organization who felt Ben would be this good, this early? Of coarse not...Maybe the Bills are in for a pleasant surprise like that, maybe not, but there's only one way to find out...

The Kids not a Ballarina, he's a QB...If playing hurts his development than I question immediately whether or not he's the QB of the future. I know for certain if you ask JP he'll say he wants to play now. That's the type of QB he is, and I think that type of personality needs to get in the Game, take his lumps like a Man, and learn on the Field not off... B)

Granted JP can wait a few weeks, no big deal I guess...

But as far as Big-Ben-its or whatever it is, I think you have to make the assumtion that JP is not as good as Big Ben if you don't insert him now...And there is only one way to find out, and that's by playing JP. The Pittsburgh Coaches have done a tremendous job in getting Big Ben ready, maybe our Staff is not up to that challenge, who knows? But I just cannot stand this idea of protecting JP like he's some sort of fragile China Doll...He's a QB, he's been drafted into the NFL, put the Kid out there and see what kind of ability he has when given all the Reps, Game Plan, etc...Does anyone believe there was a single person in the Pittsburgh Organization who felt Ben would be this good, this early? Of coarse not...Maybe the Bills are in for a pleasant surprise like that, maybe not, but there's only one way to find out...

The Kids not a Ballarina, he's a QB...If playing hurts his development than I question immediately whether or not he's the QB of the future. I know for certain if you ask JP he'll say he wants to play now. That's the type of QB he is, and I think that type of personality needs to get in the Game, take his lumps like a Man, and learn on the Field not off... B)

118789[/snapback]

I agree with you. Playing time has never retarded the development of a good QB. And if Losman does get injured and gives off a RJ vibe, that something you want to know right away.

At the same time though, the coaches are watching him in practice and are grading him out. They should have a pretty good idea on whether he's ready to go or not.

They should have some indication that Losman is ready to play mistake-free football, or if he's going to need to make a bunch of mistakes before he starts to get it (like Elway).