Dick Jauron's 13-3 season in Chicago....

Lv-Bills

In the only year DJ had a winning record, obviously we all know he guided the bears to a 13-3 season. During that same year, the Bears played 7 teams (including the home playoff loss) with winning records. He went 3-4 including the first round home playoff loss.

Two of those three wins were against 9-7 Tampa.

I'm just saying. I'm not even sure why I felt compelled to look that up, but he may be responsible for the least spectacular 13-3 season of all time. LOL.

I'm just sayin. Ole Dickie Boy.

In the only year DJ had a winning record, obviously we all know he guided the bears to a 13-3 season. During that same year, the Bears played 7 teams (including the home playoff loss) with winning records. He went 3-4 including the first round home playoff loss.

Two of those three wins were against 9-7 Tampa.

I'm just saying. I'm not even sure why I felt compelled to look that up, but he may be responsible for the least spectacular 13-3 season of all time. LOL.

I'm just sayin. Ole Dickie Boy.

If you really wanted to, you could probably do this for a lot of really good seasons. Schedule, luck, and avoiding injuries are part of any team being really successful.

If you really wanted to, you could probably do this for a lot of really good seasons. Schedule, luck, and avoiding injuries are part of any team being really successful.

Right, but what makes this different is that Jauron has a terrible overall coaching record with this as his only good year. And he went 3-4 that year vs. teams that had a clue. And what it really means, is that he has been getting his assz beat by good teams all his career. This isn't an oddity, it's a fact after 10 years of getting beat.

Other good coaches on the other hand.....

How's this:

Dick Jauron has the third worst career winning percentage for a HC who has more than 135 games coached. And no coach since 1980 has a worse winning percentage.

I'll do the math here: 135 games is the equivalent of 8 and a half seasons. How can it be possible to be this bad for this long?

How's this:

Dick Jauron has the third worst career winning percentage for a HC who has more than 135 games coached. And no coach since 1980 has a worse winning percentage.

I'll do the math here: 135 games is the equivalent of 8 and a half seasons. How can it be possible to be this bad for this long?

Again, Belichick was slightly worse than Jauron was for his first 6 seasons. It's amazing how you improve as coach when you get a hall of famer. And Jeff Fisher, considered one of the best coaches in the NFL, is on pace for his 10 non-winning season in 16 years.

I really don't feel like getting into this. I said before the season if Jauron failed with Edwards, because TE was actually his guy, he deserved to go. I still think this is more on Edwards' shoulders but Jauron is ultimately responsible.

I might have missed one game here or there, but this is as damning a "Dick-stat" as you'll find:

Record vs. teams that finished the season with

10 wins: 4-9

11 wins: 1-13

12+: wins: 0-17

I don't want to play devil's advocate too much, because in this case we're essentially referring to the devil... :w00t:

BUT... I guarantee that no coach has a winning record against teams with 11+ wins. Think about it. After that, I implore you to look up a more meaningful stat...

compare his victories between teams that finished 4-7 wins, vs. 8-11 wins. That will net you a real undeniable discrepancy.

exellent point. Adam Schefter made a terrific point about the Bills and Seahawks in that teams that get hurt the most frequent and suffer injuries tend to have the worst records. not rocket science. that said, teams with the healthiest, all be it, less talented ones do the best. just see Denver, though mcdaniels probably has a lot to do too.

A highly overlooked thing with the bills is that we lost our trainer a few years back to the Bears the year they went to the superbowl. It was the guy before Bud Carpenter and Rusty jones I think. does anyone remember who?

i think its imperative we get a trainer in here with a good track record to help keep some of thees guys healthy. even if that means "supplements." hey at least we know they are trying then! ok kidding on the last part...

I don't want to play devil's advocate too much, because in this case we're essentially referring to the devil... :w00t:

BUT... I guarantee that no coach has a winning record against teams with 11+ wins. Think about it. After that, I implore you to look up a more meaningful stat...

compare his victories between teams that finished 4-7 wins, vs. 8-11 wins. That will net you a real undeniable discrepancy.

I just skimmed through Marv's record. If I added right, he was 0-4 with the Chiefs and 11-12 with the Bills. Based on that, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some coaches had winning records.

Again, Belichick was slightly worse than Jauron was for his first 6 seasons. It's amazing how you improve as coach when you get a hall of famer. And Jeff Fisher, considered one of the best coaches in the NFL, is on pace for his 10 non-winning season in 16 years.

I really don't feel like getting into this. I said before the season if Jauron failed with Edwards, because TE was actually his guy, he deserved to go. I still think this is more on Edwards' shoulders but Jauron is ultimately responsible.

You've gotta be kidding me. Do you even watch Jauron's inexcusable errors, inability to learn from his past mistakes, clock management issues, burning of timeouts, etc.

The fact that Belicheck won 11 games last year with a high school starting QB, already puts Jauron to shame vs. anything Dickie Boy has ever done.

Dickie Boy's record just confirms every failure that shows in how Jauron coaches on gamedays. DJ is one of football's worst head coaches ever while coaching for multiple organizations.

OK, even if what you say is true......great. But Jauron has ONE victory. ONE. He's 1-13. He's not 8-11, or 6-7 or even 4-10. He's ONE and 13. One.

Addition - he's actually 1-30. Are you fuggin kidding me? 1-30, considering if those numbers are indeed true.

exellent point. Adam Schefter made a terrific point about the Bills and Seahawks in that teams that get hurt the most frequent and suffer injuries tend to have the worst records. not rocket science. that said, teams with the healthiest, all be it, less talented ones do the best. just see Denver, though mcdaniels probably has a lot to do too.

A highly overlooked thing with the bills is that we lost our trainer a few years back to the Bears the year they went to the superbowl. It was the guy before Bud Carpenter and Rusty jones I think. does anyone remember who?

i think its imperative we get a trainer in here with a good track record to help keep some of thees guys healthy. even if that means "supplements." hey at least we know they are trying then! ok kidding on the last part...

Bud Carpenter was and still is the Bills trainer.

Rusty Jones left to go to the Bears about 4 years ago:

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=18

The person who replaced him certainly appears to have been groomed to replace Jones:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/j...c1-c310b8c79991

He started out as an assistant for a college program, did that for 2 years, then got promoted to the lead role for 4 years. (all sports) Then he got hired by the Bills and worked under Jones for 4 years before Jones left. He even went to the same college as Jones.

So what's the excuse with the Raiders and Lions? Not the Lions of this year, but of recent years? How about Miami, what's their excuse before last year's season?

The Browns? Do they suck because of injuries? Redskins? 49ers before this year?

Come on Shefter................Tom Brady went down last year, and the Pats went 11-5. Many more examples of teams surviving injuries than what is true about what he said.

You've gotta be kidding me. Do you even watch Jauron's inexcusable errors, inability to learn from his past mistakes, clock management issues, burning of timeouts, etc.

The fact that Belicheck won 11 games last year with a high school starting QB, already puts Jauron to shame vs. anything Dickie Boy has ever done.

Dickie Boy's record just confirms every failure that shows in how Jauron coaches on gamedays. DJ is one of football's worst head coaches ever while coaching for multiple organizations.

The Cassel situation is completely different. It was team that just went 16-0 and had one of the top receviers of all time. There was only one player different. It wasn't rocket science.

And the fact remains if Belicihck didn't luck into Brady, he won't have even made it to last year. And he failed with Kosar, Testaverde, and Bledsoe. A little different than Losman, Edwards, McNown, Miller, and Matthews no?

Again, I think Jauron should be gone but still IMO, good qbing trumps good coaching with a few exceptions (Shanahan for one).

The Cassel situation is completely different. It was team that just went 16-0 and had one of the top receviers of all time. There was only one player different. It wasn't rocket science.

And the fact remains if Belicihck didn't luck into Brady, he won't have even made it to last year. And he failed with Kosar, Testaverde, and Bledsoe. A little different than Losman, Edwards, McNown, Miller, and Matthews no?

Again, I think Jauron should be gone but still IMO, good qbing trumps good coaching with a few exceptions (Shanahan for one).

I love how you can just say that you can discount last year. Cassell didnt start a game since high school and he slowly improved enough to take the Pats to an 11-5 record. Most likely were the second best team in the AFC at the end of the year.

You can't just discount them playing so well with a high school QB, while your whole argument is based around QB's. Belicheck didn't fail with Bledsoe. Bledsoe even helped Brady get the Superbowl with the drive vs. Pittsburgh when Brady went out.

By your logic, how in the world did Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, or even Jeff Hostetler win a Super Bowl for that matter? You can just watch how someone like BB strategizes differently than someone like Jauron on gamedays.

I got this quote off of Dick's biography on buffalobills.com:

"The 2001 Bears were known for their clutch play as they accumulated five second half come-from-behind victories and an 8-0 record in games decided by seven points or less."

This is Dick Ball the one year it actually worked, thus proving the blind squirrel theory. It's a flawed philosophy to think you can consistently win games by keeping it close and winning it at the end. Unless you got Roger Staubach on your team, it's gonna be dang near impossible to pull off consistently for any length of time.

Stats aside, "Dick" has thrown up the white flag and had the team punt the ball in crucial 4th down situations too many times for my taste.

No guts, no glory.

I said before the season if Jauron failed with Edwards, because TE was actually his guy, he deserved to go. I still think this is more on Edwards' shoulders but Jauron is ultimately responsible.

Jauron obviously had a say in free agent signings and the drafts, which were disasters as well.

Have you noticed that when a defensive back gets hurt they simply toss another one in and there is little to no difference? Well, Kyle Williams might be hurt and we are right back to the scrapheap of practice squads, etc. Bell (a nightmare at least at this point) gets hurt and we get Jonathan Scott from the same trash bin.

Jauron/Levy built a tiny little team full of defensive backs and gadget players to play NFL football in Orchard Park, NY. This wouldn't have worked because it could not, even if Jauron wasn't so bad on the sidelines, which he is. Painfully bad.