2010 Draft

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the college football I've watched this season the only QB that impresses me is ND's QB Clausen. Laat year I was actually unimpressed with him, but this year he's caught my eye. Watched him make a lot of plays vs. Michigan and vs. USC. Keeps his eyes downfield, strong arm, decent accuracy, good pocket presence and runs what the experts call a pro style offense. Meaning he actually takes a good number of snaps from under center unlike Bradford. Even though Clausen is yet another Cali kid he seems pretty durable too.

Not sure if he will declare in this years' draft, but if he does I think he's the #1 QB given Bradford's inability to stay healthy. For the Bills to have a shot at Clausen they'd realistically need to finish with 3 wins or less and at this point I see the Bills being in the 5 to 6 win range, so we probably won't have a shot at him.

On a side note, other than Clausen, there is no QB I'd want the Bills to touch in the first 2 rounds (outside of Bradford, who Iim not that high on.) Weak QB class this year, IMO.

I'm all for an OL or DT if we can't get Clausen, preferrably a DT. We really need to get stronger up front. Brandon Spikes (Florida) would also be a nice LB for the Bills.

One things for sure, I would not draft for our secondary. Our secondary is deep and decent especailly when everyone is healthy. No to Cb's and S's in the 1st and 2nd round!

Agree that the only QB I would want the Bills to draft is Clausen. Bradford doesn't come out this year. Next year you could see Ryan Mallet come out, and I think he is going to be a great QB. Prototypical size at 6'7" and he has a rifle of an arm and shows good awareness in the pocket, with the ability to throw the ball on the run. I believe he is a red shirt sophomore.

Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan

I hope you'll watch LeFevour this year; he'd be my choice right now (because I wouldn't commit to a 1st Round QB for so many reasons). I don't think he'll be a 4th rounder come next April.

I saw him play Live here at UB. Horrible conditions and i thought he still played well...wouldnt mind seeing him in a Bills uni

Ha! This might be the best QB class to come out of college in a long time. Just because ESPN, Fox Sports, etc have analyzed these guys to death, it doesn't mean these guys won't be good.

I would take Tebow, Bradford, Clausen, Locker, or McCoy any day. This is the pick the Bills need to make. We can sign some free agents and make trades in the offseason to bring in d-line and o-line talent.

I'll take Pike over all those guys, bad forearm and all. Plays in the cold, big arm, athletic, no WRs and makes plays. Pike will be available in the 2nd and 3rd. He's a lot like Flacco or Schaub but more athletic and more raw than Flacco, but just as high of an upside.

No that is the LB McClain (sp?). Cody is on the field for like 60% of the plays. I watched the VA Tech game to see him and he was like never in the game in the 4th. He lacks stamina, is too fat for his own good and is a 2 down player. I like him but untill he cuts off some fat I don't want him on our 4-3 team.

I'm a huge Bama fan and will be the first to tell you that Cody would not be nearly as effective in a 43 compared to a 34. He plays 1st and 2nd downs and short yardage situations only. Saban told him he must be below 350 if he wants to rush on passing downs and the lowest he's gotten is 354. I will add that this guy is a stud because of his athleticism. The guy can seriously do a 360 dunk on a normal hoop. While that may not mean much when taking on 2-3 blockers, it shows what he's capable of.

As far as Rolando McClain is concerned, Saban has said that he is the smartest player he has ever coached, which speaks volumes. If you want a comparison, picture Demeco Ryans of the Texans at 6'4" 260lbs and that's McClain.

Ha! This might be the best QB class to come out of college in a long time. Just because ESPN, Fox Sports, etc have analyzed these guys to death, it doesn't mean these guys won't be good.

I would take Tebow, Bradford, Clausen, Locker, or McCoy any day. This is the pick the Bills need to make. We can sign some free agents and make trades in the offseason to bring in d-line and o-line talent.

I agree The Bills need to look long and hard at the QB Position in the 2010 Draft...But I'm not so sure about any of these QB's...Don't get me wrong, any of these Kids could be good NFL QB's in time, but none of them stands out to me as a sure-fire Prospect...They all have some flaws and I'm not sure there is a Top 10 Pick among them...I like Locker best right now, but can he run an NFL Offense? Same with Tebow...Can He run an NFL Offense? Is his arm good enough? What about that wind-up? Tebow is one of the greatest leaders at the QB Position in the History of College Football, but how the heck does he fit in any NFL Offense? McCoy looks awesome at times and at other times he's JAG...Bradford? Does anyone think he'll stand up to an NFL pounding? Clausen has been impressive but I'm not so sure he's coming out...On top of it all, The Bills likely will not get the 1st or even the 2nd QB chosen in 2010...They've already won 2 Games while St. Louis and Tennessee are winless along with Cleveland having only one win...Washington is falling apart too...All those Teams need QB's...Where will that leave the Bills? Probably looking QB in the 2nd Round? Who knows?

Just a few years back Eli, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers and Matt Schaub were all Drafted...I doubt the 2010 Draft will be "the best QB class to come out of college in a long time."

Just saying... :w00t:

I'll take Pike over all those guys, bad forearm and all. Plays in the cold, big arm, athletic, no WRs and makes plays. Pike will be available in the 2nd and 3rd. He's a lot like Flacco or Schaub but more athletic and more raw than Flacco, but just as high of an upside.

I don't know if you've seen Tony Pike play this year, but after watching him play against USF last Thursday, I came away not too impressed with him. He is a very poor mans Joe Flacco. His arm strength was mediocre at best. He was accurate on a few throws, but he only played a half after injuring his left arm again, which already has a plate inserted into it.

You also say he doesn't have any WRs. He has one of the best WRs in Division I in Marshwan Gillyard, who is a JR and could potentially be a top 50 draft pick if he decides to declare.

But what prospects would you like to see the Bills draft?

Tony Pike out of Cincinatti - a cold weather quarterback that can throw on the run (which he'll have to do a lot in Buffalo), hit receivers in stride, and also throw touch passes. I'd like to see him bulk up to 235lb (currently 225lb). Oh, and he knows how to win!

Love to see Jimmie Clausen drop in their laps...of course many stars would have to seriously align for that to happen (not the least of which is Clausen deciding to come out early--and no doubt he'll be looking at potential teams he might get drafted by---)

Terrence "Mount" Cody instant run defense problem solved.

Cody is a decent option if we go 3-4, but as a 4-3 DT he is no where near as good as Suh or McCoy. I just dont see the Bills drafting Cody top ten as a 2 down DT when there is likely to be at least one other 3 down, better 4-3 DT availible.

Either way the best defense is a good offense, and if our offense had an offensive line, they may be on the field more. Okung, Suh, McCoy, or a DE like Dunlop or Griffen.

He kind of reminds me of Ben R. a little--strikes me as a playmaker.

And he's less of a risk than taking guys like Bradford and McCoy in the top-10.

But what prospects would you like to see the Bills draft?

Personally, I'd be thrilled to see Buffalo draft a tackle (Russell Okung, Bryan Bulaga, Trent Williams, Charles Brown or Bruce Campbell) It seems to me that is our biggest problem area on the team. If we end up selecting somewhere in the top 5 though, maybe it would be wise to consider a QB.

I'm a huge Bama fan and will be the first to tell you that Cody would not be nearly as effective in a 43 compared to a 34. He plays 1st and 2nd downs and short yardage situations only. Saban told him he must be below 350 if he wants to rush on passing downs and the lowest he's gotten is 354. I will add that this guy is a stud because of his athleticism. The guy can seriously do a 360 dunk on a normal hoop. While that may not mean much when taking on 2-3 blockers, it shows what he's capable of.

As far as Rolando McClain is concerned, Saban has said that he is the smartest player he has ever coached, which speaks volumes. If you want a comparison, picture Demeco Ryans of the Texans at 6'4" 260lbs and that's McClain.

See told you Sieve.

When I watch Bama McClain stands out as just a stud. I remember one play he read the screen super fast came in and blew up the WR. I'd love to draft the kid.