Buffalo's soon to be new head coach

finish the season out. It has been possibly revealed unto me the other day that this could possibly be Buffalo's new head coach at seasons end. At this time I will not reveal my source in case I have it wrong. So, please do not ask.

Darrell Bevell Offensive Coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings.

As new blood has sometimes to be placed in places, this is the fresh young face Buffalo needs to begin to secure the future.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/darrel...e6-956773a7b83e

If the link does not work, please copy and paste and I apologize if so.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

finish the season out. It has been possibly revealed unto me the other day that this could possibly be Buffalo's new head coach at seasons end. At this time I will not reveal my source in case I have it wrong. So, please do not ask.

As new blood has sometimes to be placed in places, this is the fresh young face Buffalo needs to begin to secure the future.

the bills will probalty sign jim zorn after he gets fired by washington because that the kind of coach the that the front office like ,dirt cheap.

The price should be right...

We need a proven HEAD coach.

Yes that would be nice. May I ask you this though: were Marv Levy, Tom Landry, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, guys of this nature already proven when they were hired? Buffalo's biggest problem right now in an offense with no identity. Defense is pretty good right now if we had the injured players able to suit up. Offensive players will never get better without proper direction. Because you always have to score to win, this is the direction Buffalo needs to go.

The guy we want - even if it means hiring him as our OC and waiting for Jauron to step aside, is...

Published: Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Daily Toreador

LINCOLN, Neb. — Since coach Mike Leach’s arrival nine years ago, Texas Tech’s identity has been synonymous with one word: offense.

That may change soon enough, with the new word being balance. It was the Red Raider defense that stole the show and bailed out Leach’s air-raid offense, racking up five sacks, a fumble returned for a touchdown and two turnovers in a 31-10 upset victory against then-No. 15 Nebraska Saturday at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Neb.

“I thought whichever team our defense played for was gonna win the game,” Leach said. “We have black shirts here at Texas Tech too. Every one of our guys is wearing a black shirt underneath their pads there. I’m proud to say the blackshirts won this one.”

Link - Tech’s defense steps up in win over Nebraska; Red Raiders jump to No. 21

Perhaps the next Sean Payton is out there waiting. Just because you get burned a couple times, it doesn't mean you disregard talent. The biggest problem with Williams was a gutted roster after he took the job, and you can thank old TD for that. Not saying I'm a big GW fan but the guy really didn't have much to work with. Even Mularkey had his moments his first year then fell victim to the QB controversy. There are co-ordinators out there that may be capable of the HC position. I'm not such a big fan of the HC retreads out there. Maybe the next Mc Daniels is waiting to sign on the dotted line.

No interest here.

So Minnesota's offense is doing well with a Hall of Fame QB and the best RB in football?

The guy we want - even if it means hiring him as our OC and waiting for Jauron to step aside, is...

The Daily Toreador

LINCOLN, Neb. — Since coach Mike Leach’s arrival nine years ago, Texas Tech’s identity has been synonymous with one word: offense.

That may change soon enough, with the new word being balance. It was the Red Raider defense that stole the show and bailed out Leach’s air-raid offense, racking up five sacks, a fumble returned for a touchdown and two turnovers in a 31-10 upset victory against then-No. 15 Nebraska Saturday at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Neb.

“I thought whichever team our defense played for was gonna win the game,” Leach said. “We have black shirts here at Texas Tech too. Every one of our guys is wearing a black shirt underneath their pads there. I’m proud to say the blackshirts won this one.”

Why would Mike Leach want to leave Texas Tech for Buffalo? Not a real forward move career wise IMO.

The Daily Toreador

Who's the last college coach to have any success going straight into an NFL head coaching position?

the bills will probalty sign jim zorn after he gets fired by washington because that the kind of coach the that the front office like ,dirt cheap.

I think they may go after Fisher if he tanks the rest of the season and gets the heave-ho.

Yes that would be nice. May I ask you this though: were Marv Levy, Tom Landry, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, guys of this nature already proven when they were hired? Buffalo's biggest problem right now in an offense with no identity. Defense is pretty good right now if we had the injured players able to suit up. Offensive players will never get better without proper direction. Because you always have to score to win, this is the direction Buffalo needs to go.

I see your point. Every successful HC at one time was guy who hasn't gotten his chance yet.

Actually Marv had been a HC at Kansas City and the CFL and had enjoyed success including at least one Grey Cup championship.

However, I think the situation is a little different now for a several reasons. One, we've had zero success hiring no name co ordinators who haven't' been HCs before. Two, there's at least 10 guys who aren't employed as HCs now that have taken teams to Super Bowls. Three, we need a quick turnaround with a high chance of success after years of futility. An experienced HC who knows what it takes to get the big game is in order IMHO.

Barry Switzer - won a Superbowl, I think.

The Cowboys probably won in spite of him. He ran a very easy camp and in season practices (sort of like DJ). This was a source of serious confrontation with T. Aikman, a true professional and a perfectionist, who couldn't stand him. Most other players thought he was a bit of a joke too, though again (sort of like DJ) people liked him personally.

I'm with the Senator on Jim Leach, but I fear he doesn't have the resume to take over football operations, so the Bills may be tempted to keep their same loser front office. That is, if Ralph Wilson decides to make any change at all.