Bills Beat reporters...Ya I'm calling you out

NY Nole

thanks.

why did I ask the question about how significant this win was at a time the team is crisis? because that's the story i'm writing today. in an objective world, the Bills win to some degree blunts some of the criticism that's been heaped on coach and this team.

they won a game they weren't supposed to. did it with a injury-depleted defense and with no one believing they had a shot. there's something to taht.

there are times to be negative and there are times to hold back. the bills won, and ugly as it was, they won. the better questions after that game should be directed toward Rex Ryan and the Jets for forgetting they had a running attack.

this was not a day to be critical.

j (guess i suck) w

See, you miss the entire point. How could you possibly follow the Bills in any shape or form, visit this forum regularly, and not realize that EVERY day is a good day to be critical of the Bills. I'm flabergasted! The Bills never do anything right, never achieve anything positive, and deserve nothing but ridicule and criticism.

It seems half the people here are most upset about the game because we won and now they're afraid Jauron might get some good press out of it. God forbid, Jauron turn things around and we have a winning record and make the playoffs!!! That would mean he stays another year and we'll never make the palyoffs! (Of course that won't happen, but that's the concern.)

So, please just bash the Bills and, of course, Ralph regardless of what happens on the field. I mean afterall it just makes you feel so good to always concentrate on the negative. Doesn't it?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flabbergasted has a double 'b', and after all is not one word, you illiterate moron.

Was that you selling deep fried twinkies in Little Italy on Saturday? :wallbash:

To illustrate

My last remark -

Jonah and the Whale

Noah and the Ark.

What did they do,

just when everything looked so dark?

Man, they said we better:

Accent-chewate the positive.

Elim-inate the negative and

Latch on to the affirmative,

Don't mess with Mr. In Between

Sleep deprivation is a wonderful thing!

Please accept this with the same smile in which it was was offered, Dan.

Seriously, if you want to hear stoopid sports talk, watch the Yankees on Fox. They will be talking about the ties they chose to wear that night while someone is scoring an in the park home run.

To be fair to players and coaches (and journalists too, jw), after a LONG road game with dozens of people with microphones wanting to speak with you, it must be hard to answer any question thoughtfully. :unsure:

See, you miss the entire point. How could you possibly follow the Bills in any shape or form, visit this forum regularly, and not realize that EVERY day is a good day to be critical of the Bills. I'm flabergasted! The Bills never do anything right, never achieve anything positive, and deserve nothing but ridicule and criticism.

It seems half the people here are most upset about the game because we won and now they're afraid Jauron might get some good press out of it. God forbid, Jauron turn things around and we have a winning record and make the playoffs!!! That would mean he stays another year and we'll never make the palyoffs! (Of course that won't happen, but that's the concern.)

So, please just bash the Bills and, of course, Ralph regardless of what happens on the field. I mean afterall it just makes you feel so good to always concentrate on the negative. Doesn't it?

Flabbergasted has a double 'b', and after all is not one word, you illiterate moron.

Was that you selling deep fried twinkies in Little Italy on Saturday? :wallbash:

To illustrate

My last remark -

Jonah and the Whale

Noah and the Ark.

What did they do,

Seriously, if you want to hear stoopid sports talk, watch the Yankees on Fox. They will be talking about the ties they chose to wear that night while someone is scoring an in the park home run.

To be fair to players and coaches (and journalists too, jw), after a LONG road game with dozens of people with microphones wanting to speak with you, it must be hard to answer any question thoughtfully. :unsure:

I did. :wallbash: Hopefully, JW accepts my post with the smile in which I was writing it as well.

And BTW, I'd eat my self out of business had I been selling fried twinkies. So, no, that wasn't me.

Dan:

the sarcasm expressed in your post is palpable and bordering on the obvious. it particularly lacks those precious emoticon happy/flirty/pirate/thumbs-up faces that provide the lazy among us to show that we're merely kidding, rather than expressing that sentiment through words and tone. you should be ashamed because your nuanced display makes a mockery of much of the serious debate that goes on here, which rarely goes beyond the "yeah?" "oh yeah?" stages, before lumbering into a regular dose of name-calling.

you idiot. do you realize now what you've done by attempting to elevate this thread into some kind of literary debate on sarcasm and irony? god forbid you come up with some kneejerk response or something pithy as in reference to a hitler video on T.O.

you sir, are an obvious fart-sniffer attempting to seduce me with these uncalled for compliments. i will not stand for that. and i'd note that you had misspelled flabbergasted, but it's already been pointed out, so why waste my time on that.

jw

:wallbash:;):wallbash::unsure:

To illustrate

My last remark -

Jonah and the Whale

Noah and the Ark.

What did they do,

Hopefully, JW Dan accepts my post with the smile in which I was writing it as well.

jw

Not to interrupt the (good-natured) snarkfest, my friend, but I'm thinking jw asked this question today at OBD. NYC AP guy (Waszak) would've covered the game.

Going back to the original post in this thread, I'll point out something that Mr. Wawrow didn't: by the time you dissect every remotely questionable playcall, the press conference is 30 minutes long -- or it most likely isn't, because Scott Berchtold would have told them "last question" about 20 minutes before that (if not sooner).

Dan:

the sarcasm expressed in your post is palpable and bordering on the obvious. it particularly lacks those precious emoticon happy/flirty/pirate/thumbs-up faces that provide the lazy among us to show that we're merely kidding, rather than expressing that sentiment through words and tone. you should be ashamed because your nuanced display makes a mockery of much of the serious debate that goes on here, which rarely goes beyond the "yeah?" "oh yeah?" stages, before lumbering into a regular dose of name-calling.

you idiot. do you realize now what you've done by attempting to elevate this thread into some kind of literary debate on sarcasm and irony? god forbid you come up with some kneejerk response or something pithy as in reference to a hitler video on T.O.

you sir, are an obvious fart-sniffer attempting to seduce me with these uncalled for compliments. i will not stand for that. and i'd note that you had misspelled flabbergasted, but it's already been pointed out, so why waste my time on that.

jw

;);):wallbash::unsure:

Well, I can only say that you would certainly be a fart-sniffer too, if you were sitting in the same room as me. So, sounds like we have some fart envy going on here. I can accept that.

I was going to post a sneaky link to a certain peter pan look alike ferry in a vain attempt to support my spelling of flabergast (spelled incorrectly on purpose this time); however, I thought it best to take the higher ground. Because, I'm high like that.. plus I would have had to google that guy and he just creeps me out.

Needless to say, my original point, whatever that was, remains. And I'm appaled bythe lack of recognition that point is receiving.

:wallbash:(obligatory smiley.. feel better?)

thanks.

why did I ask the question about how significant this win was at a time the team is crisis? because that's the story i'm writing today. in an objective world, the Bills win to some degree blunts some of the criticism that's been heaped on coach and this team.

they won a game they weren't supposed to. did it with a injury-depleted defense and with no one believing they had a shot. there's something to taht.

there are times to be negative and there are times to hold back. the bills won, and ugly as it was, they won. the better questions after that game should be directed toward Rex Ryan and the Jets for forgetting they had a running attack.

j (guess i suck) w

That's a very interesting statement from a member of the free press.

More something I would expect from your colleague, "lead journalist" Chris Brown.

don't think he/she realized i was the one who asked one of the sucky questions. without speaking for TG, wanted to address why i suck so much.

jw

and speaking of sucking, always wondered why some upstart vacuum cleaner manufacturer never came out with an ad campaign about how much their product truly sucks, i mean really and absolutely sucks. think that might be a winner.

JW, Your sucking commericial will never come to fruition. The FCC is a sentinel for clean speak. If you dare cross the threshold of modesty and good taste you will be severly fined. :unsure:

Well, I can only say that you would certainly be a fart-sniffer too, if you were sitting in the same room as me. So, sounds like we have some fart envy going on here. I can accept that.

I was going to post a sneaky link to a certain peter pan look alike ferry in a vain attempt to support my spelling of flabergast (spelled incorrectly on purpose this time); however, I thought it best to take the higher ground. Because, I'm high like that.. plus I would have had to google that guy and he just creeps me out.

Needless to say, my original point, whatever that was, remains. And I'm appaled bythe lack of recognition that point is receiving.

:unsure:(obligatory smiley.. feel better?)

Dan:

i was kidding. my sincerest apologies.

jw

ADD: damn. you got me. ... what's the emoticon for Homer shakes fist ... well, i'm doing it now. :wallbash:

That's a very interesting statement from a member of the free press.

More something I would expect from your colleague, "lead journalist" Chris Brown.

and then there are always times to be negative, right Mr. Antifan?

jw

ADD: Bills blunt criticism and then read my piece to see whether i was fair ... need i spell that out again, fair ... or not?

I agree with JW here! A win is a win is a win. Wow, why so harsh against this guy? Doesn't he get

to give his opinion without being told he sucks? I'm not forgeting the Bills problems, but a win in the

division on the road against a team the Bills haven't beat in a while is a good win. The kept fighting

in OT and won it, that's been a long time coming! The Panthers suck, but I will be very happy if and

when the Bills go down to Charlotte and beat them!!!

Go Bills

Gino

thanks.

j (guess i suck) w

Ok - did not know it was JW that asked the question referenced (although there were plenty others to choose from). First, thanks to John for replying -- classy as usual.

However, my rant is not intended for the writers (JW included) to feel that they have to be "negative" or launch an assault on a coach -- especially after a win. My point is that these press conferences are the only opportunity that fans have to see the coach's perspective following a game. There are lots of questions that we (at least I do) have after investing 3-4 hours watching the game on a Sunday. I realize it is not possible to answer every tactical question, nor would he respond to certain ones, but I'd at least like to hear some answers about key play calls or insights about what was developing on the field that the average fan wouldn't know about -- it might even help "blunt some of the criticism that's been heaped on the coach" if we knew why certain things weren't tried or didn't work (like why we only target TO and Lee 5-7 times a game instead of 10-20).

As for "fluff pieces" or other stories that focus on different side of the game (ie how coaches handle the pressure of being fired, etc) there is certainly a time and place for that too. I don't know how the NFL handles media access, but I know there are conference calls and PR staff that is charged with getting information -- seems to me quotes of this nature could be readily obtained. (Hell, I read Peter King sends text messages to coaches and players asking for quotes all the time).

In lieu of DJ taking fan phone calls (which he'd never do), the beat reporters are the only option fans have to grasp the nuances of the game. I'm not asking you to ask questions in a negative tone or be overly critical (WRG and Buffalo News does a good enough job at that on their own) I'm just hoping for a better idea of how the game was decided on Sunday. You can ask DJ about his favorite color Tuesday through Saturday.

well, that's a more sober explanation following your initial throwdown.

as Lori explained in an earlier post, time is extremely precious and thin on mondays following the game because there are so many items on the checklist to ask coach. and the Bills usually provide between 6-8 minutes of access time. that leaves room for between say 10-12 questions, and several of those generally deal with injuries. there also generally a few questions from the writers who are working on features to move on Tuesday.

as it's structured there is little time to go over the nuances of the game, which leads us to take a more big-picture approach.

and given the general negativity of questions that have been directed at coach for the past three weeks, well, there wasn't a real need or time to go there after a win. my opinion.

jw