For Aaron Maybin to be considered Successful

saundena

Do you think 10-12 Tackles, 2 sacks and 2 momentum shifting plays (FF, FR 4th down stop etc) is too much to expect for a 1st round project? It's still early in the season, but I think he can finish strong.

I think the Bills need to use him as a LB and every now and then a extra attacker at the line. Do not place him on the line yet, not strong enough or ready yet to handle that.

Do you think 10-12 Tackles, 2 sacks and 2 momentum shifting plays (FF, FR 4th down stop etc) is too much to expect for a 1st round project? It's still early in the season, but I think he can finish strong.

For Maybin to be considered successful, his coach, P-Fool, has to first let him play more then 5 snaps a freakin' game! :lol::P

I love Buffalo Bills coaches these past 10 long years. They scheme and they package and they game plan as if they have the most talented football players in the NFL at their disposal. Read the "thumbs-up" head coach Dick gave P-Fool's MLBer Poz: "He made the right calls and had the players in the right positions." For what? Did Dick watch the Jets blow out Poz's players lining up in the correct positions based on the correct calls for over 300 hundred yards rushing yesterday, or is he really a walking corpse? Why can't Buffalo coaches admit when they suck. I would rather hear Dick or P-Fool say something along the lines of: "We were very lucky Sanchez decided to throw so many bad passes today. Or run defense was horrible, and we better get that fixed this week." Oh no, instead Poz gets commended for calling the plays and reading the offense well enough to hold the Jets under 400 yards rushing. Great job coming back after your annual injury, Poz. Nice tackles 13 yards downfield after over-persuing the wrong way and needing to sprint full speed to catch up to the running back. Hey, at least he calls a good game, right?? :lol:

Which brings me back to Maybin. P-Fool is so delusional and full of his "system", he has decided Maybin, with all of that speed and raw talent, would actually be worse then Kelsay and Denny most of the games. Hillarious. :lol:

I'm hoping that he does not line up offsides any more. I can accept jumping the snap, but lining up that far offsides and still getting stonewalled? :lol:

That was nothing more then a rookie mistake. And you have to expect some rookie mistakes, when the rookie is only allowed to play around 5-10 snaps per entire football game! :P

That was nothing more then a rookie mistake. And you have to expect some rookie mistakes, when the rookie is only allowed to play around 5-10 snaps per entire football game! :P

Really? Do you have to get to your second year as an NFL player before you fingure out where the line of scrimmage is? He can't be expected to have picked that up at the other levels of play?

Really? Do you have to get to your second year as an NFL player before you fingure out where the line of scrimmage is? He can't be expected to have picked that up at the other levels of play?

My god, it was one play.

And for Maybin to be successful, he needs to not listen to some idiots here who are saying he is a bust. He just needs to show up and work to get better everyday. Based on everything I've heard from him, this will not be a problem.

My god, it was one play.

And for Maybin to be successful, he needs to not listen to some idiots here who are saying he is a bust. He just needs to show up and work to get better everyday. Based on everything I've heard from him, this will not be a problem.

That's gold Jerry, gold!

I hope he's successful because of what the Bills gave up for him but come on. Let's see a little something on the field eh?

For Maybin to be considered successful, his coach, P-Fool, has to first let him play more then 5 snaps a freakin' game! :lol::P

Which brings me back to Maybin. P-Fool is so delusional and full of his "system", he has decided Maybin, with all of that speed and raw talent, would actually be worse then Kelsay and Denny most of the games. Hillarious. :lol:

I think Kelsay's good play this year and pre-empted the need to play Maybin more. He is bring broken in gradually because the starters are playing adequately and we cannot afford rookie mistakes with our low scoring O not affording the D the luxury of experimentation.

That's gold Jerry, gold!

I hope he's successful because of what the Bills gave up for him but come on. Let's see a little something on the field eh?

My point was is that it seems like he has a great attitude and that is half the battle. He certainly has the physical skills. Plus let's not forget that he is really young (21 I believe).

I think Kelsay's good play this year and pre-empted the need to play Maybin more. He is bring broken in gradually because the starters are playing adequately and we cannot afford rookie mistakes with our low scoring O not affording the D the luxury of experimentation.

Those "better playing" adequate DE's you are defending have been part of the "Fool-Squad" that has allowed 150+, 200+ and 300+ rushing yards against the past three weeks. The Bills have lost 2 of those 3 games. Exactly where does that terrible run defense not allow any room for "experimentation"?? The offense changed their style, and went to the huddle after Fat Van Pelt told us he loved the no huddle. He decided to "experiment", and was forced to start yet another rookie at RT, Meredith, who I thought played his butt off.

And yet P-Fool is allowed to keep everything the same, with the same players. The O-Line has suffered injuries, yet they seem to be actually playing better despite them. Fools' linebackers and d-backs have gone down, and his defense keeps getting worse against the run week after week. Does he experiment to find ways for his number one draft choice to get on the field more, to help out with these injuries? Of course not. God forbid Maybin's rookie mistakes cause the Bills to allow 400 or 500 yards rushing against, right?? :lol::P

Kelsay is playing better, I'll give you that. But Denny sucks, and Schoebel isn't sniffing sacks or tackles near the line of scrimmage anymore. It's time to rotate the kid in for at least half the defensive plays. Come on. Fool will start Ashlee Palmer over Nic Harris (and don't get me started on that decision), when Harris was a higher draft pick then Palmer, and Palmer was a free agent rookie anyway, so Harris's talent gets wasted on the bench while Jon freakin' Corto gets more playing time then him. And combined with Maybin, Fool is lining up more street rookie free agents then his own highly regarded draft picks!!

Those "better playing" adequate DE's you are defending have been part of the "Fool-Squad" that has allowed 150+, 200+ and 300+ rushing yards against the past three weeks. The Bills have lost 2 of those 3 games. Exactly where does that terrible run defense not allow any room for "experimentation"?? The offense changed their style, and went to the huddle after Fat Van Pelt told us he loved the no huddle. He decided to "experiment", and was forced to start yet another rookie at RT, Meredith, who I thought played his butt off.

And yet P-Fool is allowed to keep everything the same, with the same players. The O-Line has suffered injuries, yet they seem to be actually playing better despite them. Fools' linebackers and d-backs have gone down, and his defense keeps getting worse against the run week after week. Does he experiment to find ways for his number one draft choice to get on the field more, to help out with these injuries? Of course not. God forbid Maybin's rookie mistakes cause the Bills to allow 400 or 500 yards rushing against, right?? :lol::P

Kelsay is playing better, I'll give you that. But Denny sucks, and Schoebel isn't sniffing sacks or tackles near the line of scrimmage anymore. It's time to rotate the kid in for at least half the defensive plays. Come on. Fool will start Ashlee Palmer over Nic Harris (and don't get me started on that decision), when Harris was a higher draft pick then Palmer, and Palmer was a free agent rookie anyway, so Harris's talent gets wasted on the bench while Jon freakin' Corto gets more playing time then him. And combined with Maybin, Fool is lining up more street rookie free agents then his own highly regarded draft picks!!

I wopuld line Maybin up in that "freak" package we used to use w everyone standing and oving around out of their stances and let him go get the QB!

My point was is that it seems like he has a great attitude and that is half the battle. He certainly has the physical skills. Plus let's not forget that he is really young (21 I believe).

There is no way for this to not come out as a slam on the kid but...

he wasn't able to get on the field at PSU until last year

he played agains weak competition

he inflated his numbers against the weakest of that weak competition

I WANT him to be successful here for the next 12 years. I HOPE that he lives up to his draft position. I'll BELIEVE it when I see it. Our recent success in drafting players in the first couple rounds does not give me warm fuzzies.

And combined with Maybin, Fool is lining up more street rookie free agents then his own highly regarded draft picks!!

I am not as down as you are on the overall D. Yes we are dead last in rushing defense but are # 4 in passing D. Sure you can say that 'why should teams pass when they can run so well on us'. BUt I argue that we have not allowed the opposing passing game to be very good, especially these past two weeks. We are suffering because of terrible LB play and the the injury to Whitner.

Again, I am not entirely sure the DE play is so bad as to risk giving too many snaps to a rookie.

Lets stop making excuses for "Maybe". Seriously, we are potentially looking at the reincarnation of Erik Flowers.... but Flowers was a late first rounder... not a #11... you expect more.

"Maybe" needs to step it up in a big way quickly.

Aaron of Mayb-erry should try to run toward the QB. I swear whenever I see him rush the passer he starts outside, stays outside and runs by the Tackle and the QB by five to ten yards. Then he turns around and runs back toward the play but it is usually over.