Is this the least talented quarterback controversy in Bills history?

Maefster88

This got me thinking today...is this the worst two quarterbacks that could be battling for playing time in team history. I'm not talking about the locker room dividing type controversy (flutie vs. johnson) im talking just strictly performance/talent wise.

i began to watch the Bills during the beginning of the Kelly era so i'm not sure about much before him but here is what i am thinking are the worst

Todd Collins vs. Alex Van Pelt (may have also involved Billy Joe Hobert if he read his playbook)

Alex Van Pelt vs. Rob Johnson

J.P. Losman vs. Kelly Holcomb

2007 + 2008

Trent Edwards vs. J.P. Losman

Trent Edwards vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick

before anyone tries to defend Edwards or Losman remember that we have had one of the worst offenses in the NFL statistically every season they have started, not to mention team history... fact not fiction, they deserve to be in this conversation.

I personally never felt more hopeless as a Bills fan then the Gregg Williams led 3-13 Bills season with AVP and Rob Johnson, but this season could prove pretty ugly to watch out of the quarterback position

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This got me thinking today...is this the worst two quarterbacks that could be battling for playing time in team history. I'm not talking about the locker room dividing type controversy (flutie vs. johnson) im talking just strictly performance/talent wise.

i began to watch the Bills during the beginning of the Kelly era so i'm not sure about much before him but here is what i am thinking are the worst

Todd Collins vs. Alex Van Pelt (may have also involved Billy Joe Hobert if he read his playbook)

2007 + 2008

before anyone tries to defend Edwards or Losman remember that we have had one of the worst offenses in the NFL statistically every season they have started, not to mention team history... fact not fiction, they deserve to be in this conversation.

I personally never felt more hopeless as a Bills fan then the Gregg Williams led 3-13 Bills season with AVP and Rob Johnson, but this season could prove pretty ugly to watch out of the quarterback position

Didn't the Bills have Joe Dufeck and Bruce Mathison at the same time?

Is there seriously a QB controversy? Did anybody watch Fitz today? I think the controversy would be if we start Fitz or Hamden until Trent gets back.

Did you? I saw him attempting throws that a QB needs to be willing to try, just failing because unfortunately he's a bad QB. I don't know if Edwards is incapable or just unwilling to do the same. He's definitely more physically talented than Fitzpatrick but I don't know what games the people who want him back out there have been watching.

J.P. Losman vs. Kelly Holcomb

2007 + 2008

I would've said Holcomb-Losman, but remember Holcomb had a very nice playoff game for the Browns against the Steelers, so it just may be this one.

No, because as you mention right there...our offense has sucked majorly for a long time. So there is no QB controversy. It's going to suck regardless.

Is there seriously a QB controversy? Did anybody watch Fitz today? I think the controversy would be if we start Fitz or Hamden until Trent gets back.

FItz sucks. 10 of 25 for a buck ten an int and several more that should have been.