Is this the least talented quarterback controversy in Bills history?

Maefster88

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Controversy? Who honestly thinks there's a controversy? Fitzpatrick came in an statistically played *worse* than Edwards does. If Edwards would have continued to play like Fitz did and we had won, we'd still be calling for Trent's head...would we not? Does anybody on this site actually look at the numbers... or watch the games for that matter? Fitz was off the mark on every other throw and got bailed out by his receivers half the time. The other half the time he was dumping off to his backs, just like Edwards does! I seriously hope nobody is considering Fitzpatrick the future of this team, here some of Ryan Fitzpatrick's career stats:

Starts/G Cmp% Yds YPG TD - INT Rate

(15/20) 57.7 % 2798 139.9 13 - 18 66.1

Just for comparisons sake, here are Edwards's Stats:

Starts/G Cmp% Yds YPG TD - INT Rate

(23/30) 61.2 % 5314 177.1 23 - 24 78.0

pathetic choices this year

speaking of pathetic you newbies who are pondering Edwards v Fitzpatrick should look up Ferragamo v Mathison, or Shaw v a young James Harris or Darragh v Rutkowski v Stephenson v Flores.

That's right sports fans in a single year the Bills QBs were Darragh, Rutkowski, Stephenson and Flores. Darragh started 7 games that year and had the best winning percentage going 1-6.

But Flores was 0-0-1. :bag:

pathetic choices this year

speaking of pathetic you newbies who are pondering Edwards v Fitzpatrick should look up Ferragamo v Mathison, or Shaw v a young James Harris or Darragh v Rutkowski v Stephenson v Flores.

That's right sports fans in a single year the Bills QBs were Darragh, Rutkowski, Stephenson and Flores. Darragh started 7 games that year and had the best winning percentage going 1-6.

I was just gonna say Ferragamo vs. Mathison- although don't forget, Ferragamo was actually a Super Bowl starting QB for the Rams. Don't get me wrong, he sucked by '85. Agreed though, the youngsters on here cannot comprehend how bad the Bills were in '84 and '85. In 1985, Mathison had 4 TD's and 14 INT's, while Ferragamo had 5 TD's and 17 INT's.

This got me thinking today...is this the worst two quarterbacks that could be battling for playing time in team history. I'm not talking about the locker room dividing type controversy (flutie vs. johnson) im talking just strictly performance/talent wise.

i began to watch the Bills during the beginning of the Kelly era so i'm not sure about much before him but here is what i am thinking are the worst

Todd Collins vs. Alex Van Pelt (may have also involved Billy Joe Hobert if he read his playbook)

Alex Van Pelt vs. Rob Johnson

J.P. Losman vs. Kelly Holcomb

2007 + 2008

Trent Edwards vs. J.P. Losman

Trent Edwards vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick

before anyone tries to defend Edwards or Losman remember that we have had one of the worst offenses in the NFL statistically every season they have started, not to mention team history... fact not fiction, they deserve to be in this conversation.

I personally never felt more hopeless as a Bills fan then the Gregg Williams led 3-13 Bills season with AVP and Rob Johnson, but this season could prove pretty ugly to watch out of the quarterback position

Yes, this is the mother of all tard fights for quarterback controversies ...

Not even close the 1968 team had Dan Darragh and Kay Stephenson. The current QBs are all stars!

Wasn't that the year we went through something like 4 legitimate QBs lost to injury and Ed Rutkowski actually ended up playing QB for us? I think that was the first time I ever heard the expression "disaster" QB. Ironically, Eddie R. was arguably just as effective as Darragh OR Stephenson.

GO BILLS!!!

Wasn't that the year we went through something like 4 legitimate QBs lost to injury and Ed Rutkowski actually ended up playing QB for us? I think that was the first time I ever heard the expression "disaster" QB. Ironically, Eddie R. was arguably just as effective as Darragh OR Stephenson.

GO BILLS!!!

Ed Rutkowski was drafted as a WR. Rating him as a QB is not fair.

The line was the real disaster. They were so bad that he took the ball from the center in the shotgun formation to give him an extra second before he was creamed.

The 'shotgun' was very rarely used back in the 60's. It was invented by the 49ers in the early 60's for the same reason the Bills used it!

We were looking at the formation, asking what the hell are they doing?

Ed Rutkowski was drafted as a WR. Rating him as a QB is not fair.

The line was the real disaster. They were so bad that he took the ball from the center in the shotgun formation to give him an extra second before he was creamed.

The 'shotgun' was very rarely used back in the 60's. It was invented by the 49ers in the early 60's for the same reason the Bills used it!

We were looking at the formation, asking what the hell are they doing?

Hey! He was a starter at QB.