Tha Harvard QB was not too Bad

I liked what I saw in Fitzpatrick. True, he made a couple of bad decisions, but he was NOT tentative. He moved EXTREMELY WELL in the pocket to buy another second or two and ran well when he had to. It was refreshing to see a QB not checkdown nearly every down. Given that he probably got no reps in practice, you have to hand it to him to step in like he did and maintain his composure against a very strong defense. I like his demeanor on the field, also -- very focused. Not that I wish harm to Edwards, but I'm glad Fitzpatrick got this opportunity. I think he did a fine job under the circumstances. A big DIVISION WIN -- congratulations to Fitzpatrick and the entire team for a gutzy performance.

I do think Edwards had some kind of issue with his head. He never was the same since Arizona... Yesterdays hit looked worse for his body, not so much for his head. I though he hurt his leg.

Anyway, We no longer will be draft #1, ( Titans) We might have a solid back up QB,......Play all rookies

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz should have been starting since midway through the Miami game. If that happened, the Bills would be 3-3 right now. Now I don't think he's the future, but he's the best we have at present.

You made the exact same comment last year regarding Losman.

He won far more games that he never played, in your mind.

I actually agree with you. He would have led them to 9 or 10 pts vs Cleveland. I want to see Fitz after a week of 1st team reps and game planning. I was very impressed with him leading the O calmly back in the game and in OT. The D gets the game ball today but i don't think Trent throws a TD pass in this game and they would have lost in meekly fashion as usual. Props to Fitz, he may not have the tools but he has the smarts and knows what to do with the ball.

I agree completely. It has to be tough to come in and take over. Sure you practice for it and have to be ready at a moments notice... blah, blah, blah. But when you know you are the guy running out of the tunnel as a starter, you will practice differently all week.

Why not try it? Especially when you can make a change to make sure your starter has a week to rest after a concussion! Easy coaching decision.

It's been mentioned before, but I really thought it was a knee or an ankle he hurt, didn't appear to take a big shot to the head, so I was a little surprised he has a concussion. I have had them , so i know it's not always a big hit, it just seemed odd because at least from the replays I saw, it looked like his upper body came through ok.

It's been mentioned before, but I really thought it was a knee or an ankle he hurt, didn't appear to take a big shot to the head, so I was a little surprised he has a concussion. I have had them , so i know it's not always a big hit, it just seemed odd because at least from the replays I saw, it looked like his upper body came through ok.

I agree, Looke like a leg,.... But, He did have 500 pounds fall on hime, and maybe his head is bad,... maybe he has had many concussions.

To play QB well, you need to get in rhythm. Fitz came in cold off the bench in bad conditions on the road agaisnt a good defense. He started off shaky but seemed to get his feet under him. Don't forget Owens had 2 huge drops on 3rd downs that were perfect passes. That could led to Fitz feeling more comfortable earlier. Additionally, that pass he threw to Evans that got overturned was a thing of beauty.

Fitz wasn't great, but all in all, he played well IMO given the circumstances. I think with a full week of practice (backup Qbs hardly get any snaps), he should be much better this week.

i think fitzpatrick > edwards. I'm hoping he is the starter next week. I think with a full week of reps with the offense, he can be more accurate than he was last night. I just like how there is more zip in his passes and that the willingness to take more chances is there. I'd prefer that trent did not get injured but i got both my wishes... huddling is back, and a change of QB. we'll see what happens...

To play QB well, you need to get in rhythm. Fitz came in cold off the bench in bad conditions on the road agaisnt a good defense. He started off shaky but seemed to get his feet under him. Don't forget Owens had 2 huge drops on 3rd downs that were perfect passes. That could led to Fitz feeling more comfortable earlier. Additionally, that pass he threw to Evans that got overturned was a thing of beauty.

Fitz wasn't great, but all in all, he played well IMO given the circumstances. I think with a full week of practice (backup Qbs hardly get any snaps), he should be much better this week.

I've noticed - as I'm sure you have - that some of his harshest critics here have seemingly changed their tunes... :P

i think fitzpatrick > edwards. I'm hoping he is the starter next week. I think with a full week of reps with the offense, he can be more accurate than he was last night. I just like how there is more zip in his passes and that the willingness to take more chances is there. I'd prefer that trent did not get injured but i got both my wishes... huddling is back, and a change of QB. we'll see what happens...

No way Edwards starts, 1) he is hurt,..2) he has played poorly, 3) Maybe Fitz is better

I wish everyone would take a closer look at the Hammer (2nd back-up). I think he has untapped potential.

Kinda' like the "feeling" I had when I first saw Jabari Greer in training camp.

I don't think Hamdan is an answer. As much as everyone wants to tout him on TSW, he has not shown me anything in preseason. Granted, he has not had his regular season shot, and everyone should deserve that shot. Just my opinion, but I am not holding my breath that he'll do anything great, if he finally gets his shot. Being a Bills fan, I'm used to setting my expectations low now. :w00t:

As far as having Fitzpatrick in there, it was nice to see him open up the field and make Lee Evans relevant once again. All in all, I was very pleased with his performance. I now have delusions of a Bills win in Charlotte and breaking my string of viewing road losses (Cards, Steelers, Bears, Saints, skipped a year, Cowboys) in person.