T-NT GAME SCORE(HIGH SCHOOL)

tombstone56

RUMORED TO BE LAST GAME IN THE SERIES, HIGH SCHOOL ,BETWEEN TONAWANDA -NORTH TONAWANDA , CONGRATS TO NORTH TONAWANDA -GREAT TEAM-RANKED 6 IN NYS.BUT BETTER !ESTIMATED 10,000 IN ATTENDANCE.

Why is this likely to be the last game in the series? Just curious.

RUMORED TO BE LAST GAME IN THE SERIES, HIGH SCHOOL ,BETWEEN TONAWANDA -NORTH TONAWANDA , CONGRATS TO NORTH TONAWANDA -GREAT TEAM-RANKED 6 IN NYS.BUT BETTER !ESTIMATED 10,000 IN ATTENDANCE.

6th in state? What's that rank them like 800th in the nation or something?

I'm a Jack alum and, am and will always be proud of the school. It's disheartening to hear this storied rivalry may come to an end, but it's the geography and kids health is now a major concern (Red Warriors -that is). Many of these games have been played in snowfalls. Was this one? Which stadium?

10K! Wow!

what is the problem with the geography and health of the kids? do they get colds from playing in the snow?

...it's the geography and kids health is now a major concern (Red Warriors -that is). Many of these games have been played in snowfalls...

I'm a Jack alum and, am and will always be proud of the school. It's disheartening to hear this storied rivalry may come to an end, but it's the geography and kids health is now a major concern (Red Warriors -that is). Many of these games have been played in snowfalls. Was this one? Which stadium?

10K! Wow!

9,900 Bills fans in attendance... just looking to watch a well-coached team on the field... without having to drive to Boston or Pittsburgh...

Well as a Depew Alum, Lancaster is way bigger but we can still compete, so Tonawanda has no excuse for the turds they dropping in the T-NT seriers the past few years.

Looks like the Tonawanda kids can beat you in a spelling contest...

Tonawanda has like 15 kids on the team now, while North Tonawanda has a 53 man roster!

10K! Wow!

I'm an NT alum also (class of 72). It will truely be a sad day should this rivalry end.

Well as a Depew Alum, Lancaster is way bigger but we can still compete, so Tonawanda has no excuse for the turds they dropping in the T-NT seriers the past few years.

As a Lancaster alum - I heard we won in OT last night :devil:

68-7? Way to keep it classy.

In all fairness, it looks like their top players didn't stay in the game very long. Starting QB had three rushes (scoring on two of them) and three passing attempts:

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/sports/local..._289234507.html

“He played well. He didn’t get a ton of touches or anything, but he made the most of them when he did,” NT coach Eric Jantzi said. “He threw the ball well. He made a lot of good reads, and that’s why the offense was good.”

Good is an understatement. The Jacks won 68-7, scoring the most points in a T-NT game. They led 20-0 after the first quarter, allowing Jantzi to put in his second stringers early in the game, explaining why Tuzzo didn’t have the numbers he typically does.

From reading the gamers, looks like the second-string fullback scored two of their touchdowns. Beyond that, I haven't seen how the scoring plays broke down.

-----------------------------------------------

Some general thoughts from an unbiased observer:

Should they stop playing the game because Tonawanda can no longer compete? Meh. We're not talking about a small school (Class D on your side of the border, Single-A on ours) with barely enough male students to field a team; THS is well above the cutoff point at the bottom of Class B. While there is a definite size disparity between the Warriors (0-7) and the Class AA Lumberjacks (7-0), they also lost 33-0 to Depew -- which has precisely the same male enrollment, according to the NYSPHSAA stats I just checked -- earlier in the season. They're apparently just not very good right now.

And consider the final score of the 2006 game: Jacks 14, Warriors 13. While NT would most likely be favored in any future game, there's no guarantee that they'll ever duplicate this year's margin of victory.

Now, if it gets to the point that THS is starting 130-pound freshmen just to keep the program going -- as we've seen with some of the small-school teams in the Southern Tier -- then it's time to end the series. (And at that point, they'd have far greater problems than losing one rivalry game.) But until then, I'll take the Tonawanda people at their word:

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/sports/local..._286231032.html

“We’re down a little bit, but we’ve been down before,” said Bob “Hap” Holway, a former Tonawanda coach. “I’ll tell you one thing, we’ll be coming back.”

Tonawanda senior co-captain Jarek Flanders hopes the rivalry returns next year and for years to come, for the sake of future generations of Tonawanda and North Tonawanda athletes.

“So many people come out and see us,” he said. “It’s something both teams need.”

“I disagree with any thought of not playing this football game, regardless of how things have been in previous years,” said Warriors coach Jason Beckman.