I'm Starting To Suspect That The Joke Is On Me

Obviously, I have never been able to understand the stupid way that the Bils continue to build this team. Mr. Wilson has been around this league forever. He owned a club with hall of fame players and watched teams like the old Steel Curtain, Cowboy Dynasty, etc. He surely would know after all these years how winning teams are built, even if he is not really a "football guy."

That said, he has been overseeing this nightmare. The man is in the war room and some have alleged that he has final say (I don't know what the deal is, nor do I claim to). Defensive backs are the last stand against opponents scoring touchdowns. I am thinking that he might actually like the idiotic Jauron philosophy of allocating our best resources to defensive backs and gadget players.

These guys can at time keep games close, even if the Bills are getting overpowered physically. Close games can equal fan interest from such a loyal group of fans. This means lots of pure profit, and little need to pay the big bucks to the players who make the biggest difference. Donte Whitner probably makes more than triple the salary of our QB and LT combined, and these are the positions at which stars are needed.

Year after year we crave talented players at important positions and are given Parrish, McKelvin, Whitner, etc. It is statring to make more sense. What a freaking mess. :P

In any event...GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, I have never been able to understand the stupid way that the Bils continue to build this team. Mr. Wilson has been around this league forever. He owned a club with hall of fame players and watched teams like the old Steel Curtain, Cowboy Dynasty, etc. He surely would know after all these years how winning teams are built, even if he is not really a "football guy."

That said, he has been overseeing this nightmare. The man is in the war room and some have alleged that he has final say (I don't know what the deal is, nor do I claim to). Defensive backs are the last stand against opponents scoring touchdowns. I am thinking that he might actually like the idiotic Jauron philosophy of allocating our best resources to defensive backs and gadget players.

These guys can at time keep games close, even if the Bills are getting overpowered physically. Close games can equal fan interest from such a loyal group of fans. This means lots of pure profit, and little need to pay the big bucks to the players who make the biggest difference. Donte Whitner probably makes more than triple the salary of our QB and LT combined, and these are the positions at which stars are needed.

Year after year we crave talented players at important positions and are given Parrish, McKelvin, Whitner, etc. It is statring to make more sense. What a freaking mess. :wallbash:

Ralphy the silver spooner that he is, values only one thing, money. judging from his hall of fame acceptance speech where he made himself out to be the a philanthropist that has taken less than he could have had he moved the team to a wealthier city. That being said it makes more marketing and financial sense to keep jauron the rest of the season, fire him in the offseason, draft a high profile QB and sell us pidgeons on change once again!

Year after year we crave talented players at important positions and are given Parrish, McKelvin, Whitner, etc. It is statring to make more sense. What a freaking mess. :wallbash:

Let's just keep lining up and buying those tickets and jerseys ... baaa .... baaa

So are you saying you want the Bills to give Trent a raise in pay?

So are you saying you want the Bills to give Trent a raise in pay?

No. Where on earth did I suggest this?

My point is that we have slugs (this includes Losman, in fact he tops the list) year after year at the most important positions and our greatest resources are used defensive backs and gadget players. This makes winning an impossibility.

Bill, the joke is that people think this team is competing for the playoffs. Anyone with half a brain knew when the Bills retained their HC and dismantled the OL that it was not going anywhere.

I've only been a season ticket holder for three seasons now since I got off active duty. Short of revamping the front office and hiring a proven HC (there is no requirement they need one of the name coaches) I can't see myself dealing with the same stuff we've witnessed since TD was fired.

If the first pick in next years draft isn't an OT, something's dreadfully wrong. Not that you didn't know already.

My point is that we have slugs (this includes Losman, in fact he tops the list) year after year at the most important positions and our greatest resources are used defensive backs and gadget players. This makes winning an impossibility.

so true. for every Stroud we make 4 or 5 mistakes.

If the first pick in next years draft isn't an OT, something's dreadfully wrong. Not that you didn't know already.

Of course, or someone like Terrance Cody. The point of my op is that Levy/Jauron built a team of weak sisters, and I am starting to believe that Ralph liked the idea.

Of course, or someone like Terrance Cody. The point of my op is that Levy/Jauron built a team of weak sisters, and I am starting to believe that Ralph liked the idea.

I'm tired of hearing how the defense played well, but broke down in the fourth quarter of games. This has been a major problem of DJ era teams, particularly when the weather turns bad, as you've indicated repeatedly.

The Bills show 3 DLineman who are under contract for 2010 that will be 30 or older. There's still much to do there. Meanwhile, the OT's are collectively very poor and lacking talent. Again, this team will need to go big early, and I wouldn't mind seeing seeing a DT or LT.

Buffalo needs to win when the temps dip. They haven't done that against quality competition (remember the home Giants game in 07) in a long time.

I'm tired of hearing how the defense played well, but broke down in the fourth quarter of games. This has been a major problem of DJ era teams, particularly when the weather turns bad, as you've indicated repeatedly.

The Bills show 3 DLineman who are under contract for 2010 that will be 30 or older. There's still much to do there. Meanwhile, the OT's are collectively very poor and lacking talent. Again, this team will need to go big early, and I wouldn't mind seeing seeing a DT or LT.

Buffalo needs to win when the temps dip. They haven't done that against quality competition (remember the home Giants game in 07) in a long time.

All true. It will take tons of luck for the Bills to approach respectability any time soon. You simply cannot do what Levy/Jauron did to this franchise and wish it away.

Someone such as Marty could turn this thing around, but this assumes that Ralph cares even a little.

Well it sounded like you were saying the Bills don't spend enough at the QB & LT positions. Since you NEVER say Trent was a problem for a loss it stands to reason you think he deserves a raise.

How can a person no longer on the team be a slug on said team?

Maybe if Jauron had let Losman develop in the 2 years he had left on his contract instead of promoting a QB that does not have the physical tools it takes to be an elite QB, that would be one less position the Bills would have to worry about.

If you ask me Edwards is the Biggest Slug on the Bills.

When the temps dip? Hell they need to be able to win when it's great football weather before they worry about winning when the temps dip. For the last few years we have not been able to beat any teams with winning records, hence we get the 7-9 seasons. Now we've slipped to the point where we can't even beat the teams with losing records. We have slid too far away from where we need to be, that's for sure.

And I agree with your point, paying just enough to have a D that can at least keep you in the game into the 4th qtr (and hence make you think maybe we're CLOSE to having a winning team), is foolhardy, if you really wanted a contender team. You've got to have a great offensive line too, and at least a pretty darn good quarterback. But of course that all costs more money. How long have we been saying we need an offensive line? I think that goes back at least 7 or 8 years now.