Youth raise money for message "Fire Jauron"

BillsZubaz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about everyone else, but my opinion is that the billboard is misdirected in its aim to get Jauron gone. All it serves to do is embarass him, and there's nothing he can do about it besides quit, and what man in his right mind is going to quit a head coaching job in the NFL? No, if you want to reach Ralph Wilson in a public fashion like a billboard, say something on it that embarasses HIM, not Jauron, an admittedly bad coach, but more importantly, Ralph's CHOICE.

If it were my billboard, it would say something on it like, "Hey Ralph, you stopped knowing how to run a football team before the moon landing. Your and your family's meddling is ruining the Bills and creating an entire region of suicidal cases. Give up the reins and go eat your cream of wheat before it gets cold."

Leave the coach out of it, as he's just one of many symptoms of Ralph Wilson's horrid ownership.

I think the billboard is great. Who gives a rats a$$ if 300 people chip in $5. Am I still sleeping...? ... there's people getting down on the billboard kid because he's embarrasing Limp Dick Jauron...? RU F-ing kidding me? Perhaps you haven't noticed the last 4 years of embarrasment that DJ has brought to this team, Buffalo and Upstate NY. Beat it you little twink.

I dunno about everyone else, but my opinion is that the billboard is misdirected in its aim to get Jauron gone. All it serves to do is embarass him, and there's nothing he can do about it besides quit, and what man in his right mind is going to quit a head coaching job in the NFL? No, if you want to reach Ralph Wilson in a public fashion like a billboard, say something on it that embarasses HIM, not Jauron, an admittedly bad coach, but more importantly, Ralph's CHOICE.

If it were my billboard, it would say something on it like, "Hey Ralph, you stopped knowing how to run a football team before the moon landing. Your and your family's meddling is ruining the Bills and creating an entire region of suicidal cases. Give up the reins and go eat your cream of wheat before it gets cold."

Leave the coach out of it, as he's just one of many symptoms of Ralph Wilson's horrid ownership.

In billboard vernacular, that's like trying to read Lord of the Rings traveling at 80 mph.

Mine would be "Hey Ralph, it's time to man up."

You don't want to piss the guy off so much that he'll move the team for spite, but you also want to send a simple message that him and his team have been a big failure for a long time now.

So let me get this straight, it is ok for us to publicly embarrass Ralph with your hypthetical billboard but not to "embarrass" Dick? Sure Ralph is more to blame for going cheap on coaches and players but at the end of the day this is DJs team. I just dont get why everyone content with being so passive....looks like the fans are taking on dick jauron's demeanor too....SKELETOR-FLU

Beyond pathetic and makes a lot of Buffaloians look like idiots. Let's waste money on a billboard to humilate a class individual and his family. I'm sure free agents and coaches can't wait to get the same treatment.

People need to get some real problems to complain about.

wah

this **** happens all the time around hte league and in college football...stfu about making buffalo look bad.

I'll bet you Ralph has or will hear about this...and at the end of the day, if that gets rid of jauron even 1 week sooner, then its fine by me

A lot of worthwhile charities could've used that money. What an embarrassment, especially considering it's nothing more than a tactic to humiliate a nice guy who happens to be a lousy football coach. It won't have an effect on Ralph Wilson one way or another.

Just because Jauron can't coach doesn't mean you drag him through the mud.

NO. A complete waste of money is season tickets/tickets/Sunday Ticket to WATCH THIS CRAP... THAT is a complete waste of money!!!!

He gets paid a lot of money to perform, and he shouldn't be allowed to get paid for such brutal failure. ACCOUNTABILITY is what it is about, and now he's going to be accountable to the fans, even if the owner feels like saving money is much more important than accountability!

Is Jauron your relative??! Just curious.

a) Dick Jauron is getting fired at the end of the season anyway and everybody on God's green earth knows it. b) Although a horrendous NFL head coach, Dick Jauron is still a human being with feelings, not to mention, a family. This is a d*ck thing to do. c) What kind of loser has $ to donate to this cause when they could've donated $ to a cancer research foundation or something of the like. d) This is exactly the type of thing that gives Buffalo a reputation as a loser town.

a) Dick Jauron is getting fired at the end of the season anyway and everybody on God's green earth knows it. b) Dick Jauron is still a human being with feelings, not to mention, a family. This is a d*ck thing to do. c) What kind of loser has $ to donate to this cause when they could've donated $ to a cancer research foundation or something of the like. d) This is exactly the type of thing that gives Buffalo a reputation as a loser town.

Welcome to America where freedom of speech is allowed. All the billboard says is the consumer (Buffalo) is not happy with Jauron's perfomance and would like him replaced. There is no attacks on him as a person or his family. If your an idiot at your job you would most likely be fired as well. It is like a 5$ donation......on par with a happy meal or beer at a bar. Tell me you never spent 5$ on something that was uneeded and not charitable.

a) Dick Jauron is getting fired at the end of the season anyway and everybody on God's green earth knows it. b) Although a horrendous NFL head coach, Dick Jauron is still a human being with feelings, not to mention, a family. This is a d*ck thing to do. c) What kind of loser has $ to donate to this cause when they could've donated $ to a cancer research foundation or something of the like. d) This is exactly the type of thing that gives Buffalo a reputation as a loser town.

I'd say those who wish to defend him or shield him from the ire of fans via something simple as a billboard are far more deserved of the label of LOSER.

Are you kidding me....who thinks this is a bad idea? Embarrassing the owner nationally might just get the point accross. We deserve better. I applaud the fan (yes....derived from the word "fanatic") and his willingness to take the bull by the horn and do something. Will it work? I doubt it, but its something. All you fans that just sit there and wait for something better ought to be impressed. Where can I send him my 10 bucks?

And by the way. If they raised the price of a ticket 10 bucks and gave us a compettitve team, would the Ralph be sold out. Of course. This a-hole ralph treats us like a wife abuser. Treats us like we are too worthless to have anything good, by constantly reminding us we are a small market team. What about Pittsburgh. The old man is a loser. Period. I'm angry and embarrassed nationally. I'd wear bills gear if they cared, but right now, all my Bills stuff embarrasses me.

And yes, I talk a big story, but Sunday I'll be watching.

Welcome to America where freedom of speech is allowed. All the billboard says is the consumer (Buffalo) is not happy with Jauron's perfomance and would like him replaced. There is no attacks on him as a person or his family. If your an idiot at your job you would most likely be fired as well. It is like a 5$ donation......on par with a happy meal or beer at a bar. Tell me you never spent 5$ on something that was uneeded and not charitable.

Agreed on the $5 point, I wasn't thinking about that and didn't realize that it cost so little. But if someone put up a "white power" billboard on the 190 and I said, "hey man, I'm not sure how that makes Buffalo look- it's kind of inappropriate," would you come right back and say, "hey man, that's freedom of speech, this is the US of A, brother." Notice I didn't question whether or not the sign was in fact constitutional, I questioned whether it was in good taste or not.

Notice I didn't question whether or not the sign was in fact constitutional, I questioned whether it was in good taste or not.

You did far more than that.. you said that anyone who supports this billboard is a loser, in so many words. That is far different than questioning good taste.

I'd say those who wish to defend him or shield him from the ire of fans via something simple as a billboard are far more deserved of the label of LOSER.

Dude, he is not shielded from the ire of fans, he is bashed all day, everyday and everyone knows it. I just think this is a little excessive. I actually agree that although he might be the worst coach I've ever seen, I really don't see the point in firing him mid-season and replacing him with Fewell or April or someone like that (two guys that might get fired themselves this offseason when we clean house). Everyone knows he's gone after this season, everyone knows Ralph HAS to hire one of the big five coaches sitting out there to sell tickets next year, so let's just take the rest of the season for what it is, see if some of this young talent can develop, share some laughs with your friends, have a good tailgate, but hope for 1-15. But people need to relax a little.

They did this in Detroit buying the billboard near Ford Field to read "Fire Millen".

Do you think people in Detroit got their panties in a knot like some people around here are?

If you're a public figure doing a public job and sucking at it, then the public should have the freedom to criticize you publically in any manner they choose.

If this upsets Dick this much, he has less fortitude than I thought was possible.

Agreed on the $5 point, I wasn't thinking about that and didn't realize that it cost so little. But if someone put up a "white power" billboard on the 190 and I said, "hey man, I'm not sure how that makes Buffalo look- it's kind of inappropriate," would you come right back and say, "hey man, that's freedom of speech, this is the US of A, brother." Notice I didn't question whether or not the sign was in fact constitutional, I questioned whether it was in good taste or not.

White power...no, your going to an extreme there. Ralph and Jauron can be seen as national figures because they are an owner and coach of an NFL team. This is no different then a billboard put up during a political campaign (actually probably more tasteful). If you seen the message it does not attack either of them and is no way derogatory. I do not think this looks bad on Buffalo.