Jauron's Next Job

Skunkpost

I think he would be a great defensive coordinator. However, if I were him I would just relax, enjoy life, golf, and let Ralph pay me for the next couple years.

He's not NFL head coach material. But he's smart, a great person, obviously well-respected and liked, and has a great family and probably several million bucks in the bank PLUS around 6 more to come over the next couple years.

There are worse situations to be in for a guy.

I would take him as a DC any day. He's perfect for it. Good at coaching defense, doesn't make waves, relates well to players, etc. Never going to challenge the head coach or create problems.

Sometimes in life a promotion is the WORST thing that can happen to a person. LOTS of guys in the NFL are great coordinators, and should just enjoy the $$ and success instead of destroying their coaching careers by taking a job they can't be successful at.

Mike Nolan, Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Norv Turner and Dick Jauron all fit into this category, IMO.

What aspect of the way our DBs are being coached (i.e., playing 10 - 20 yards off the ball) has led you to that conclusion? :worthy:

The fact that the Bills are leading the NFL in interceptions and just held three straight quarterbacks to laughably poor performances.

The fact that the Bills are leading the NFL in interceptions and just held three straight quarterbacks to laughably poor performances.

I wouldn't give the Bills all the credit for the poor performances by those 3 quarterbacks, especially since they are playing like that every week.