Ralph says...

weehawk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - Bills owner Ralph Wilson tells News 4 that he is not ready to make a decision on Bills Head Coach Dick Jauron Monday.

Wilson also says he doesn't want to comment at this time on Jauron's performance because the media will only twist his words.

True leadership.

What a freaking act of cowardice. "The media will only twist his words". How about this Ralphy, how about you stand at a podium and explain to the fans who pour their hard earned dollars into this waste of a franchise why they should spend one more nickle on your abomination. YOUR team hasn't won a division game in 2 years. 2 freaking years and you're worried about the media twisting your words.

Ya know what, I'm done. I'm done buying tickets, shirts, hats etc. I'm done attending your sideshow training camp and I'm done pouring my money and emotion into something you clearly are no longer capable of managing.

The team is a disgrace, I'm now officially embarrassed to be a Bills fan.

Oh and Ralph, go !@#$ yourself!

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - Bills owner Ralph Wilson tells News 4 that he is not ready to make a decision on Bills Head Coach Dick Jauron Monday.

Wilson also says he doesn't want to comment at this time on Jauron's performance because the media will only twist his words.

True leadership.

Yeah, a true leader would only do what you want him to do. He wouldn't make a move without you.

I told you so. Old Ralphie proves me right again. I gotta admit, some of you almost had me thinking we'd actually see some ballsy move by the old **** today. But a leopard doesn't change it's spots, does he?

When the end of the season comes, and the "Genius" Bobby April is named our new Head Coach, I wonder which big-name player Ralph will lure us all in with to buy another season's worth of circus tickets.

You have to have a plan before firing your HC, and maybe even a backup plan. Say Bobby April turns down the chance to be intermediate coach. Its possible RW is researching and discussing his alternatives, but what I would like to know is with who, who is RW confiding in because if its say for instance Jim Kelly, it gives me more reason to believe a change is coming soon.

And that's another damning indictment of the owner and organization - not having a plan to deal with this. It's not like Jauron had been a great coach but suddenly ended up unable to coach because he got sick, quit or incarcerated for impersonating Skeletor without a permit - he's been terrible since week 7 of 2008 so the thought that you might have to make a move should have come to mind, prompting you to have some sort of a plan. That's the problem from top to bottom with this organization - nobody has the ability to anticipate anything and come up with a plan!

True leadership.

Reading between the lines. Ralph is looking his replacement. When he does have an interim HC. Then he will make his move.

What a freaking act of cowardice. "The media will only twist his words". How about this Ralphy, how about you stand at a podium and explain to the fans who pour their hard earned dollars into this waste of a franchise why they should spend one more nickle on your abomination. YOUR team hasn't won a division game in 2 years. 2 freaking years and you're worried about the media twisting your words.

Ya know what, I'm done. I'm done buying tickets, shirts, hats etc. I'm done attending your sideshow training camp and I'm done pouring my money and emotion into something you clearly are no longer capable of managing.

lol what needs to be twisted?? Losing 6-3 to the 2nd worse team in the league, at home, vs a qb that completed TWO passes. No spinning necessary. I'm pretty sure this is the worse situation I can remember as a Bills fan since the early 70s

About time you woke up ...i'm proud of you. I have not been to the Ralph since Bledsoe lost that Steelers game

Now if we can get 40,000 to think just like you....

Firing Dick now would mean nothing for the 2009 season. This season is lost, write it off. Realistically we're looking at a top 5-6 draft choice and something like a 3-13 record. Other than satisfying the emotional reaction to fire the coach this team is going nowhere as long as the current front office remains in place. Maybe a great coach could coax a handful of victories out of this bunch but without better front office management a championship run remains nothing more than wishful thinking.

The good thing is that after a decade of mediocrity we're finally going to hit rock-bottom. Nowhere to go but up!

Ralph said something last year about this team not having the talent to win. He was talking about talent on the field. While he was correct his focus was misplaced or too narrow. More importantly, better talent is needed in the front office in order to correctly evaluate and pursue players to perform on the field, and WIN, on Sunday's.

Unless changing the head coach is coupled with sweeping changes in the front office, changes that bring in fresh and intelligent football people empowered to make football decisions in the best interest of the franchise and the fans, then a new coach is going to do little except create an illusion of progress. Without changes in the front office, a change of coaches is no change at all.

The question the media and fans should be asking Ralph isn't are you going to fire the coach? It's when are you going to fire the management team that put this football team on the field and replace them with somebody(s) that know how to build a winner?

I told you so. Old Ralphie proves me right again. I gotta admit, some of you almost had me thinking we'd actually see some ballsy move by the old **** today. But a leopard doesn't change it's spots, does he?

When the end of the season comes, and the "Genius" Bobby April is named our new Head Coach, I wonder which big-name player Ralph will lure us all in with to buy another season's worth of circus tickets.

THis is another thing that has been bothering me all season. This guy is overrated. Our special teams suck. Penalties every other punt/kick return. Constantly putting our offense in a even worse position. He pulls off a fake kick for a td the first game of the year and that makes him a coaching god. He's lucky he has Moorman.

Firing Dick now would mean nothing for the 2009 season. This season is lost, write it off. Realistically we're looking at a top 5-6 draft choice and something like a 3-13 record. Other than satisfying the emotional reaction to fire the coach this team is going nowhere as long as the current front office remains in place. Maybe a great coach could coax a handful of victories out of this bunch but without better front office management a championship run remains nothing more than wishful thinking.

I think getting the right coach is the most important thing. Don't change for the sake of change. If the Bills found the best guy now then I would do the change now. No it probably won't do anything to save this season but it will give the coach a good feel for the roster he has by seeing them in game action. I think it would be a big advantage going into next season. Has to be much better than judging on next seasons training camp alone.

I wonder which big-name player Ralph will lure us all in with to buy another season's worth of circus tickets.

It won't be Ralph thinking it up, it will be Brandon. He might not know squat about being a GM, but marketing he does know. And it won't have to be anything real big. Just look at the people on this board who have already stated, and proudly, that they will buy tickets no matter what. I believe that is a common sentiment among many season ticket holders. The majority of the others are looking for something, almost anything, some sign of life, so they have an excuse to buy the tickets next year. This year it was TO. That was announced and ticket sales soared. There will be some other sign of life that Brandon is probably already working on this off season as well that probably will be enough to make old Ralphie boy smile when he looks at the sales figures.

You almost have to feel for the die hard Bills fan that buys tickets no matter what. In their mind (a lot of them anyway) the choice is buy the tickets, or the Bills may move out of Buffalo. And given that choice they fork over their hard earned cash to Ralph. Ralph has them by the balls, and isn't afraid to squeeze.

Ralph's a successful business man and knows he's about to lose his customer base. I'm sure he's not just sitting idly by eating prunes or whatever. I hope not anyway.

Ralph is not going to lose his customer base at all, and he knows it. If the fans refuse to fill the seats at games, Ralph starts losing money and as you pointed out, "Ralph's a successful business man". Even more to the point, Ralph is for all practical purposes, a 91 year old business man. How much longer does he put himself through this crap?

If Ralph loses his customer base (i.e., fans don't fill the seats) and he starts losing money, decides to sell the team and the team ends up in LA or some other city, that's just about it for the professional sports in the Buffalo area except for the Sabres. No more football team. Bills are a distant memory, remembered by fans and ex-Bills players and that's that. So the fans are in a Catch-22. It's not like Boston for example, where you have the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins and the Celtics. If the fans let Ralph know how unhappy they are with their wallets, it could conceivably cost them the Bills.

If the fans don't buy tickets, would Ralph cave in and go get a top-tier GM and/or Head Coach to get the fans back? Would he? Maybe you would and I would. Maybe 91 year old Ralph Wilson would not. I sure as hell it doesn't end up in a stalemate.

Man, there has to be some stupid people in the area. Dont they read? The Bills are leaving either way. The franchise is valued at $909 million. No one is going to pay that keep them in WNY after RW goes. They are not saving the Bills by buying tickets. They are simply over-filling Ralph's wallet and they will get no quality football in return. Dummies!

It won't be Ralph thinking it up, it will be Brandon. He might not know squat about being a GM, but marketing he does know. And it won't have to be anything real big. Just look at the people on this board who have already stated, and proudly, that they will buy tickets no matter what. I believe that is a common sentiment among many season ticket holders. The majority of the others are looking for something, almost anything, some sign of life, so they have an excuse to buy the tickets next year. This year it was TO. That was announced and ticket sales soared. There will be some other sign of life that Brandon is probably already working on this off season as well that probably will be enough to make old Ralphie boy smile when he looks at the sales figures.

You almost have to feel for the die hard Bills fan that buys tickets no matter what. In their mind (a lot of them anyway) the choice is buy the tickets, or the Bills may move out of Buffalo. And given that choice they fork over their hard earned cash to Ralph. Ralph has them by the balls, and isn't afraid to squeeze.

THis is another thing that has been bothering me all season. This guy is overrated. Our special teams suck. Penalties every other punt/kick return. Constantly putting our offense in a even worse position. He pulls off a fake kick for a td the first game of the year and that makes him a coaching god. He's lucky he has Moorman.

+1

Everyone loves Bobby April so much. If it wasnt for Moorman his kicking team would suck. I hate Roscoe as a WR or anything else for that matter but he CAN (keyword) be a decent punt returner. And hes lucky he had McGee returning kicks all those year.

April is no better than Dick

Man, there has to be some stupid people in the area. Dont they read? The Bills are leaving either way. The franchise is valued at $909 million. No one is going to pay that keep them in WNY after RW goes. They are not saving the Bills by buying tickets. They are simply over-filling Ralph's wallet and they will get no quality football in return. Dummies!

Never under-value a good martyr complex.

The Bills are leaving either way. The franchise is valued at $909 million. No one is going to pay that keep them in WNY after RW goes.

To come up with that kind of cash and keep them in Buffalo you either have to have a almost insane love for the area and the teams history, or be a terrible businessman. And not too many terrible businessmen can come up with 900 million.