Bills move to LA??

Nostradamus

Galisano= 1.2B

Jacobs= 1.0B

Rich= 1.9B

Trump= 2.9B (I only bring up Trump because he used to own the Las Vegas team that Jim Kelly played for, might actually be one of the silent investors Kelly is claiming to have in his pocket)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think the NFL will have two teams in LA? How did that work out last time? Who's buying those tickets? Why would it be better for an owner to be taroing over huge areas of seating in LA as opposed to Jax. How much more do you think the networks will pay the league just because LA (who's watching the games on TV?) has a team?

No stadium, no team in LA. If, by some miracle, a stadium (for real) is to be built, the only logical move will be Jax, which has been an embarrassment for the league for several years.

FLBILLFAN:

Netball is a goofy British corruption of basketball. It is really amazing to see it. You say "basketball already exists--why did they invent this game?". It is typical of the European mindset. They simply know nothing about sports. It's sad, really--all they have is soccer, a little kids game.

Really, how can anything be considered a sport that does not allow the use of hands?

The NFL does not seem to have a problem with it, according to Goodell. Maybe it's one of those easily upgradeable stadiums.

Got a link for the comments from Goodell you cite?

In my opinion, the original poster is not FOS, as he called the group "Industry of California" seemingly not knowing of The City of Industry efforts of building a stadium and having a team move to LA.

That being said, THIS SUCKS!!!!!

If the Bills ever move, may they have the same success as the Braves have had.

Well most of the Braves had very good success. Of course that because the stars where sold off to buy the team year before they moved, like Mosses Malone to Houston, and their center Bob McAdoo to New York.

And when the owners of the Celtics and Braves swapped teams most of the Braves (including all their starters and young talent) to the Celtics for their bench. Ex-Braves team was also offered the number one pick as part of the trade but declined to talked it, since didn't want the large contract on the books. That pick turned out to be Larry Bird.

So the real braves team became a good part of the foundation for the Celtics dynasty. They did OK.

What was left of the braves team, and the ex-Celtics owner didn't fare very well though, and still haven't :unsure:

Galisano= 1.2B

Jacobs= 1.0B

Rich= 1.9B

Trump= 2.9B (I only bring up Trump because he used to own the Las Vegas team that Jim Kelly played for, might actually be one of the silent investors Kelly is claiming to have in his pocket)

Jim Kelly played for the Houston Gamblers

Donald Trump owned the N.J. Generals.

Nice job doing your homework!

Well most of the Braves had very good success. Of course that because the stars where sold off to buy the team year before they moved, like Mosses Malone to Houston, and their center Bob McAdoo to New York.

And when the owners of the Celtics and Braves swapped teams most of the Braves (including all their starters and young talent) to the Celtics for their bench. Ex-Braves team was also offered the number one pick as part of the trade but declined to talked it, since didn't want the large contract on the books. That pick turned out to be Larry Bird.

So the real braves team became a good part of the foundation for the Celtics dynasty. They did OK.

What was left of the braves team, and the ex-Celtics owner didn't fare very well though, and still haven't :unsure:

I was refering to the remnants of the team that WAS the Braves, not the former GREAT players. When the Braves moved is when I stopped watching NBA. I would rather watch the Generals get beat down by the Globetrotters than watch another NBA game.

I was refering to the remnants of the team that WAS the Braves, not the former GREAT players. When the Braves moved is when I stopped watching NBA. I would rather watch the Generals get beat down by the Globetrotters than watch another NBA game.

Technically, one valid interpretation of what transpired is that the Braves (as a legal entity) moved to Boston and became the Celtics, while the Celtics moved to SD and became the Clippers.

Technically, one valid interpretation of what transpired is that the Braves (as a legal entity) moved to Boston and became the Celtics, while the Celtics moved to SD and became the Clippers.

You are correct. Therefore, ANYONE that has said they would still root for the Bills if they move, feel free to root for the Celtics, you are rooting for the Buffalo Braves. :wallbash::wallbash::censored:

In my opinion, the original poster is not FOS, as he called the group "Industry of California" seemingly not knowing of The City of Industry efforts of building a stadium and having a team move to LA.

That being said, THIS SUCKS!!!!!

In terms of me not knowing about the efforts of the City of Industry, you're precisely right. I found out after the fact about the legitimate efforts of the City to build the stadium, and the Bills being named as one of the primary suitors. When I first wrote the post, I was simply reiterating a conversation that I had with someone purporting to have some insider knowledge. Based on the original source, I considered the information valid, and not mere speculation. Hence, I posted it. It was only after, due to the efforts and links provided by other posters in regards to the City of Industry, that the information seemed to take on a clearer shape and solidify.

In short, the conversation I had seems to fit very well into the context of the info regarding LA that more knowledgeable posters, particularly the California based posters, have written in this topic. And while I hope I'm wrong, I am distinctly getting the feeling that something strange is going on at One Bills Drive in relation to the franchise and the direction its heading.

Just moved on AP wire, FWIW:

Vote moves SoCal stadium forward

Eds: APNewsNow.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The California Senate has voted to allow developers of a proposed 75,000-seat football stadium in the Southern California city of Industry an environmental exemption that allows construction to move forward.

If signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, the bill that was approved Wednesday on a 21-14 vote, would nullify a lawsuit by residents in the neighboring city of Walnut, who claimed that Industry approved the project without sufficiently reviewing its environmental impact.

Officials with developer Majestic Realty Co. have said that they would begin approaching NFL teams about moving to the area when the current season ends.

The developer’s list of possible targets consists of the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Buffalo Bills, the Minnesota Vikings, the St. Louis Rams, the San Diego Chargers, the Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers.

Just moved on AP wire, FWIW:

Vote moves SoCal stadium forward

Eds: APNewsNow.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The California Senate has voted to allow developers of a proposed 75,000-seat football stadium in the Southern California city of Industry an environmental exemption that allows construction to move forward.

If signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, the bill that was approved Wednesday on a 21-14 vote, would nullify a lawsuit by residents in the neighboring city of Walnut, who claimed that Industry approved the project without sufficiently reviewing its environmental impact.

Officials with developer Majestic Realty Co. have said that they would begin approaching NFL teams about moving to the area when the current season ends.

The developer’s list of possible targets consists of the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Buffalo Bills, the Minnesota Vikings, the St. Louis Rams, the San Diego Chargers, the Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers.

This brings up a good point; they will APPROACH teams after the current season. So the list of teams would be "possible options", meaning why bother approaching the Pats*, but hey, the Bills owner may die soon, let's fish there.

10 pages of arguments for not if you ask me, other than the "Pinto" thing, that seems to be picking up some steam...