Front Office = Winning

AtlBills

Living here in Atlanta I saw first hand how an organization can be completely turned around by hiring the "right man" running the football operations. The Falcons have been a laughing stock of the NFL until hiring Thomas Damitroff from the Pats to run the show. He is a "Football Man" and knows first hand how to evaluate talent and bring in the right type of athlete. He gutted the the Falcon roster of "me" guys, drafted Matt Ryan and host of other gutty players and brought in a no nonsese type coach wjho is both a players coach and an "in your grille" when it is needed.

My point is, it can be done in the NFL today....we have some talent...our only salvation is RW sees the light after this season, hires a true football GM, lets RB go back to marketing, keep Overholt, can the entire coaching staff, Modrak and Guy. We will never succeed without a true GM, regardless of who is coaching....

Living here in Atlanta I saw first hand how an organization can be completely turned around by hiring the "right man" running the football operations. The Falcons have been a laughing stock of the NFL until hiring Thomas Damitroff from the Pats to run the show. He is a "Football Man" and knows first hand how to evaluate talent and bring in the right type of athlete. He gutted the the Falcon roster of "me" guys, drafted Matt Ryan and host of other gutty players and brought in a no nonsese type coach wjho is both a players coach and an "in your grille" when it is needed.

My point is, it can be done in the NFL today....we have some talent...our only salvation is RW sees the light after this season, hires a true football GM, lets RB go back to marketing, keep Overholt, can the entire coaching staff, Modrak and Guy. We will never succeed without a true GM, regardless of who is coaching....

AMEN!

Preaching to the choir, here, Sir.

The only constant (with the exception of RW) in the past 10 years...the ONLY constant, is John Guy and Tom Modrak. These guys were brought in by Donahoe, and should have left with him.

Buddy Nix is back, and he was with the Bills in the glory days and helped turned San Diego into a talented franchise within a short period of time.

I would promote Nix, fire Modrak AND Guy, move Brandon back to marketing, let Jauron loose, and hire one of these coach/GM duos out there (like Holmgren or Shanahan). They wouldn't have complete power, but would share the position with Nix. RW would have the final say in the event of a tie.

It truly does start at the top. Total team ineptitude for the past 10 years matches the careers of Modrak and Guy, exactly. There have been coaches, players, and even GM's. All are new than 10 years ago. The product hasn't changed. Neither has Modrak or Guy.

It's time for a change.

I agree particually about Guy. Modrak has done a little better, but guy's free agents pickup have been horrific. I'd have no problem making RB president either, and let him be the tie breaker.

AMEN!

Preaching to the choir, here, Sir.

The only constant (with the exception of RW) in the past 10 years...the ONLY constant, is John Guy and Tom Modrak. These guys were brought in by Donahoe, and should have left with him.

Buddy Nix is back, and he was with the Bills in the glory days and helped turned San Diego into a talented franchise within a short period of time.

I would promote Nix, fire Modrak AND Guy, move Brandon back to marketing, let Jauron loose, and hire one of these coach/GM duos out there (like Holmgren or Shanahan). They wouldn't have complete power, but would share the position with Nix. RW would have the final say in the event of a tie.

It truly does start at the top. Total team ineptitude for the past 10 years matches the careers of Modrak and Guy, exactly. There have been coaches, players, and even GM's. All are new than 10 years ago. The product hasn't changed. Neither has Modrak or Guy.

It's time for a change.

I agree particually about Guy. Modrak has done a little better, but guy's free agents pickup have been horrific. I'd have no problem making RB president either, and let him be the tie breaker.

For the record, Bill Polian is the president of the Colts. And while each team features different titles and job responsibilities, Brandon has no business overseeing a football team.

He is not versed in football, nor will he ever be. Forty year old men do not wake up and become football people without working in personnel. RW can be president because he owns the team, but it's apparent neither he nor Brandon will ever be sound football decision makers. Example A is thinking TO would make their DJ led team better.

Send Brandon back to being the business/marketing guy and get him the heck out of any personnel matters.

So what. What if we had a real football guy like Modrak or John Guy as the GM, would that make us better. If a football guy is ultimately overall in chage, then he's going to make all the final decisiions with no one to justify it to. IF you have a really good one then no problems, But if he's not one of the half dozen or so top notch ones, I think it's better having someone else as "tie breaker" If the Bills were to bring in a Cowler type, then I don't think he'd answer to RB anyway, but still would have no problems with RB as the president. Personally I have little problems with the job he's done. The problem has been with the decision making of the football men. And I agre that if RB was a football person then as GM he'd be making those decisions instead. But again that's only good if he's good.

He is not versed in football, nor will he ever be.

Have to agree with GM sentiment. Look at Polian and what he did for Buf and IND, and CAROLINA. Expansion to superbowl contender in a couple years. Miss that guy a lot....

We said the same thing when Levy replaced Donahoe....We weeded out all the "Stiffs" like McGahee and replaced them with talent.....Yet we are 7-9 for three consecutive seasons....

The new regime goofed on the OL and the current regime did not address some veteran depth for the OL....May be no one wanted to come and play for the Bills...We have lost the last two games due to poor play by the OTs....

We said the same thing when Levy replaced Donahoe....We weeded out all the "Stiffs" like McGahee and replaced them with talent.....Yet we are 7-9 for three consecutive seasons....

The new regime goofed on the OL and the current regime did not address some veteran depth for the OL....May be no one wanted to come and play for the Bills...We have lost the last two games due to poor play by the OTs....

Our OT's are very very young and are probably back ups at best.

It's funny how hitting on a QB turns someone into a great GM. But that is the case. You have to pick the right QB. It's as simple as that.

Our OT's are very very young and are probably back ups at best.

If we had kept Peters at LT and Walker at RT, and used the 1st round on Woods and another pick and with Levitre and Hang, we would have been good....Of course, we would have been cursed by the Injuries too...

What was annoying is that despite the success of running the ball, the Bills never tried running the ball against the Saints and the Dolphins...And against the Dolphins, they were just so predictable....Running on 1st down....

We have a 91 year owner who is riding it out. You think RW cares right about now.

He is riding it out. The entire organization is not making long term plans for fear the owner will pass and then the sale begins. I truly believe RW isn't so much as concerned with doing things the right way (blowing up the front office) as he is just having a profit margin until the inevitable comes.