Now I've Heard Everything...

VJ91

Link:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...r+Buffalo+Bills

Don't most NFL head coaches bar their assistants (including their coordinators) from speaking to the media? Of course they do, thats why Dick allows his assistant coaches to open their stupid mouths. Dick needs everyone in his life to like him. How stupid of me.

First this past week we have Perry Fool, Mr. "11-Gap Cover-0" himself, bragging to the media that he had his defenders in the proper calls to stop the run. They made mistakes. Nice leadership Perry.

In today's episode of "Sports Talk With Bills' Asssistant Coaches" Perry's counterpart from the Bills high powered offense, Fat Van Pelt, when asked if it's time to scrap the No Points....er I mean the No Huddle offense, had these "team-first" words of wisdom to offer: "I wouldn't want to do that Ilove the no huddle."

Nice. 4 games into his career as an offensive coodinator, and Fat has become just as arrogant as every other OC the Bills have suffered under since Ted Marchibroda left a hundred years ago.

Well, bring on the Browns, I'm sure Fat and Perry have some orginal gameplans in store for them! :P

Link:

Don't most NFL head coaches bar their assistants (including their coordinators) from speaking to the media? Of course they do, thats why Dick allows his assistant coaches to open their stupid mouths. Dick needs everyone in his life to like him. How stupid of me.

First this past week we have Perry Fool, Mr. "11-Gap Cover-0" himself, bragging to the media that he had his defenders in the proper calls to stop the run. They made mistakes. Nice leadership Perry.

In today's episode of "Sports Talk With Bills' Asssistant Coaches" Perry's counterpart from the Bills high powered offense, Fat Van Pelt, when asked if it's time to scrap the No Points....er I mean the No Huddle offense, had these "team-first" words of wisdom to offer: "I wouldn't want to do that Ilove the no huddle."

Nice. 4 games into his career as an offensive coodinator, and Fat has become just as arrogant as every other OC the Bills have suffered under since Ted Marchibroda left a hundred years ago.

Well, bring on the Browns, I'm sure Fat and Perry have some orginal gameplans in store for them! :P

In his wednesday presser, Trent, when asked about scrapping the no huddle said... "There's no reason why we need to change something right now."

REALLY! I can think of a good reason, hmmmmmm, we rank last in time of possession.

In his wednesday presser, Trent, when asked about scrapping the no huddle said... "There's no reason why we need to change something right now."

REALLY! I can think of a good reason, hmmmmmm, we rank last in time of possession.

Once again, they are not running a hurry-up. The problem is not converting on 3rd down and sustaining drives. This is due mostly to being in unmanageable 2nd and 3rd down situations and untimely penalties or both at the same time. Huddling up isn't going to change any of that.

GO BILLS!!!!

Link:

From the 2009 league media policy (via PFWA):

Assistant Coaches - Through their public relations department, clubs must provide regular and reasonable access to assistant coaches for media interviews that serve the best interests of the club and league. This access will include the availability to media that regularly cover the club of the offensive and defensive coordinators at least o­nce during every practice week of the regular and postseason for a minimum of 10-15 minutes, beginning with the week leading to Week 1 of the regular season. Coordinators and other primary position coaches must be available o­n a reasonable basis during training camp and throughout the season through the team public relations department. Clubs may not put assistant coaches off limits to the media and may not unreasonably withhold permission for primary position coaches or coordinators to speak to the media. Access to assistant coaches o­n gameday is a club decision. For offensive and defensive coordinators, gameday access would be in addition to the mandatory access at least o­nce during every practice week.

Once again, they are not running a hurry-up. The problem is not converting on 3rd down and sustaining drives. This is due mostly to being in unmanageable 2nd and 3rd down situations and untimely penalties or both at the same time. Huddling up isn't going to change any of that.

GO BILLS!!!!

I respectfully disagree. Lots of these penalties are movement or line-up issues with the young linemen. I'm willing to bet those would be decreased if we huddled up. We certainly aren't giving defenses any problems with it so why do it?

I respectfully disagree. Lots of these penalties are movement or line-up issues with the young linemen. I'm willing to bet those would be decreased if we huddled up. We certainly aren't giving defenses any problems with it so why do it?

I hear ya and it's a valid point but you hit the key point when you mention "young" lineman. With experience, in or out of the huddle, we can reasonably expect the penalties to dwindle with experience. It stil seems the Bills think TE benefits more from the added time surveying the D at the LOS. Of course WE dont' see much correlation yet but I understand the thinking.

GO BILLS!!!

I doubt it! Inexperience and poor coaching breeds penelties. I do agree that the no-huddle scream we have is not contributing to lack of field time, not converting 1st downs is the problem.

With repect to the OP and the D&C article about the authors expectation of the no-huddle. True, it is nothing like the K-gun. What I believe this mess is designed to be like was the no-huddle that Cinny ran in 88' with Boomer and Icky Woods. The premise was to keep the defensive configuration on the field (unable to substitue) because the offense was at the line of scrimmage ready to snap and the def did not want to get caught making subs or extra men on the field. When they finally snapped, there usually was only a few seconds on the play clock. Cinncy's attack was effecient, but they also had an excellent OL and quality skilled players at qb, wr, and rb.

However, the Bills current version dosen't come close to what Cinny ran. What I see is a confused mess and the def seems to have plenty of opportunities to sub all they want therefor defeating the purpose of the no-huddle. :P

Would a huddle really help a youngster line up better or not jump off the line too soon?

Would a huddle really help a youngster line up better or not jump off the line too soon?

Absolutely. Getting the playcall done in the huddle is one less thing (and a really BIG thing) that they don't have to do at the line so they could focus better on the other things.

GO BILLS!!!!

Wow, somebody who actually "gets it!" Huddle or no, they are still using most of the playclock. Why can't people get that?

GO BILLS!!!!

why is it like pulling teeth to get some shots down field. can't the oc direct the calling so the audibles are even down field or make the plays with no check downs. I'm not saying if situation call for check down routes don't call them but we might not need them every play. also what happened to the screen passes that were blowing up the pasties.

Wow, somebody who actually "gets it!" Huddle or no, they are still using most of the playclock. Why can't people get that?

Nice @ss. And as K 9 said, TOP is all about making/ stopping 3rd downs. The Colts for the most part control the clock and limit the amount their suspect defense has to play. We just aren't converting/ stopping 3rd downs enough.

So this week we have learned that...

The front office likes their O linemen. Dick likes his O linemen. Trent loves Dick. The players like Dick. AVP loves the no huddle.

This team is on an 8 game division losing streak, 3-11 in their last 14 games, 22-30 under Jauron, in last place in the AFCE, and WE HAVE A LOVE FEST GOING ON AT 1 BILLS DRIVE ?!?!?!

That says it all. The state of this franchise is a complete disgrace. They are a rudderless ship adrift at sea.

So this week we have learned that...

The front office likes their O linemen. Dick likes his O linemen. Trent loves Dick. The players like Dick. AVP loves the no huddle.

This team is on an 8 game division losing streak, 3-11 in their last 14 games, 22-30 under Jauron, in last place in the AFCE, and WE HAVE A LOVE FEST GOING ON AT 1 BILLS DRIVE ?!?!?!

That says it all. The state of this franchise is a complete disgrace. They are a rudderless ship adrift at sea.

AMEN

Link:

Well, bring on the Browns, I'm sure Fat and Perry have some orginal gameplans in store for them! :doh:

We have offensive problems but it's not the no huddle. Tell me exactly how many of those plays would have succeeded if they were called in a huddle vs at the line????????

If the lineman aren't getting the snap count you can blame the no huddle. I highly suspect that they are.

We have offensive problems but it's not the no huddle. Tell me exactly how many of those plays would have succeeded if they were called in a huddle vs at the line????????

Read the link I inserted to Leo Roth's article this morning. You have a point that with the injury depleted inexperienced

O-Line the Bills lined up last week, many of those same plays would have failed with a huddle. However, some of those 3rd down plays that failed to keep drives alive and the "11-Gap Cover-0" bend and break defense on the sidelines a few extra minutes may have succeeded if the Bills would have huddled and there was better communication. I agree with Leo on that point.

Even funnier was Van Pelt bragging that his no huddle was faster then Peyton Manning's no huddle in Indy. Really, I'm not making that up - Fat Van Pelt really said that. Of course the only reason Manning might take a few seconds longer is because he is looking out at the defense, confidently deciding how to exploit them before he snaps the ball. Trent on the other hand, is manically trying to digest the call going from Fat up in the booth, down to Fitzy on the sidelines and then finally called into Trent's helmet from Fitzy. By the time they get that done, Edwards has no time to really look out at the defense and confidently decide how to exploit them. In fact, most of the time when I watch Edwards seem to be audibling out of a play call, he ends up handing the ball off for no gain anyway. :doh:

Read the link I inserted to Leo Roth's article this morning. You have a point that with the injury depleted inexperienced

O-Line the Bills lined up last week, many of those same plays would have failed with a huddle. However, some of those 3rd down plays that failed to keep drives alive and the "11-Gap Cover-0" bend and break defense on the sidelines a few extra minutes may have succeeded if the Bills would have huddled and there was better communication. I agree with Leo on that point.

We ran the no huddle slowly. With the number of offensive plays we ran multiplied by even another 5 seconds per we're talking less than 2 minutes. You can't tell me that had a significant impact compared to poor execution.

Even funnier was Van Pelt bragging that his no huddle was faster then Peyton Manning's no huddle in Indy. Really, I'm not making that up - Fat Van Pelt really said that. Of course the only reason Manning might take a few seconds longer is because he is looking out at the defense, confidently deciding how to exploit them before he snaps the ball. Trent on the other hand, is manically trying to digest the call going from Fat up in the booth, down to Fitzy on the sidelines and then finally called into Trent's helmet from Fitzy. By the time they get that done, Edwards has no time to really look out at the defense and confidently decide how to exploit them. In fact, most of the time when I watch Edwards seem to be audibling out of a play call, he ends up handing the ball off for no gain anyway. :doh:

Have to disagree. Trent does have enough time to survey the defense as there is still time left on the clock. If he was frantically trying to read the defense before the play he should take the extra time that is left on the play clock to do so. Another good point you bring up that I have noticed is that a vast majority of the time when Trent does audible it IS to an unsuccessful run play. This of course leads me to believe that he is checking out of a potentially good pass play call to a bad run call. It also reinforces my belief that Trent CAN'T properly read defenses.

In my opinion, if your going to run the no huddle, RUN it, it almost looked like the bills were waiting for all of miami's subs to come in and get ready on more then one occassion. also, has anyone else noticed if they are changing the snap cadence?? it seems to me the opposing defense times trent's snap count perfect ALOT, huddling i think would help this because you can call a change of snap count, as long as the young o-line can stay put till the ball is snapped