Windfall profit tax on Health Insurers?????

Magox

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=ajqYXduJHocc

So now, to fund the Health Reform, they want to consider taxing the Health Insurers, with a windfall tax. :wallbash:

It's amazing the lack of foresight these bafoons have. We see what is happening with the Credit Card Legislation, if you take away a certain revenue stream away from them, they will only replace it from another area.

Gee, I wonder if they will pass the costs down to the consumer? :wallbash:

Pelosi Says Windfall Profit Tax on Insurers Studied

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Democratic lawmakers are considering a windfall profits tax on health insurers to help finance an overhaul of the nation’s health-care system.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=ajqYXduJHocc

So now, to fund the Health Reform, they want to consider taxing the Health Insurers, with a windfall tax. :wallbash:

It's amazing the lack of foresight these bafoons have. We see what is happening with the Credit Card Legislation, if you take away a certain revenue stream away from them, they will only replace it from another area.

Gee, I wonder if they will pass the costs down to the consumer? :wallbash:

Pelosi Says Windfall Profit Tax on Insurers Studied

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Democratic lawmakers are considering a windfall profits tax on health insurers to help finance an overhaul of the nation’s health-care system.

...and no Tort reform so as to protect the special interests of the trial lawyers which apparently have Obama/Pelosi/Reid in their back pocket. So to summarize, the average American will pay more with higher rates passed down from the governmental tax hikes and the greedy trial lawyers will continue to suck the life out of any possibility of reasonable insurance rates. Don't worry, Americans are going to have their chance for payback in 2010.

2 years ago the windfall tax was on big oil because gas prices were high. Then the oil bubble popped. Now it's on healthcare because the Dems aren't getting their way on socializing.

I don't like poor people. Can we just get a windfall tax on them?

Health Care companies charge too much they say.

So lets tax the living **** out of them!

Holy hell.

Paterson taxed health insurers in NY. Guess what, your premiums are now higher. More greed they say? Nope, the mandatory reserve fund of most not-for-proift health plans in NY is decreasing this year.

2 years ago the windfall tax was on big oil because gas prices were high. Then the oil bubble popped. Now it's on healthcare because the Dems aren't getting their way on socializing.

I remember that very clearly, everyone wanted to blame the Oil companies for being greedy, when they had very little to do with the rising prices. As if they were fixing the prices :wallbash: . That's just plain retarded, the market decides the price, based on physical supply/demand, dollar fluctuations, supply disruption fears, geopolitical risks and speculation.

The oil companies were losing so much money for over a decade, it was a terrible business to be in, and now that the eastern side of the world is growing rapidly along with Brazil, they are now in the right business at the right time. It just sickens me to see so much stupidity and have people make these basic blanket statements when they have no !@#$ing clue what they are talking about. The worst part about it is that politicians use it as a weapon to demonize them, so that they can regulate or tax the !@#$ out of them. But before you they do that, they have to sell them to the public as "Evil corporations". Just like they did with the banks, credit card companies, hedge funds and health insurance companies.

Mark my words, once oil prices start eclipsing $100 on a constant basis, you will see these bafoons (democrats) in congress look to tax the hell out of these companies.

I remember that very clearly, everyone wanted to blame the Oil companies for being greedy, when they had very little to do with the rising prices. As if they were fixing the prices :wallbash: . That's just plain retarded, the market decides the price, based on physical supply/demand, dollar fluctuations, supply disruption fears, geopolitical risks and speculation.

The oil companies were losing so much money for over a decade, it was a terrible business to be in, and now that the eastern side of the world is growing rapidly along with Brazil, they are now in the right business at the right time. It just sickens me to see so much stupidity and have people make these basic blanket statements when they have no !@#$ing clue what they are talking about. The worst part about it is that politicians use it as a weapon to demonize them, so that they can regulate or tax the !@#$ out of them. But before you they do that, they have to sell them to the public as "Evil corporations". Just like they did with the banks, credit card companies, hedge funds and health insurance companies.

Mark my words, once oil prices start eclipsing $100 on a constant basis, you will see these bafoons (democrats) in congress look to tax the hell out of these companies.

We should tax the Chinese. They seem to be making a ton of money.

I'll never understand how people like Stretch Pelosi keep getting elected when their compete and utter idiocy is so clearly on display for all to see.

Well, she is from San Francisco. This week the Presidents Cup started here in San Francisco and some city official made a public statement warning Mike Jordan not to smoke his cigars at the tournament because it was a public course. They are just wackey here man. Thats how she keeps getting elected

Here's the smoking thing

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/prescup09/n...tory?id=4539056

You know, it really is hard to take people seriously when whining how bad things are when they think something like this is a priority. On the contrary, they don't have enough to worry about. My mom and dad grew up in the 30s and 40s and had to worry how to put food on the table. These babies spend time on this crap.