Somali Pirates attack French Navy ship

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly what you may want ships to look like:

"An easy target"

Nothing like having vessels undercover. Mock the French as you will, but maybe they get it. I am not saying they were posing as a commercial vessel... Yet a refueler can be misleading... But maybe we should start hiding our identity too! Catch more pirates and maybe hopefully they will have to think twice.

Of course France would find and pursue pirates with "no arms"

You must have only read part of the article that appealed to you:

"...No one was wounded by the volleys from the Kalashnikov rifles directed at La Somme, a 3,800-ton refueling ship..."

Sure sounds like they had weapons. Oh, well... Bash the French. :beer:

"...No one was wounded by the volleys from the Kalashnikov rifles directed at La Somme, a 3,800-ton refueling ship..."

Sure sounds like they had weapons. Oh, well... Bash the French. :beer:

I call bull ****. If the pirates had been armed, the French would have surrendered to them. :lol:

PARIS – Somali pirates in two skiffs fired on a French navy vessel early Wednesday after apparently mistaking it for a commercial boat, the French military said. The French ship gave chase and captured five suspected pirates.

No one was wounded by the volleys from the Kalashnikov rifles directed at La Somme, a 3,800-ton refueling ship, French military spokesman Rear Adm. Christophe Prazuck said.

La Somme "was probably taken for a commercial ship by the two small skiffs" about 250 nautical miles (290 statute miles) off Somalia's coast, Prazuck said.

"They understood their mistake too late," he said.

One skiff fled, and La Somme pursued the second one in an hour-long chase.

"There were five suspected pirates on board. No arms, no water, no food," Prazuck said.

France is a key member of the EU's naval mission, Operation Atalanta, fighting Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden. It has aggressively tracked and caught suspected pirates and handed over at least 22 to Kenya. An additional 15 suspects were brought to France for prosecution after allegedly seizing boats belonging to French nationals.

President Nicolas Sarkozy called for tougher action against piracy last year after dozens of attacks.

You may wish to question the Adm. on this Rather than me. At one point he says they where fired on by Kalashnikov

rifles. Not small arms fire, but specifically AK-47s. Then they suddenly have no arms?

You may wish to question the Adm. on this Rather than me. At one point he says they where fired on by Kalashnikov

rifles. Not small arms fire, but specifically AK-47s. Then they suddenly have no arms?

Maybe they threw them overboard after getting chased. You know the French go easy on people like that. Just read Les Misérables.

Maybe they were just double amputees?

Are you this dumb or just playing dumb? It's not easy to tell with you.

Are you this dumb or just playing dumb? It's not easy to tell with you.

He suggested earlier that the Air Force might just "misplace" a B-2 bomber so the Israelis could use it to bomb Iran...because, you know, the US military regularly misplaces things like nuclear strike assets. And I think he was serious. :beer:

He suggested earlier that the Air Force might just "misplace" a B-2 bomber so the Israelis could use it to bomb Iran...because, you know, the US military regularly misplaces things like nuclear strike assets. And I think he was serious. :beer:

Sounds like someone's been watching too many Nicolas Cage movies.

Maybe they threw them overboard after getting chased. You know the French go easy on people like that. Just read Les Misérables.

With their food and water, of course.

If it's in their interests to do so yes. Do you really think Israel has not been been the benedfictory of some "missing" military assets? From bullets to Plutonium?

If it's in their interests to do so yes. Do you really think Israel has not been been the benedfictory of some "missing" military assets? From bullets to Plutonium?

Well, why don't we just misplace a couple SSBN's, an aircraft carrier, and a couple of tanker wings while we're at it.

It's about as easy as misplacing a strategic bomber. :beer:

That is exactly what you may want ships to look like:

"An easy target"

Nothing like having vessels undercover. Mock the French as you will, but maybe they get it. I am not saying they were posing as a commercial vessel... Yet a refueler can be misleading... But maybe we should start hiding our identity too! Catch more pirates and maybe hopefully they will have to think twice.

Sure sounds like they had weapons. Oh, well... Bash the French. :lol:

Holy crap, get a sense of humor. :beer:

Holy crap, get a sense of humor. :beer:

I didn't think he was being funny... I am not bent out of shape... He could have at least given them an ounce of credit, if it wasn't for his poor reading skills.

It is kinda funny how everyone jusy loves to bash the French when in fact they are so like us in many ways! :lol:

I didn't think he was being funny... I am not bent out of shape... He could have at least given them an ounce of credit, if it wasn't for his poor reading skills.

It is kinda funny how everyone jusy loves to bash the French when in fact they are so like us me in many ways! :wallbash:

Like changing the story in the middle? First they had AKs, then they were unarmed?