Somali Pirates attack French Navy ship

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my last trip in the states was 4 years ago and i did not look much for cheese... should i really bother the next time?

Nice attitude there froggy. No just eat the **** in the grocery stores and leave the good stuff for people without the "we are the kings of food and wine attitude". The rest of the world caught up to you a long time ago and in many areas you've been passed.

Nice attitude there froggy. No just eat the **** in the grocery stores and leave the good stuff for people without the "we are the kings of food and wine attitude". The rest of the world caught up to you a long time ago and in many areas you've been passed.

i drink lot of foreign wines and eat lot of foreign cheeses (being just at the spanish border helps!).. and eve if i think we are still number one in both, i always like to try new stuff!

so where should i look ? in the us there's not many farmers markets at the corner...

It's called research. That's the beauty of food in other areas. Searching and seeking it out and of course enjoying it. And you'd be surprised by the numbers of farmers markets in the states. Stop being lazy.

Read a book.

Visit a website

Or two

Book a trip just to try cheese and wine

That's the great thing about food. Every place has its great finds. One of my goals during my retirement is to travel the deep south in search of great southern cooking. I don't know if anyone remembers the video of Osama bin Laden talking about the success of 9-11 they were eating food off of silver trays. My response was "!@#$ you bin laden....hey, what are they eating??"

It's called research. That's the beauty of food in other areas. Searching and seeking it out and of course enjoying it. And you'd be surprised by the numbers of farmers markets in the states. Stop being lazy.

Read a book.

Visit a website

Or two

Book a trip just to try cheese and wine

That's the great thing about food. Every place has its great finds. One of my goals during my retirement is to travel the deep south in search of great southern cooking. I don't know if anyone remembers the video of Osama bin Laden talking about the success of 9-11 they were eating food off of silver trays. My response was "!@#$ you bin laden....hey, what are they eating??"

He Jim i'm not lazy!

i always try good food and new products when i travel... food and wine are about the only souvenirs we ever bring back home ... and that includes the USA... we have a huge book home about american food with lot of information about products, places etc...

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/640...-Usa-Livre.html

the only thing is that i've never looked for and really never tried good chesse in the US... be sure i'll try next time!

A lot of stuff is probably not listed in the big guides. Look for Mom and Pop run places, local grocery marts that are not part of a national chain... or stores listed as organic.... often they carry a lot of local products. But it does vary depending on region of the country where the locally grown produce is carried. Whole Foods and Wegmans are two chains that tend to carry locally grown products.

A lot of stuff is probably not listed in the big guides. Look for Mom and Pop run places, local grocery marts that are not part of a national chain... or stores listed as organic.... often they carry a lot of local products. But it does vary depending on region of the country where the locally grown produce is carried. Whole Foods and Wegmans are two chains that tend to carry locally grown products.

You know the current administration is undeniably screwing up our country when a thread about Somali Pirates turns into a lace-covered discussion about wine and cheese.

You know the current administration is undeniably screwing up our country when a thread about Somali Pirates turns into a lace-covered discussion about wine and cheese.

Because any thread about the French should only be about the two things they do well....food and wine.

BTW, staying dry down there?

Because any thread about the French should only be about the two things they do well....food and wine.

BTW, staying dry down there?

Finally getting some rain the next two days. I'm hoping we get a good soaking. We can definitely use it, especially in my town, which remains on water restrictions through the rest of this month. At least the highs are back down to the the 70s again.

Finally getting some rain the next two days. I'm hoping we get a good soaking. We can definitely use it, especially in my town, which remains on water restrictions through the rest of this month. At least the highs are back down to the the 70s again.

If what we're getting right now is headed your way, hold on to your hats.

• 7 months later...