Crabtree signs

Thoner7

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1017910...ach-6-year-deal

Doesnt say much about the terms, except some type of incentive that if he doesnt have 2 good years in the first four of the deal, we will only get 4 Mil in the 6th year of the deal.

Crabtree was awesome at TTU, best WR in the nation as a RS Freshman and RS Sophomore, but I think his rookie year is almost certain to be a wash now. Too much to learn in too little time. If Singletary even lets him see the field it will speak volumes about the kid's talent. I don't think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, but the 49ers just got alot better for years to come IMO.

Crabtree was awesome at TTU, best WR in the nation as a RS Freshman and RS Sophomore, but I think his rookie year is almost certain to be a wash now. Too much to learn in too little time. If Singletary even lets him see the field it will speak volumes about the kid's talent. I don't think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, but the 49ers just got alot better for years to come IMO.

Darn I was looking forward to the Bills drafting him in round 5 next year!

I'm not expecting huge dividends but maybe in 4 weeks he could be a viable weapon on the field.

I'm interested to see how his teammates treat him.

My guess is that all will be forgetten, by both the team and the fans.

I expect him to probably contribute a little bit in several weeks.

I'm glad the Niners got a 6th year on the deal though, since odds are, this year is a wash for him.

Singletary wants to win games and if he thinks Crabtree will help them win games he'll put him in. I don't think a lot of people in the 49ers organization will blame him as much as they will Eugene Parker.

I don't see how you can appraise Crabtree's future right now. He's coming off an injury and nobody's seen him do anything since he sustained that injury, IIRC. He's a big question mark right now. (of course we all project great things for all of the Bills draft choices. :nana: )

I'm not expecting huge dividends but maybe in 4 weeks he could be a viable weapon on the field.

I'm interested to see how his teammates treat him.

Takeo Spikes said the players understand he's just doing what he has to do. He said that about a month ago, IIRC. I think they'll say they're glad to see him and pat him on the back.

BTW, Eugene Parker is shooting himself in the foot. I heard one of the talking heads, I forget who, that had been a former GM about agents and draft picks. He said if one player is graded slightly less than another player the one with the agent that's easier to work with will be drafted. Granted that's not much difference but it IS a difference. The difference in player grades and their agents might begin to widen more with Parker, JMO.