For all you Gruden Fans

mabden

I am also a Gruden lover and feel that the Bills organization as a whole could use a Chucky shot in the a$$. Jauron is too much of a nice guy.

And for all of those critics of Gruden not babying his players...I don't seem to recall Parcells giving a rats beehind about an athletes frail ego.

He is doing an oustanding job on MNF and if he wasn't going to go back to coaching, I really feel that he may be the eventual heir to Madden.

Ooooo...there, I said it.

When it comes to actual sports reporting and columns (not their fantasy sports content), yahoo definitely scrapes the bottom of the barrel when it comes to its employees.

Actually, I somewhat agree with the piece. At present, Gruden is a cliche merchant -- almost as if he's afraid to take viewers into the weeds. It's like he's checking it down every play instead of trying to make a play in the deep middle.

I really like Gruden as an announcer, Jaws is OK, can't remeber who the third guy is

at the moment. Not sure how he would be as a coach, but his track record does speak

for itself.

I was talking to my Brother about him, and I mentioned that I liked him as an announcer,

and he seems to give the Bills some lovin from time to time, he said, awe, he does that with

everyone, so I started to pay attention, and my brother is right, he really spreads the love

around, but I still like him, I like his fire. The only thing is, he has to stop talkng like he is

friggin John Wayne or something.

My wife has recently been getting to like football a little more. When gruden broke out with some jargon like...

"Look at this play, zipline, ghost, free-out, left razzle." She looked at me and said "I cannot believe you can keep track of all that stuff."

The only thing said in the article that I agree with, is Gruden is a little above the viewers' head. But that does not happen too often.

MNF has a great crew in the booth.

I liked him to..hated Tony K. Whats weird is really dislike Miller in most things, and have been Tony fan since moving to DC in 88. Just didn't like him doing games

I liked Miller way better then Kornhole, but Dennis was obviously lit for a few of those games that

he did, but it kinda added to his overall performance. I would think that it wouldn't be unusual to

maybe down a couple to calm the nerves, before a broadcast, but it sounded like Dennis was binging.

I think Gruden's going to the Washington Redskins. Him and Dan Snyder are too good a match. The Bills will be probably get a chance at John Fox, Mike Holmgren or one of the "hot" assistant coaches if the big name coaches all take a pass on Buffalo.

Really? I'm not a Michael Silver fan, but Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, Gordon Edes and Jeff Passan are among the best in the business -- fistfuls of APSEs and BASW stories between those four -- and Charles Robinson has broken several NFL stories.

OTOH, Shutdown Corner strikes me as an attempt to capture the PFT/AOL Fanhouse market, and I'm not impressed.

I agree with respect to Wetzel (most fo the time), Wojo and Edes, but I am no fan of Passan. His anti-Yankee bias comes out in every article he writes.

I agree with respect to Wetzel (most fo the time), Wojo and Edes, but I am no fan of Passan. His anti-Yankee bias comes out in every article he writes.

Wild guess here -- but you wouldn't by any chance be a Yankees fan, would you?

Really? I'm not a Michael Silver fan, but Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, Gordon Edes and Jeff Passan are among the best in the business -- fistfuls of APSEs and BASW stories between those four -- and Charles Robinson has broken several NFL stories.

OTOH, Shutdown Corner strikes me as an attempt to capture the PFT/AOL Fanhouse market, and I'm not impressed.

I dont know any particular writers there except Charles Robinson, one of the worst writers on the intrawebs, but i stay away from yahoo's "sports" coverage because i've found the majority of articles as crap. I'll take CNNSI or Foxsports any day of the week.

I dont know any particular writers there except Charles Robinson, one of the worst writers on the intrawebs, but i stay away from yahoo's "sports" coverage because i've found the majority of articles as crap. I'll take CNNSI or Foxsports any day of the week.

Fox? Kriegel's great (and funny as hell in person) and Glazer breaks a ton of news, but Whitlock is an acquired taste. Marvez I can take or leave, and there's not much on the bench behind him.

I think Gruden's going to the Washington Redskins. Him and Dan Snyder are too good a match. The Bills will be probably get a chance at John Fox, Mike Holmgren or one of the "hot" assistant coaches if the big name coaches all take a pass on Buffalo.

Somebody got the jist of the article as it relates to the Bills. Will RW get in a bidding war with Washigton or Dallas over Gruden?

In my perfect world, RW would fire Dick and hire Gruden today. However, reality says RW will sit on his hands, what for the season to end and the coaching merry-go-round to start and hire some nobody and/or has been claiming he can't compete with the likes of Snyder and Jones for top dollar, top shelf coaching.