Losman starts his new season this Thursday

Got_Wood

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also predicted that the 2009 Bills would go 19-0.

I've been predicting 19-0 every season since I joined this site in 2003, and even before that. <_<

One of these years I'll be right and you'll all say, :nana: "F!@#$k, The Senator really knows his football!"

(But the 'JP-thing' will happen first - probably not next season, but in 2011. :lol: )

I've been predicting 19-0 every season since I joined this site in 2003, and even before that. <_<

One of these years I'll be right and you'll all say, :nana: "F!@#$k, The Senator really knows his football!"

(But the 'JP-thing' will happen first - probably not next season, but in 2011. :lol: )

13 and 3, baby!!!

GO BILLS!!!

I've been predicting 19-0 every season since I joined this site in 2003, and even before that. :lol:

One of these years I'll be right and you'll all say, :beer: "F!@#$k, The Senator really knows his football!"

No. It'll be more like, "A broken clock still tells the right time twice a day." :)

(But the 'JP-thing' will happen first - probably not next season, but in 2011. B-) )

Are you, by any chance, expecting a nuclear war between now and then? That could have the effect of wiping out the existing QB talent in the NFL, thereby making room for JP.

No. It'll be more like, "A broken clock still tells the right time twice a day." :lol:

Are you, by any chance, expecting a nuclear war between now and then? That could have the effect of wiping out the existing QB talent in the NFL, thereby making room for JP.

Why don't you just go back to inventing more of your own convoluted, retarded, and absolutely invalid statistical formulae in your stupid, futile, and utterly ignorant quest to prove correct your own preposterous, bone-headed claim that Kelly Holcomb was our best QB? :beer:

Why don't you just go back to inventing more of your own convoluted, retarded, and absolutely invalid statistical formulae in your stupid, futile, and utterly ignorant quest to prove correct your own preposterous, bone-headed claim that Kelly Holcomb was our best QB? :beer:

If you would like to accuse me of having made specific statistical errors, by all means do so. If you expect me to take your criticisms seriously, you'll need to point out the alleged specific errors, explain what you would have done differently, and rigorously defend your alternative methodology. But for you to make vague, unsupported, fact-free accusations about my statistical methodology leaves you wide open to the criticism that, frankly, you're just throwing stuff out there in the forlorn hope that some of it might stick.

To address the other portion of your post. Back in 2005, I'd wanted Holcomb to be the Bills' starting QB over the short-term, with a high draft pick used on his replacement. In the weeks leading up to the 2006 draft, I suggested that the Bills use their 8th overall draft pick to take Jay Cutler. Please explain to me why, in your world, you think I deserve to have egg on my face for any of that! :lol:

Given that Losman's near-term career plans involve the Las Vegas Locomotives, don't you think that rabid Losman supporters, such as yourself, have more than a little egg on your faces? Were I in your shoes, I'd be deeply concerned about salmonella poisoning.

If you would like to accuse me of having made specific statistical errors, by all means blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I'm neither smart, nor witty, nor clever, I'm lousy at math, and I know nothing - absolutely nothing - about statistics or football, but I love Kelly Holcomb..

fixed.

Senator, not that you should care but I like you and think that you are a very good poster. That said, you think that Losman is good and Peters sucks. At the same time, you are breaking EA's ba!!s about his football opinions. Just something to think about, no? :lol:

Senator, not that you should care but I like you and think that you are a very good poster. That said, you think that Losman is good and Peters sucks. At the same time, you are breaking EA's ba!!s about his football opinions. Just something to think about, no? :beer:

Not exactly, Bill - EA was busting my balls.

FWIW, I think that Losman has the potential to be good, and certainly has more raw talent than Edwards, but - like Edwards - suffered from terrible coaching. Given a choice, I'd still coose JP over 'Trenters'. So would Bob DiCesare...

Call me nuts, but with Lee Evans and T.O. on the flanks, J.P. Losman would be a better fit on the Bills than Trent Edwards. The Bills might still go down, but at least they'd go down slinging. Right, Lee? But at least the franchise gave Edwards some peace of mind by bringing in a backup quarterback who poses no threat to his starting job. Brilliant, that was.

link

(And, I believe Lee Evans - who's certainly better qualified than me, you, or DiCesare - would also opt for Losman over Edwards.)

Peters, well, him I just don't like - largely because of the holdout, the way he let his teammates down, and his half-assed play and attitude once the Bills made clear they wouldn't be held hostage by the a-hole. Not saying he's not good, just that he's not the God everyone says he is, and is definitely not worth what the Eagles paid him. I think the Bills - in the long run - will have gotten the best of that trade.

fixed.

My expectations for you were low. Very low. But not, apparently, low enough.

In my wilder flights of fancy, I've sometimes entertained vague suppositions that my utter disdain for you, and contempt for your postings and opinions, might, conceivably, have been misplaced. The substance-free, puerile nature of your response helped put those doubts to rest. So thank you.

My expectations for you were blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

fixed.

For everyone on here bashing J.P...I would like an answer to this question.

If J.P Losman was such a bad QB.... how do explain the fact that in his 3rd season as a starter he threw for 3,051yds, 19 tds, 14 ints, had a 62.5% completion percentage, and a QB rating of 84.9??

I believe if you have the talent to put up those kind of numbers for an entire season then you can at least be a backup in the NFL. J.P was never going to be a franchise QB, and there is no doubt that he regressed in his last two seasons, but he was also handled much differently than Edwards.

For everyone on here bashing J.P...I would like an answer to this question.

If J.P Losman was such a bad QB.... how do explain the fact that in his 3rd season as a starter he threw for 3,051yds, 19 tds, 14 ints, had a 62.5% completion percentage, and a QB rating of 84.9??

I believe if you have the talent to put up those kind of numbers for an entire season then you can at least be a backup in the NFL. J.P was never going to be a franchise QB, and there is no doubt that he regressed in his last two seasons, but he was also handled much differently than Edwards.

Kordell Stewart also had a good season. Losman's good year came because the team radically simplified the offense, and relied on a lot of long bombs to Evans. Which worked well for a while. But teams learned that when you play Losman, you double cover Evans to take away the long bomb, and you dare him to beat you with the underneath stuff. When a defense does that, Losman will still make a play here and there. But, over the course of the game, the offense will fizzle and be unproductive.

As far as Edwards being "handled differently"--Losman was allowed to stay on the bench for his entire rookie year. (With the exception of just three plays.) Edwards got thrown into the fire his rookie year.

During Losman's first year as a starter, he got pulled in and out of the starting lineup. Ditto for Edwards in his first year as starter. How, specifically, do you feel the coaching staff has treated the two quarterbacks differently?

Trent won't be on ANY bench if he continues to play as he has. Now to my counterpoint The Steelers had a MUCH better team than the Bills & the Falcons also got a PRETTY GOOD RB in Turner the same year Ryan was drafted. Talking about Ryan............................in his short career he has proven to be MUCH BETTER than Trent.

Ryan is ONLY good because he has a good coach. Just like Trent only sucks because he has a bad one! LOL

Kordell Stewart also had a good season. Losman's good year came because the team radically simplified the offense, and relied on a lot of long bombs to Evans. Which worked well for a while. But teams learned that when you play Losman, you double cover Evans to take away the long bomb, and you dare him to beat you with the underneath stuff. When a defense does that, Losman will still make a play here and there. But, over the course of the game, the offense will fizzle and be unproductive.

As far as Edwards being "handled differently"--Losman was allowed to stay on the bench for his entire rookie year. (With the exception of just three plays.) Edwards got thrown into the fire his rookie year.

During Losman's first year as a starter, he got pulled in and out of the starting lineup. Ditto for Edwards in his first year as starter. How, specifically, do you feel the coaching staff has treated the two quarterbacks differently?

SOOOOO...what was Trent's good season again? JP broke his leg in camp and was out for WEEKS. There was no way he was going to start. It's not like they were "bringing him along slowly". And NO, Edwards was not pulled in and out. He got hurt!

Edwards was never benched due to poor performance, as was Losman during the '05 season. I may be wrong, but Edwards was injured/inactive for the games that he didn't start during the '07 season...except for maybe the Jacksonville game. The Edwards was thrown into the fire arguement really doesn't apply here either. I believe being given a vote of confidence by your Head Coach is more so a positive than a negative. Also, J.P was injured during most of training camp and the beginning of the season, and Drew Bledose was the starting QB. I'm not a Losman homer, but sending J.P Losman to the bench like Trent did is a lot easier than sending Drew Bledose to the bench.

I feel Edwards should start this whole season, just like J.P did his third season. However, if Edwards were to be handled the same way J.P was, Edwards would have had to been benched for at least a couple of games in his career due to poor peformance.