Why can Aaron Rodgers still..

Bills14

Complete 70 % of his passes for over 380 yards against a top defense on the road in a divisional game while getting sacked 8 times? There seems to be a lot of people still out there blaming the line and everyone else but Edwards for his play recently. Watching last nights game showed me what a real quarterback can do when hes not afraid to hang in the pocket. Edwards needs to realize hes probly going to get hit anyways so he might as well complete a pass. And to those who blame his lack of pocket presence on the line, did anyone catch Rodgers actually STEPPING UP and moving around....sure the line is a problem, but a real quarterback finds ways to overcome...

Complete 70 % of his passes for over 380 yards against a top defense on the road in a divisional game while getting sacked 8 times? There seems to be a lot of people still out there blaming the line and everyone else but Edwards for his play recently. Watching last nights game showed me what a real quarterback can do when hes not afraid to hang in the pocket. Edwards needs to realize hes probly going to get hit anyways so he might as well complete a pass. And to those who blame his lack of pocket presence on the line, did anyone catch Rodgers actually STEPPING UP and moving around....sure the line is a problem, but a real quarterback finds ways to overcome...

Good post but many here are blaming Edwards for most of the O's problems.

The difference is Rodgers was hitting his WR's and TE's in stride, he had great velocity and accuracy on many of his throws. But the biggest difference i saw is Rodgers has confidence, something i havent seen from Edwards this year.

Because Rodgers is a better QB.

After thinking about it the last couple of days, I think these are the reasons Trent is not and will never be a franchise qb:

Below average presence in pocket

Doesnt manipulate defense w pump fakes, they manipulate him/ easy to read for cbs to jump routs

Doesnt know how to throw the ball where only his WR can get it, if a Wr is covered he doesnt throw to him

Cannot extend the play and buy time

Unfortunately, all of these things cannot really be taught. His feel for the game does not seem to be where it needs to be.

I'm pretty sure that's a recipe for failure :flirt:

Edwards just doesnt have the arm or ability to analyze a situation quickly. I hate when people say Trent can throw the deep ball because he had some long completions. When you think about his long completions they are all the exact same throw, a 3 step toss up the sideline. These kinds of throws do not constitute a strong arm in my book. He can't throw a post, he can't throw a deep out, the only throw he can make beyond 15-20 yards is a 35-45 yard toss up the sidelines. grant it it may take some ability to make a throw like that, but in reality most high school quarterbacks can take a snap, take 3 steps back, and throw it as far as they can up the sideline. Those throws do not show arm strength at all IMO.

Not defending Edwards but don't forget Rodgers was brought along old school..

He wasn't thrown right into the starting line up. He was a high pick but sat

behind and learned from Brett Favre for a few years.

I know Edwards wasn't thrown right in but Rodgers had the advantage of coming along slowly

and having a great example to learn from.

It was Edwards and the O-Lines fault, but either way, no matter how you slice it, there is no excuse for an offensive line to give up 8 sacks in one game.

EXACTLY Yes the O-line stinks, but a good QB can work around that. And we have better RB's than Rogers to open up the passing game with.

Not defending Edwards but don't forget Rodgers was brought along old school..

He wasn't thrown right into the starting line up. He was a high pick but sat

behind and learned from Brett Favre for a few years.

I know Edwards wasn't thrown right in but Rodgers had the advantage of coming along slowly

and having a great example to learn from.

not saying that you personally are defending Edwards, but thats just another one of the excuses that people will use to defend Edwards.....Flacco,Ryan,Sanchez are just a few of the QB's who were "thrown into the fire" that seem to have a much better presence on the field than Edwards has shown, i understand its hard to admit ANOTHER QB isnt the answer, but what is the point of holding on to hope with this guy.....aside from the fact that we have no choice for now

He has been in the same offensive system since his rookie year. He had time to learn the system without any pressure while sitting behind a future hall of famer. Any other questions?

Maybe Green Bays offensive line is better, or maybe their receivers do a better job of getting open, or maybe Edwards is running the plays that are given to him, or maybe his hair was in his eyes, or maybe...

not saying that you personally are defending Edwards, but thats just another one of the excuses that people will use to defend Edwards.....Flacco,Ryan,Sanchez are just a few of the QB's who were "thrown into the fire" that seem to have a much better presence on the field than Edwards has shown, i understand its hard to admit ANOTHER QB isnt the answer, but what is the point of holding on to hope with this guy.....aside from the fact that we have no choice for now

I agree...the other part is this..

Flacco, Ryan, Sanchez...all high 1st round picks...all have crazy contracts..

TE, 3rd rounder...3rd round $'s

If he were of the caliber of these other guys he would have gone in the top 15 of the 1st rd.

You get what you pay for...hard to find a diamond in the ruff..or 3rd round these days.

Guest three3

i was the one posting last season about how i would take rodgers over the glove wearing mary any damn day. and you all ripped me a new one for speaking my mind which turned out to be the truth. just like most of you ripped me when i first joined this board and blasted dick jauron as the team's weak link, just like most of you did when i predicted a '09-'10 3-13 season

i was the one posting last season about how i would take rodgers over the glove wearing mary any damn day. and you all ripped me a new one for speaking my mind which turned out to be the truth. just like most of you ripped me when i first joined this board and blasted dick jauron as the team's weak link, just like most of you did when i predicted a '09-'10 3-13 season

Wow! You're smart.

Edwards just doesnt have the arm or ability to analyze a situation quickly. I hate when people say Trent can throw the deep ball because he had some long completions. When you think about his long completions they are all the exact same throw, a 3 step toss up the sideline. These kinds of throws do not constitute a strong arm in my book. He can't throw a post, he can't throw a deep out, the only throw he can make beyond 15-20 yards is a 35-45 yard toss up the sidelines. grant it it may take some ability to make a throw like that, but in reality most high school quarterbacks can take a snap, take 3 steps back, and throw it as far as they can up the sideline. Those throws do not show arm strength at all IMO.

Very good post and I think it applies to Edwards. He can't seem to put enough on the ball on certain passes.

Many years ago, I heard Joe Theisman say that about Steve Stenstrom during a Sunday night game on ESPN. He said something to the effect that he couldn't throw the skinny post because he was too skinny or lacked the body thickness to make that throw.

I think throwing a deep out with the right arc is the best indicator of great arm strength. However, there are not too many players in NFL history who can't make that throw.