"The Bills will be this way until Wilson passes away"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then by all means, enlighten us all with insight not already !@#$ed out. Please, tell us what Thurman knows that people here don't already think.

Or else cite for me the time Thurman espoused on this theory, detailing to the fans just exactly what Ralph is doing to prevent our offense from playing well, because make no mistake, this isn't a team issue, it's an offense one. So, please, what exactly is Ralph doing to hinder our offense.

And again, please offer insight only someone well ingrained in the organization could.

Yes, it was the offense that allowed 250+ rushing yards yesterday.. and almost 10 yards per carry in the wildcat..

Wonder where Ralph got those dollars to pay TT? Certainly not his savings..

He didn't get it from gate receipts, either. Back then, all salaries were covered by the TV deal alone. With a good piece of change left over.

GO BILLS!!!

Our cheerleaders in high school once made a sign for us that said:

"Our spirt is sky high!"

I was at Smith Corona in Cortland once and they had just produced thousands of pens that said:

Smith-Corona, Writing The Futrue!

Indeed.

and after he passes theres a good chance bills wont be here anymore. kind of a "lose-lose" situation for the fans

I used to think that. But then it dawned on me. When Modell pulled his little midnight move out of Cleveland, the town made sure he couldn't take the name "Browns" with him. I'm not sure, but I bet the people in Baltimore were more than happy to give the team a brand new identity. This will probably be the case if the Bills organization gets bought by the Toronto people, as even more than the "Baltimore Browns", imagine how STUPID the "Toronto Bills" would sound. No, my guess is, if Ralph just rides this out and passes away and his spoiled brats sell to the Rogers folks, we will have the BILLS franchise opportunity available for the next expansion, provided Kelly/Thomas/Talley can get the support they need (Golisano?) to bring the Bills back to Buffalo.

I can see it.

It's one thing for a coulmnist to say it. OR even a fan. But Thurman's bank account is filled with dollars--and most of those came from Ralph Wilson Jr.

I think a few other owners during his time would have gladly paid him handsomely to have him on their team.

That's the thing with Thurman, Kelly, Talley etc... winners on the field, knew what it took to win games... ****, they're more passionate than these meatheads in navy blue... Jauron, his adopted son Trent Strawberry Shortcake Edwards... Kirk Chambers saying "there's a plenty a learnin that we need and alotta learnin we can take from this one"...

this team certainly has a passion for learnin...weekly they get wrapped up in the learnin bit... maybe a bit lacking in the comprehension part.

and well, it was hot out there too...that's Miami for ya. :unsure:

Well, right or not, Thurman is kind of a dick for saying it...

Just because they are former players, doesn't mean that they can't be fans like we are, and me personally-I am fed up with the way the ownership has run this team into the ground, a total joke around the NFL. Sadly, what Thurman said is the truth, like it or not.

Seriously. I love Bills fans for being so loyal to their team.

Wilson brought the Bills to Buffalo. His team went to the Superbowl 4 times. His team won 2 AFL championships. He deserves credit for all of those things and I certainly am not taking that away from his legacy.

But, this is the only franchise that I'm aware of in the history of sports whose fans are willing to apologize and defend an owner who is a huge reason the team has been a joke for the past 10 years.

Some of you might say, "we are not defending him, just noting it isn't fair to talk about his demise in the context of it being good for the franchise".

Well listen, its the truth! This is not to wish ill on Ralph, but its a hill all of us have to get over. Thurman was just telling it like it is.

I've said it before and I will say it again, there quite simply is ONE common denominator over the past 15 years. And his initials are RW. Curse my name if you want. But at this point in time, we should all be cursing his.

Nothing to curse you about, your statement is the exact same feeling I have. Ralph did some great things in the past, whether it is his age, money or whatever, he hasn't been a good owner for well over a decade. I appreciate what he has done over the years, but until he leaves it won't get any better. It has been over a decade since this team was in the playoffs, and that year, from all that I have read, was ruined by RW when he demanded that Wade Phillips play Rob Johnson instead of Doug Flutie. They keep changing Coaches, GM's, players, cheerleaders, popcorn salesmen, etc., but nothing changes, because of the one constant through all of this misery-RW.

I agree. Ralph was very good to TT over the years. No need for this.

Can we, please, make it a new Board Policy that any thread started that wishes for the death of someone or quotes someone else wishing for the death of someone to be deleted immediately? Please.

I haven't read the rest of this thread and won't. I'm exercising my right to ignore it. However, it still sits there on the board and it's highly distasteful and just plain wrong to see a thread openly wishing for the death of someone, especially the one man responsible for the last 50 years of football in Buffalo.

My suggestion for all those that want to see Ralph pass that are sick of seeing this team on the field; find another team. It would be far more tasteful and do less damage to your soul.

Thomas is right of course, but there isn't much point in piling on an old man. He's 91 and likely beyond the capacity to do anything but let this rudderless ship continue to drift.

As scary as it is to think that the Bills might leave once he dies, it's even scarier to think what happens if he lives another ten years.

Right on, Thurmal.

And this clown made the HOF this year, unreal. :unsure:

He made the HOF for what he did 50 years ago, and the fact that it is the 50th anniversary of the AFL. If they were to base it on the last decade or so, they would have put him in the "No Clue Clown Wing" in Canton.

the hell he is

finally someone has the balls to tell it like it is...

Ralph is a cheap POS and it's unfair to loyal Bills fans who deserve a half way decent team

No more protecting Ralph.. he is a major problem

I totally agree, if everyone, fans, former players, etc. just keep their frustration to themselves and go around smiling like all is well in Billstown, nothing will ever change. A little pressure needs to be put on these clowns, and the more famous the person saying it, the more pressure it is. Now we need about 150 more ex-Bills coming out with their frustrations besides just Talley and Thurman. Maybe the commissioner can suspend the owner and everyone else at OBD for conduct detrimental to Bills fans, the reputation of the NFL and for such embarrassing performances that even the biggest Bills fans get sick watching it.

This thread is about WISHING someone dead????? :unsure:

Because to me, it's about the reality of the Bills situation becoming clear to everybody that Ralph has decided to do little to nothing to actually produce a winner in decades, now, and has consistently held the bottom line up as the most important thing, proving that he has forever been a businessman first and a Bills Fan, well, not first. I wouldn't even put it as a close second, because his kids' future is placed higher than the Bills success, as well.

And that's fine, if your business is baked beans or car parts. Not if you are part of a professional sports world. And the other owners who have placed the success of their teams as far down the totem pole as Ralph has have teams that are equally atrocious to watch.

If this thread gets deleted it will only be because some people here are so afraid of going to Hell that they can't bring themselves to even mention someone's eventual passing as a possible positive in terms of their team's success, in that it would open the door for the change necessary to bring in people who want to WIN more than they want to leave a huge mansion for their kiddies.

It's called being a sports fanatic, and that should always be the main reason why someone buys a sports franchise. Allowing someone who has the success of the team as a lower priority than profit to buy into a professional league like the NFL is only spelling the end of sports as we know it.

Yes, it was the offense that allowed 250+ rushing yards yesterday.. and almost 10 yards per carry in the wildcat..

Nope, the offense is definitely the problem. Anyone with any iota of sense will tell you that.

And if you WERE expecting anything from a defense playing Marcus Buggs at MLB, a converted WR at SS and a rookie (in his first ever start) at FS, well then I guess not much sense should be expected from you in the first place.

My suggestion is to grow a pair. The thread is not "PLEASE RALPH DIE". It was a fact stated by one of the more famous Bills of all time. If there are posts on here that say, I hope Ralph dies. Yes that is distasteful. And I agree with that.

BUT

Thurman did not wish Ralph's demise. He simply stated a fact. If you disagree with his statement, that is totally fine. I happen to agree with the two premises that led to Thurman's point:

1) Ralph Wilson will not sell the team during his lifetime.

2) Ralph Wilson will not change.

The conclusion is "The Bills will [not change] until Wilson passes away".

Do you disagree with that?

If it takes the death of someone for this franchise to turn around... well then may I watch an 0-16 team every year.

I've posted more in this type thread than I ever intended, so I'll say no more about it. Other than, it's truly a disgrace what this fanbase is becoming. And that is perhaps the most troubling outcome of the last few years.