"The Bills will be this way until Wilson passes away"

This thread is about WISHING someone dead????? :blink:

Because to me, it's about the reality of the Bills situation becoming clear to everybody that Ralph has decided to do little to nothing to actually produce a winner in decades, now, and has consistently held the bottom line up as the most important thing, proving that he has forever been a businessman first and a Bills Fan, well, not first. I wouldn't even put it as a close second, because his kids' future is placed higher than the Bills success, as well.

And that's fine, if your business is baked beans or car parts. Not if you are part of a professional sports world. And the other owners who have placed the success of their teams as far down the totem pole as Ralph has have teams that are equally atrocious to watch.

If this thread gets deleted it will only be because some people here are so afraid of going to Hell that they can't bring themselves to even mention someone's eventual passing as a possible positive in terms of their team's success, in that it would open the door for the change necessary to bring in people who want to WIN more than they want to leave a huge mansion for their kiddies.

It's called being a sports fanatic, and that should always be the main reason why someone buys a sports franchise. Allowing someone who has the success of the team as a lower priority than profit to buy into a professional league like the NFL is only spelling the end of sports as we know it.

I agree with your statements in bold. I read a very interesting piece by Lee Jenkins of Sports Illustrated (you can read it here) on the way Mike Illitch owns and operates the Detroit Tigers. Now, the Tigers are not the best of teams, but they try and have had some success lately, since Illitch owned them. Detroit is a similar market to Buffalo and I think many of the statements are appropriate allusions to the Bills. The most interesting quote was the following:

As one major league executive puts it, "Their owner doesn't operate from a profit-and-loss standpoint. He treats the team more like a public trust."

Thats what a sports team is, its more than a business; it is a public trust. And, after yesterday, I'm beginning to lose faith. C'mon Ralph...you invested $25,000 or whatever 50 years ago. Your return to your estate will at least be $750 million. Pretty nice right? Lets spend some cash and go out with a bang....public trust, public trust, public trust, c'mon say it with me Ralph...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a major fan revolt to wake those idiots up. I wish RW would do one last thing for the fans and just clean house now and bring in some real competent football people. How can he not see what is so obvious to everyone else? When former players (Thomas and Talley) start speaking out harshly, it's got to be a wake up call. People are literally BEGGING for something to be done.

Everyone dies at some point, that is just the way it is. Poor taste to wish it comes soon for someone? Probably, but I can see the frustration.