Local Media...

BamBam

Yes, a newspaper is going to ok a round trip ticket to send a sportswriter to ask an ancient absentee team owner for a meaningless cliche to quote.

Well, there was a day when something like that would have been in the budget. However, given the economy such as it is and given that they probably can't even afford to send a reporter to Washington, DC to get quotes that really matter, I'm sure they won't bother with sports -- and probably shouldn't.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that would mean they would have to actually pick up a telephone or, gasp, get on a flight to Detroit. That would be real journalism and we can't have any of that. So, we'll just continue to get the regurgitations of the press conferences.

In the article they said, " He was outside the locker room." He does have a house in Florida.

It sounds like he isn't going to fire him this week. When is Wilson going to wake up and realize DEAD HEAD DICK is a LOSER?

In the article they said, " He was outside the locker room." He does have a house in Florida.

It sounds like he isn't going to fire him this week. When is Wilson going to wake up and realize DEAD HEAD DICK is a LOSER?

He's in Del Boca Vista, Phase 3.

Who in the local media is reaching out to Brandon and Wilson for comments about this game, and the state of thier team?

I'm not in Buffalo so its hard to know if any of the local outlets are making attempts to get answers from the people that matter....as sad as that may be.

Hopefully someone from the Buffalo News or Nationally comes up with a story about Ralphie's opinion. Count out WGR from giving us anything good since Hockey started on Saturday. WGR will now begin their man love affair with the Sabres and we now have 10 months of 24-7 Sabres talk to look forward to.

If you can't coach a team to win at least one game in your division....You need to go. Enough said. :lol:

I actually agree with this. He should have followed up those stupid answers with even more direct questions. They need to start going after Brandon too.

They can't - according to the article, Berchtold or one of his cronies cut off the conversation and hurriedly rushed RW away. Standard procedure for them.

Sarcasm, a joke.

I may be reading too much into it but it could mean that he considers his product a employee of the fans who actually buy the tickets, merchandise, etc etc and KNOW they are not happy.

Of course he isn't going to lose his job.....its his team.....he could however lose his backers a.k.a. the fans.....that possibly could be what he is saying.....

It would not shock me to see changes made this week.......

I can't remember a Bills game when I wished that the opposing team would score 50+ against us, while the game was in progress. That way, there wouldn't be any guessing or carping about whether or not Jauron would be fired, it would just happen.

Even if you install a bad interim coach for Jauron, it might wake some players up, especially if the new coach started coaching instead of some kind of bizzaro Miss Congeniality contest. Most of the players on this team wouldn't make another squad in the NFL. At the end of the season, replace the interim, who will, no doubt, be unable to turn things around, with someone of esteem.

Sack the organization too. Brandon can be kept on to do the thing he was trained to do - marketing. Lock him in his bloody office.

They can't - according to the article, Berchtold or one of his cronies cut off the conversation and hurriedly rushed RW away. Standard procedure for them.

I saw that, but I would have fired another 2 or 3 while he was walking away, just to let them know that I'd be bringing those questions to the next PC that they have.

I saw that, but I would have fired another 2 or 3 while he was walking away, just to let them know that I'd be bringing those questions to the next PC that they have.

It's Wilson's team! Why the hell is ANYONE rushing the owner off the podium? Ralph should have said "get your hands off me, next question please". Ralph is being "handled" just like our worthless political leaders -- too much.