Cameron Wake > Maybin

Anyone else notice that a CFL refugee and fellow-Penn State alum Cameron Wake far outplayed our #11 pick. What were we thinking picking the second coming of Erik Flowers?

All I see and hear from Maybin is a big grin on his face, smiling, laughing and NO production. Wonder if Bill Parcells would wipe that smile off his face if Maybin was a nonproducer for the Dolphins.

I know it's early in the kid's career but the contrast between Wake and Maybin (who have similar speed-off-the-edge-rush games) was stunning today.

well Maybin would probably have a good game too if he got to face the Bills tackles

Oher was the logical smart pick which is probably why the Bills didnt take him....i dont get why you take a guy at #11 who has zero chance of starting this or next year or maybe even any year

well Maybin would probably have a good game too if he got to face the Bills tackles

Oher was the logical smart pick which is probably why the Bills didnt take him....i dont get why you take a guy at #11 who has zero chance of starting this or next year or maybe even any year

Exactly. Why draft someone who can contribute on every down....even our starters don't contribute on every down.

Anyone else notice that a CFL refugee and fellow-Penn State alum Cameron Wake far outplayed our #11 pick. What were we thinking picking the second coming of Erik Flowers?

All I see and hear from Maybin is a big grin on his face, smiling, laughing and NO production. Wonder if Bill Parcells would wipe that smile off his face if Maybin was a nonproducer for the Dolphins.

I know it's early in the kid's career but the contrast between Wake and Maybin (who have similar speed-off-the-edge-rush games) was stunning today.

Stop crying!!!! Do I like the pick...I don't know, but what has Orakpo, Ayers, Barwin etc. done???? Any answer? He's young and talented. I'll go buy you a box of tissues

As painful as things are right now, I really think it is too early to jump to conclusions four games into the season. If he improves each week, then we'll see what he can do. Also, Eric Wood and Andy Levitre seem to be good picks in this years draft so that is a positive.

Come on, get serious. Wake (whover the heck he is) was lining up against tackles today that could not start for Lancaster High School. Remember how good every back up DE looked for the Bills in the preseason? Well, Mr. Wizard, both Scott and Chambers are exactly the type of OT's those back up DE's played against during the preseason :w00t::thumbdown:

Perry Fool thinks that Maybin is "not ready" to replace Denny or Kelsay in the rotation. Fool will not figure out creative ways to use his speed and talent, because Fool plays his schemes and packages, and that's it. I did watch one bull rush by Maybin that resulted in a sack. This Maybin kid will be a Pro Bowl player in the NFL - most likely before Cameron Wake gets voted into one anyway! Next week superstar Cameron will be forced to go up against a real NFL caliber OT, and he will disapear just as fast as every other struggling rookie DE does in most of their games as they learn to play one of the toughest positions.

You realise that Cameron Wake was taken from the CFL because he was playing so well NFL teams were trying to sign him away? He was one of the best defensive players in the CFL, and he had a great game against a Bills team playing backups (one a guy they cut during the preseason) at BOTH tackle positions.

Maybin on the other hand missed the entire preseason. He deserves some flack for missing the preseason and not being ready to start/play, but its pretty early to call him a bust. Also Denney and Kelsay have played well recently along with Schoabel, but hey, lets continue to run them out of town

Agreed. Offer Wake more money and draft Oher. Get a pash rusher and an offensive tackle that can grow with Wood/Levitre. Ravens are a smart FO. Remember Ngata (not to mention Flacco).

I'll say it again...

Maybin will look MUCH better next Season playing OLB in a 3-4 with Ellis on the other side...He's not a 4-3 End...At least not in this League...But I think He'll shine in a 3-4...We'll just have to wait I guess...

two words, michael oher............................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................