Who will succeed Jauron?

cmjoyce113

Everyone is so fast to assume Jauron is getting fired after this year...fine I will play along and honestly could care less either way at this point. If he stays we suck. If he goes we tread water as a crappy team for 3 more years and repeat.

Everyone loves to throw out Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan, Marty, Holmgren. These are all great names but none would ever come to Buffalo even if Ralph were to pay them.

So now that I've said that piece, who do you think should be the next coach of the Bills that would actually come to Buffalo? I am not so sure we can find many takers on this job.

Interested in hearing your thoughts though.

sorry to rain on your parade, but we (THE BILLS) are cheap. Look at our past history of coaches: greg williams, mularkey, and then mauron. Not really a big name there, expect a NO NAME to replace mauron.

My choice would be gruden, but will never happen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is a great topic. Let's assume money is no object and leaving college coaches out of it except for one, here's my top 10 list.

1. Bill Cowher

2. John Gruden

3. Charlie Weis

4. Mike Holmgren

5. Mike Shannahan

6. Brian Billick

7. Ted Cottrell

8. Brian (Son of Marty) Schottenheimer

9. Jim Haslett

10. Jason Garrett

That said, Ralph will probably bring back Marv Levy or hire someone nobody has ever heard of that has never coached in the NFL. Depending on the Sabres season, Lindy Ruff may be available, change things up a little.

I would love to see John "Chucky" Gruden. I think he'd be a perfect coach for this rag-tag operation...............Ralph has to die for that to happen.

With our luck, Ralph will be alive for another 5 years, which is enough time for me to watch this garbage team lose enough to the point where I wont be interested in the least.

And if for some reason he brings Hazlet here, I will stop watching the Bills completely.

My dream coach....Tony Dungy!

Dungy or Shanahan are my top two favorites. But I think our coach next year will be Dick Jauron unless we have a complete disaster of a season and only win 4 or less games. If we are mediocre, they will make the injury excuse.

If Jauron is gone, we will get a second tier assistant like James Lofton or a retread HC like Herm Edwards or Dom Capers.

We will not land one of the top guys, although I have this wierd feeling Gruden might end up here, but I doubt it.

I started the topic because everyone is jumping to the conclusion the seasons over and Jauron is gone... I am exactly the opposite but I am just playing the game. I have only seen a couple "realistic" answers... most have been the untouchables for Buffalo.

Thank god you started this interesting topic. We haven't had one since yesterday. :thumbsup:

Crazy thought: let the season go more than 3 games. Nevermind. I MUST OVERREACT TO EVERYTHING!!!

Jauron has been the coach for a lot longer than just the last three games. There is plenty of proof in the record for him to be judged a likeable failure.