we match up very badly against Miami's Wildcat

UB2SF

Every team uses the Wildcat these days, but no one runs it as well as Ronnie Brown. With Pennington out, they'll be looking to take the heat off Henne, so I think we'll see a heavy dose of it this weekend. I'm very worried about how poorly we match up against it. Defending the Wildcat requires disciplined gap assignments up front, fortified by LBs and safeties who are stout against the run but quick enough to react to end-arounds and downfield passes. Watching Ellison, Buggs and Byrd repeatedly whiff against the Saints RBs gives me little hope that they'll hold up against Ronnie and Ricky plus Pat White occasionally split wide at WR.

Our offense better take shots downfield to run up the score, because I don't think our defense can stop the run this week. Or maybe Fewell has something up his sleeve?

Beuller? Beuller? :thumbdown:

Every team uses the Wildcat these days, but no one runs it as well as Ronnie Brown. With Pennington out, they'll be looking to take the heat off Henne, so I think we'll see a heavy dose of it this weekend. I'm very worried about how poorly we match up against it. Defending the Wildcat requires disciplined gap assignments up front, fortified by LBs and safeties who are stout against the run but quick enough to react to end-arounds and downfield passes. Watching Ellison, Buggs and Byrd repeatedly whiff against the Saints RBs gives me little hope that they'll hold up against Ronnie and Ricky plus Pat White occasionally split wide at WR.

Our offense better take shots downfield to run up the score, because I don't think our defense can stop the run this week. Or maybe Fewell has something up his sleeve?

Beuller? Beuller? :thumbdown:

We've never had problems against the Wildcat in the past. I think it just takes "discipline" in order to combat it. Honestly, I'm not too worried.

But I agree that with Henne in there, they'll probably run it a lot more.

last year we lost cause our offense couldn't score in either game. And in one of them McGee tried to play with one leg and the coaching staff let him. The Wildcat had very little to do with it.

One concern that I have with Henne now at the helm is deep passes. Wasn't really a concern with Pennington. However his inexperience should outweigh anything he has in arm strength.

the real issue is whether our offense will rebound or not

Actually, they didn't do much with it. If the Wildcat doesn't work early on they don't go back to it.

You have to play with discipline, don't try to do to much, follow the ball and don't overreact to all the movement up front.

If we defend it well they'll use the conventional offense with Henne and I like our chances there.

So if the Bills pull this win off anybody think they can still pull off a .500+ season?

I mean they really should be 3-1 with a win in miami, but i guess if you go down that road with the Bills they probably should have been 9-7 the last three years haha

Last year in the first game anyway, it wasn't the Wildcat that beat us, it was Ted Ginn. Who said Chad can't throw long? Hopefully Perry figures out how to stop him this year.

Here's my plan to defense the Fish:

When Henne is in, blitz him hard and heavy. He's a rookie who hasn't played much. If he can beat that which is doubtful, go back to bend but don't break stuff.

When Henne is out (Wildcat), put a spy on each of the running backs. Just follow them wherever they go. If one of them sneezes, hand him a kleenex. This is how Notre Dame defeated the Wishbone and it would work for this too.

Or just play stout run defense like we did last year. I'm really not worried about it.

On offense go to TO early and often. Also run the ball down their throats.

Go BILLS !!

Last year in the first game anyway, it wasn't the Wildcat that beat us, it was Ted Ginn. Who said Chad can't throw long? Hopefully Perry figures out how to stop him this year.

Here's my plan to defense the Fish:

When Henne is in, blitz him hard and heavy. He's a rookie who hasn't played much. If he can beat that which is doubtful, go back to bend but don't break stuff.

When Henne is out (Wildcat), put a spy on each of the running backs. Just follow them wherever they go. If one of them sneezes, hand him a kleenex. This is how Notre Dame defeated the Wishbone and it would work for this too.

Or just play stout run defense like we did last year. I'm really not worried about it.

On offense go to TO early and often. Also run the ball down their throats.

Go BILLS !!

Ginn beat us because McGee tried to play on one leg. He has had 67, 18, and 12 yards against us in the other 3 games.

You should mix your blitzes and fake blitzes. never make him feel comfortable. Our run defense is very good provided the offense doesn't make the D play the whole game. This should be a win and if it's not, it's going to be a long season.