Sully tells it like it is.

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/buffalo-bills/salary

According to this site the Bills aren't going on the cheap. they're actually top 10 in salary for this year, not sure if this is their cash to cap formula but i don't think it is.

The problem is that the Bills do NOT spend their money wisely!

Spending big money on losers like Langston Walker,Dockery, and others shows that the Bills may not be cheap. but they sure aren't smart.

Letting top free agents leave for free and drafting losers like Losman and Mike Williams and John McCargo will lead your team quickly and permanently to non-playoff status!

The Bills have more money than brains - a bad combination.

The problem is that the Bills do NOT spend their money wisely!

Spending big money on losers like Langston Walker,Dockery, and others shows that the Bills may not be cheap. but they sure aren't smart.

Letting top free agents leave for free and drafting losers like Losman and Mike Williams and John McCargo will lead your team quickly and permanently to non-playoff status!

The Bills have more money than brains - a bad combination.

The silver lining is that none of those losers were signed or drafted by Russ Brandon, and that he made the decision, to quickly to get rid of them. There is good reason for hope.

A vendetta for T.O. Oh, please, that's a joke.

Sully wants the guy (and everyone) to answer questions. If that's a vendetta, then yeah, he's got one.

Sullivan = POS

If you read the mindless drivel of the sniveling punk Jerry Sullivan, he's been predicting a T.O meltdown since the signing. Now that we're 3 games in and he hasn't gotten the predicted meltdown, he's looking petty and small, so he first tries using his column to criticize T.O. for not speaking his mind. That didn't draw the desired response from T.O. either, so now Sullivan's just blatantly begging for a T.O. outburst - even openly baiting him in post-game interviews - which will no doubt result in the inevitable "See - I told you so!" column from the whiney, sniveling, know-nothing punk Sullivan.

Doe's Sullivan have a vendetta for T.O.? Probably not any more than he did for Losman. Sullivan just has little else to write about, since he know so little about football to begin with, so he latches onto what he thinks will be a story, and writes the most cynical and negative columns his small mind will allow. Then, when the proverbial 'blind squirrel finds an acorn', he thumps his chest and screams, "Told ya!"

:thumbdown: Sullivan.

So did you blow out a hammy or something?

Not actually. As stated in my anecdote, I was coaching third base.

who the !@#$ does that in a slow-pitch softball game?

Just a guess, but I imagine that Sullivan didn't play much sports growing up.

That was the moral of the story. I don't feel a person of Sullivan's temperament and wisdom is well-equipped to bring news to the masses.

I guess you should have paid attention to the 3rd base coach :thumbdown:

Thanks Spartacus. :w00t:

Yeah, you guys have convinced me. Because Sullivan was a dirty softball player in the 80s, he's got to be dead wrong about Jauron's gutless approach to coaching football.

Perhaps being a lower primate you don't understand my anecdote. Let me put it in terms a monkey could understand. I didn't characterize Sullivan as a dirty player. I said he lacks judgment and temperament:

The biggest problem I have with Sullivan is that I don't like when people with very little wisdom have a platform for espousing their opinions. That's why I've stopped reading his column. The only Buffalo News sports writer that I truly respect is Mark Gaughan. I also like former News writer Vic Carrucci. Both of them have great demeanor and temperament...that particular calmness and wisdom that Jerry Sullivan lacks. Jerry is just a shrill voice IMO.
It's the Buffalo News. You're expecting New York Times, Los Angeles Times, or Boston Globe? Really?

There's lots of great sports and news writing coming out of small markets. It is the exception but it does exist. I think Mark Gaughan does an excellent job of covering the Bills. It certainly seems like he works harder than the others.

Sullivan = POS

If you read the mindless drivel of the sniveling punk Jerry Sullivan, he's been predicting a T.O meltdown since the signing. Now that we're 3 games in and he hasn't gotten the predicted meltdown, he's looking petty and small, so he first tries using his column to criticize T.O. for not speaking his mind. That didn't draw the desired response from T.O. either, so now Sullivan's just blatantly begging for a T.O. outburst - even openly baiting him in post-game interviews - which will no doubt result in the inevitable "See - I told you so!" column from the whiney, sniveling, know-nothing punk Sullivan.

Doe's Sullivan have a vendetta for T.O.? Probably not any more than he did for Losman. Sullivan just has little else to write about, since he know so little about football to begin with, so he latches onto what he thinks will be a story, and writes the most cynical and negative columns his small mind will allow. Then, when the proverbial 'blind squirrel finds an acorn', he thumps his chest and screams, "Told ya!"

:thumbdown: Sullivan.

Easy there- Sullivan probably is a good guy in real life- he plays a character at work, just like many people on ESPN....and people fall for it- hook, line and sinker. He is good at what he does.

Easy there- Sullivan probably is a good guy in real life- he plays a character at work, just like many people on ESPN....and people fall for it- hook, line and sinker. He is good at what he does.

Obviously we have a difference of opinion - I think he's lousy at what he does, and is likely just as miserable in real life as he seems in his column - probably cheats at golf too, and kicks his dog when he gets home.

Obviously we have a difference of opinion - I think he's lousy at what he does, and is likely just as miserable in real life as he seems in his column - probably cheats at golf too, and kicks his dog when he gets home.

His job is to piss people off- he does that really well- whether they get pissed off at him or at the subject of his writting

why does he even need a "schtick"?

Don't bother, he's a Jauron apologist who actually defended his decision to punt the ball on 4th and 1...

"If we go for it and don't get it (we wouldn't), we end up needing at least 2 TD's. In the situation we were in, we needed a TD and a field goal. Our defense was playing very well up to that point. Factor out emotion and its easy to make that decision to punt."

-Adam

Fans calling out Sully for that article are sadly still in denial why our team truly sucks.

Don't bother, he's a Jauron apologist who actually defended his decision to punt the ball on 4th and 1...

"If we go for it and don't get it (we wouldn't), we end up needing at least 2 TD's. In the situation we were in, we needed a TD and a field goal. Our defense was playing very well up to that point. Factor out emotion and its easy to make that decision to punt."

-Adam

Fans calling out Sully for that article are sadly still in denial why our team truly sucks.

Let's be real here, you subscribe to his bullsh*t because you....

nevermind

Let's be real here, you subscribe to his bullsh*t because you....

nevermind

It's laughable that there are Bills fans still willing to defend our loser head coach's honor. I was calling for Jauron's head waaaaay before Sully joined into the fray. When I was a Losman supporter I often found myself thinking the guy was an idiot. Well, I was the idiot on that subject matter. Sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong. I was wrong on Losman, but I was right about Dick Jauron. It just so happens we're on the same page at this point in time. This hand wringing over an article by a Bills beat writer is merely a distraction for those who still favor Dick. Thank God this will be his last season. I seriously can't take one more "it's hard to win in the NFL" Dick Jauron post game press conference.

-Adam

I think TO looked pretty small with the manner that he used in not answering the media's questions. The problem though is that the media looked even smaller than TO with the way and with what they asked him.

One does not need to be in denial about how pitiful the Bills situation is (the problems start at the top where the common denominator Mr. Ralph has had a central role in firing Polian, having a toxic relationship with Butler, running to TD when Butler left us in the lurch and then failing to manage the worse parts of TD (while emphasizing the good parts), then running to Marv when he had to can TD, who then joined Mr. Ralph in hiring Jauron who just ain't adequate as an HC anyway you slice the 7-9s.

This being said, I do not think one can honestly deny that Sully and the media in general look pretty small and petty for how they have handled this clusterthang known as the Bills and the 0 for a decade performance making the playoffs.

Sully and his brethren clearly keep looking for the easy story of a TO meltdown when his clear MO has been to be a good scout in his first year for a team. The media idiots (with Sully as a local columnist prominent among them) have simply done bad reporting by taking anything that Owens says (his comments on Michael Vick which Graham who got them says was completely overblown by some) (his comments in passing about the no huddle making him run with his "out of shape" body being overblown into him hating the no huddle). The media has simply sucked in accurately reporting what TO says and even why he says it.

The media seems to want to totally ignore past TO actions that do not fit into their deadline driven everything happening right now is of galactic importance. TOs MO has clearly been in SF, in PH and in Dallas to be an entertaining but pretty cool hardworking teammate. He does not divide the locker room until he wins over some teammates and fans.

The TO is being selfish mantra may well end up being true as it was in SF, in Ph, and to some extent in Dallas, but reality says you either wait for it to happen here in Buffalo (who knows he is getting older so maybe it does not happen here- I would not bet he won't meltdown) but a good reporter waits for this to happen and neither reports it before it happens or tries to make it happen.

TO was pretty sad in how he handled this past weekend, but it is pretty clear to this observer that the media led by Sully was even worse.

I am not in denial that the Bills are pathetic, but you are in denial if you do not realize that Sully and the gang are at least just as if not more pathetic than the Bills.

I think TO looked pretty small with the manner that he used in not answering the media's questions. The problem though is that the media looked even smaller than TO with the way and with what they asked him.

One does not need to be in denial about how pitiful the Bills situation is (the problems start at the top where the common denominator Mr. Ralph has had a central role in firing Polian, having a toxic relationship with Butler, running to TD when Butler left us in the lurch and then failing to manage the worse parts of TD (while emphasizing the good parts), then running to Marv when he had to can TD, who then joined Mr. Ralph in hiring Jauron who just ain't adequate as an HC anyway you slice the 7-9s.

This being said, I do not think one can honestly deny that Sully and the media in general look pretty small and petty for how they have handled this clusterthang known as the Bills and the 0 for a decade performance making the playoffs.

Sully and his brethren clearly keep looking for the easy story of a TO meltdown when his clear MO has been to be a good scout in his first year for a team. The media idiots (with Sully as a local columnist prominent among them) have simply done bad reporting by taking anything that Owens says (his comments on Michael Vick which Graham who got them says was completely overblown by some) (his comments in passing about the no huddle making him run with his "out of shape" body being overblown into him hating the no huddle). The media has simply sucked in accurately reporting what TO says and even why he says it.

The media seems to want to totally ignore past TO actions that do not fit into their deadline driven everything happening right now is of galactic importance. TOs MO has clearly been in SF, in PH and in Dallas to be an entertaining but pretty cool hardworking teammate. He does not divide the locker room until he wins over some teammates and fans.

The TO is being selfish mantra may well end up being true as it was in SF, in Ph, and to some extent in Dallas, but reality says you either wait for it to happen here in Buffalo (who knows he is getting older so maybe it does not happen here- I would not bet he won't meltdown) but a good reporter waits for this to happen and neither reports it before it happens or tries to make it happen.

TO was pretty sad in how he handled this past weekend, but it is pretty clear to this observer that the media led by Sully was even worse.

I am not in denial that the Bills are pathetic, but you are in denial if you do not realize that Sully and the gang are at least just as if not more pathetic than the Bills.

Here's the article link again...

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/811049.html

Only one mention of Owens...

"It's too bad a current Bill (Trent Edwards, perhaps, or T.O.) didn't have the nerve to stand up to Jauron and say, "Coach, show a little confidence in us."

Given that, I can't make heads or tails of your reply. The article was about Dick Jauron, not Terrell Owens.

-Adam

Its obvious why we suck- we have drafted poorly for years and made bad free agent moves. We have a Buck Showalter as our coach, but he isn't the root of our problems- trust me, when I defend him, I am not "defending" him. And by the way- with 7 minutes left, and down by 10, you don't go for it on your own 29-yard line.

If I thought we could get Marty Schottenheimer in here, I'd jump at that- I also wouldn't mind seeing Wade Phillips come back

Here's the article link again...

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/811049.html

Only one mention of Owens...

"It's too bad a current Bill (Trent Edwards, perhaps, or T.O.) didn't have the nerve to stand up to Jauron and say, "Coach, show a little confidence in us."

Given that, I can't make heads or tails of your reply. The article was about Dick Jauron, not Terrell Owens.

If a Bill stood up to Jauron it would almost certainly not make a difference. His many fans because he is a nice guy, undoubtedly several players would come to his defense. There is a fair likely hood also that Brandon would also be helpful to Jauron and get rid of the man who stood up to him.

However, lets carry out your fantasy scenario and this stand up player leads and inspires the coup d'etat which leads to the canning of Jauron.

This actually leads even more directly to the REAL problem with this Bills team for folks who are not in denial and simply blaming Jauron. The guy who ultimately signs the checks, Mr. Ralph, who now has even more direct power over the team since he has done away with the traditional GM model would lead the team to:

1. hire a coach who has pretty much the same profile as Jauron, or

2, who hired and then mismanaged the uncompensated for weaknesses of a TD (which led to the hirings of failed HCs GW and MM), or

3. who developed such a toxic relationship with GM Butler that he left us high and dry or

4. who had such a stupid relationship with the last coach who at least got us to the playoffs he canned him (deservedly actually as Wade publicly gave up on his team when mathematically they were not eliminated and a team with the same W/L as Wade when he surrendered actually made the playoffs) but where Mr. Ralph truly demonstrated his idiocy was when he tried to keep a year's salary of the coach he fired and despite the warnings of all concerned was destroyed in the arbitration decision about whether Wade or Mr. Ralph was righ

5. or make a Brainiac like move which led him to fire the GM who really built the winner of the 90s.

It does not surprise me that you did not understand my post as I am sure it makes no sense to someone who has blinders on and is so focused on getting rid of Jauron that they do not realize that as mediocre as he is he is merely a symptom and not the cause of the sorry state of the team we love,

To advocate for the dismissal of Jauron is fine, but to do this without even a hint as to what the TRUE problem on this team needs to do is the clearest showing of blinders going!