should we get a new qb in the offseason?

ishouldbegm

we could get

vets:

Vince Young trade

Derek Anderson/quinn trade

Brodie Croyle sign

Tyler Thigpen trade

Kevin Kolb trade

Jason Campbell sign

Tarvaris Jackson sign

rookies:

Jimmy Clausen

Sam Bradford

Tim Tebow

Jevan Snead

Colt McCoy

Max Hall

Zac Robinson

add rookie Dan Lefevour from Central Michigan to that list. Dude is pretty awesome.

It will depend on what the new coach wants.

I still think Kolb should have been part of the Peters trade. We have two viable running backs now, we could still trade for him, or someone else, but I think Kolb is pretty good.

That being said, Trent may not be bad under a new coaching regime.

We need a different coaching staff end of story. Trent's balls are in a vice because Dick Jauron is a whimp. DJ is captain keep it close and win with a field goal at the end. He must like the adrenline rush or something.

yesterdays play calling was terrible.

No quick slants over the middle with TO.

No bootlegs

no Play action

No Steve Johnson

Serioulsy i would go steal the Colts playbook. Somehow they manage to disguise their plays to get their best receiver wide open mr. Reggie Wayne. Anyone see his TD last night?

The Bills need to get more creative on offense. Everyone is going to copy what the Patriots did to Terrell and Lee in the game opener until the Bills prove they can beat it. Beating that type of defense doesn't mean using Josh Reed or a Tight end all day. Any good defense will give you those plays because it won't win you a football game.

It's like basketball back when Jordan played. I don't remember the coaches name but he said "Jordan is going to get his 30 points" you just need to stop everyone else. That is exactly what the Saints and Patriots did to the Bills. They took away Lee and TO and gave them the underneath stuff.

The Bills need to drop the no huddle attack and just pound the damn football. With marshawn back and Fred Jackson they should just run 60 percent of the time for awhile. It will draw the safeties in so that Lee and TO can make a big play.

We need a different coaching staff end of story. Trent's balls are in a vice because Dick Jauron is a whimp. DJ is captain keep it close and win with a field goal at the end. He must like the adrenline rush or something.

No bootlegs

no Play action

No Steve Johnson

Serioulsy i would go steal the Colts playbook. Somehow they manage to disguise their plays to get their best receiver wide open mr. Reggie Wayne. Anyone see his TD last night?

The Bills need to get more creative on offense. Everyone is going to copy what the Patriots did to Terrell and Lee in the game opener until the Bills prove they can beat it. Beating that type of defense doesn't mean using Josh Reed or a Tight end all day. Any good defense will give you those plays because it won't win you a football game.

It's like basketball back when Jordan played. I don't remember the coaches name but he said "Jordan is going to get his 30 points" you just need to stop everyone else. That is exactly what the Saints and Patriots did to the Bills. They took away Lee and TO and gave them the underneath stuff.

The Bills need to drop the no huddle attack and just pound the damn football. With marshawn back and Fred Jackson they should just run 60 percent of the time for awhile. It will draw the safeties in so that Lee and TO can make a big play.

Seriously, stop blaming the Coaching for everything that is wrong with the team, we get it, the coaching sucks, but they can only do so much. Do you think Brady or manning (either of them) or Rothlesberger, or McNabb, or <insert decent starter here> would all of the sudden become "Captain Check down" in the Bills offence and the offence would look the same? Maybe the coaching staff has to play conservative because the QB doesn't have the ability to make the big play? Maybe its the players to blame for making the coaching staff look worse? In the "no huddle offence" the Qb calls most of the plays from the line, so if he thinks he can make a big play, he can call it, the coaching staff isn't telling him exactly what to run. Its funny how the Bills can add a supposedly future HOFer, and big play receiver, adding him to an offence with a serious running threat, and a decent, although young, o-line, and still get the same results over the last couple seasons, where the only similarities seem to be HC and QB. Trents balls are in a vice because he can't make the big plays and might not be a big play NFL QB, He might just be Kelly Holcomb 2.0, and efficient QB who looks good on paper cause he keeps hitting his checkdown receiver

And seriously, the offence was bad because there was no use of a 2nd year, late round draft pick WR with about 12 career NFL catches???

No bootlegs

no Play action

No Steve Johnson

I would bet AVP did not call for all of those short checkdown passes Trent threw on Sunday. Trent had other options on every play but he usually takes the one with the least risk & hence the least reward.

It will depend on what the new coach wants.

I still think Kolb should have been part of the Peters trade. We have two viable running backs now, we could still trade for him, or someone else, but I think Kolb is pretty good.

That being said, Trent may not be bad under a new coaching regime.

I've said it several times not but "You can't coach balls!" Trent seems like a great guy but if you can't or are unwilling to throw down field, over 10 yards, you aren't a good fit for the NFL.

He played 2 good games and had one bad one. Some of you need to get a life and stop overreacting all the time. Let the season play out.

It's been up and down no doubt. But I must remind you of last year? Trent has built up a body of work that is worth considering!!!!

It is of course way too early to say whether we need a new QB next year or not.

If Trent does his usual inconsistent routine for the 3rd year running, then let's go get a real QB. I have no interest in college QBs. That is a low percentage play. Since JK left we've had 3 high round draft picks to be "the guy". Clod Tollins, JP, and now Trent. How's that workin' out for us? In the same time period we've had 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances (I think). All by Free Agent QBs. 2 by Flutie and one winning season by Blue Dreadsloe. There will be FAs available. If not, trade for someone or someone's #2 even. Someone who has played and had some success in the NFL. Jim Kelly wasn't a green rookie when the Bills got him either. He played (and partied) a couple of years in Houston first.

From your list I pick Vince Young or Derek Anderson or Tavaris Jackson over Trent. Maybe try to get AJ Feeley. Not sure how long he signed up with Carolina for. Maybe Damon Huard will be available. Maybe try to trade for Billy Volek. Todd Collins? Chad Pennington will be a FA after this year. He'd have great motivation to win 2/3 of our division games! Some other guys may get released. I don't care if they're old as long as they can still play. I'm tired of suffering through losing seasons while our QB learns how to play.

We owe it to guys like Fred Jackson and Lee Evans and K. Mitchell and Stroud to try to win NOW. Screw next year and the year after and the year after that.

It is amazing the Bills have not drafted a QB to groom since Trent. You always need someone who CAN start given some time learning the system as a rookie and stepping in when needed. The Bills have seemed to be content letting the dice roll with Trent and keeping a career backup behind him.

None of the trade or FA options exctie me ... though the list of draft possibilities is!