USC Running Back Stafon Johnson Seriously Injured

H2o

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-cfb...00626590000201/

I can't stand USC, but I hope this guy makes it through OK. They don't say how much weight was on the bar, but I'm sure it wasn't the warm up 135lbs. Terrible, terrible news.

Hopefully he comes through this OK.

Given the amount of weight some of these guys lift you have to wonder why this does not happen more often.

I heard he had 270 on the bar and it slipped......

I have been spotting my son while he was pressing 260 for reps and I gotta say it made me nervous every time......I was always a instant away from taking control of the bar.

But this is how athletes get the explosive power they need to compete.

Whoa :thumbsup: that makes me even more nervous for the guy.

I had a similar experience happen to me several years ago. I was doing sets with 350 on the bar.I got going too fast,my form got sloppy,the bar drifted too high and I lost control and it came down across my throat. And I had no spotter. Luckily,my wife was in another room and heard me choking. She was able to get under one end of the bar enough for me to get out from under it. I ended up with just a shoulder injury and a sore neck and throat. The latest reports say Johnson is going to be OK. At this point footballs not even a concern. Hopefully he'll be able to have a normal life.

I had a similar experience happen to me several years ago. I was doing sets with 350 on the bar.I got going too fast,my form got sloppy,the bar drifted too high and I lost control and it came down across my throat. And I had no spotter. Luckily,my wife was in another room and heard me choking. She was able to get under one end of the bar enough for me to get out from under it. I ended up with just a shoulder injury and a sore neck and throat. The latest reports say Johnson is going to be OK. At this point footballs not even a concern. Hopefully he'll be able to have a normal life.

Had almost the same identical mishap, 'cept I was doing my sets with 450.

Had almost the same identical mishap, 'cept I was doing my sets with 450.

450? El Tigre 350? Wow! I thought I was tough because I used to rep out at 315. 405 was always my goal- which I have never attained.

Horrible story. Get well Stafon