Three charged in beating death

PushthePile

http://news.aol.com/article/derrion-albert...ptured%2F690024

What is wrong with people? How long until we hit rock bottom? It's astonishing how many people are standing around and cheering this on. Freakin Disgusting!

That seriously brings light as to how messed up society is. Unbelievable and very hard to watch.

Extreme violence has been part of human culture since time began. Back in the day people used to gather to watch people be executed, they sold out stadiums to watch people fight to the death and be fed to lions, they used to actively join in the stoning deaths of "bad" people...

the only difference now is speed of information and exposure.

(not condoning any of this, obviously. but it's Human Nature we're talking about here)

Extreme violence has been part of human culture since time began. Back in the day people used to gather to watch people be executed, they sold out stadiums to watch people fight to the death and be fed to lions, they used to actively join in the stoning deaths of "bad" people...

(not condoning any of this, obviously. but it's Human Nature we're talking about here)

Except of course when a cop is involved. :thumbsup:

Sad but true .... no different than other forms of violence ... rape, assaults, dometic violence, etc.

We hate to think about it but this stuff goes on all the time, all over the world.

I agree with your analogy DrDankenstein and I guess rock bottom was a bit dramatic. I like to think we have come a long way since then, but I continue to get proven wrong.

Good vs Evil...we have to make choices between the two every day. And the first is usually the tougher choice.

Someone got murdered in Chicago? No way. What is the wourld coming to?

Someone always has to trivialize a thread. The murder was three teenagers beating another teenager to death in front of a crowd of people. It was also captured on tape. If you didn't think much of it why read the thread? I would assume the topic description was clear enough, even for you.

Theres no deterrent anymore. Jail time is glamorized. I give it two days until this is spun that its the systems fault. If people knew they would die themselves if they killed someone else it would all stop immediately. Simple as that.

http://news.aol.com/article/derrion-albert...ptured%2F690024

What is wrong with people? How long until we hit rock bottom? It's astonishing how many people are standing around and cheering this on. Freakin Disgusting!

Someone always has to trivialize a thread. The murder was three teenagers beating another teenager to death in front of a crowd of people. It was also captured on tape. If you didn't think much of it why read the thread? I would assume the topic description was clear enough, even for you.

This is hardly shocking news, or a sign we have yet to hit "rock bottom".

Its Chicago. People have been getting murdered there since the population hit two.

You just happened to see a video of this ONE.

Chicago closed out the year with 509 homicides, an increase of about 15 percent over 2007. .

This is hardly shocking news, or a sign we have yet to hit "rock bottom".

Its Chicago. People have been getting murdered there since the population hit two.

You just happened to see a video of this ONE.

Thanks for clarifying that this isn't the first murder in Chicago. When was the last time you saw a video of teenagers beating another teenager to death? It's shocking to see and I thought it was more discussion worthy than just stats.

Thanks for clarifying that this isn't the first murder in Chicago. When was the last time you saw a video of teenagers beating another teenager to death? It's shocking to see and I thought it was more discussion worthy than just stats.

Before cell phones had video cameras? Never.

Point is if this happened in in 1990 [And I feel safe to say similar incident's did happen] you would have never heard about it. And you would not be wringing your hands over the collapse of society.