Does it matter if DJ is fired?

first_and_ten

So RW fires DJ and hires the next loser in a long line of losers.... Who's running this organization? Does anyone really know? Is it run by committeee? Who's making the key decisions at OBD? Lets put the blame for this sorry excuse of an organization right where it belongs..Ralph Wilson!! Sure , he kept the team here, but for what?? To torture us? He had one of the best GMs in this league and fired him in the middle of our superbowl runs. It's been down hill ever since. I can't wait for the next Greg Williams to come on board. I'm just about done wasting my Sundays on the Buffalo Bills. They are a joke!! I don't even blame DJ. He is what he is and everyone knows it. It's not his fault he wasn't fired after last year. RW kept this perennial loser on as head coach. Blame RW. Don't blame the guy who is coaching the same way he always has and always will coach. RW signed up for another year with him. Why should we get mad at DJ when we should know exactly what we will get with him? So when, not if, DJ is fired, will it even matter? The next low paid loser will step in his shoes and continue the mediocrity known as the Buffalo Bills!!

Jug ears caught lightning in a bottle with the Kelly-Polian era... he hired one big name coach in Chuck Knox, and he was out the door in five years time. There was a vaunted D and ball-control offense for a few years in the AFL.

so, expectations should be low... how can they not be low? When was the last time the Detroit Lions were in the playoffs, have they made it once since 2000? Perhaps Houston makes it this year?

Jug ears caught lightning in a bottle with the Kelly-Polian era... he hired one big name coach in Chuck Knox, and he was out the door in five years time. There was a vaunted D and ball-control offense for a few years in the AFL.

so, expectations should be low... how can they not be low? When was the last time the Detroit Lions were in the playoffs, have they made it once since 2000? Perhaps Houston makes it this year?

another good point

I agree with the poster that it doesnt matter if/when DJ is fired. We will just sign some bad OC from somewhere or promote Bobby April (who is looking like a bad coach now too BTW). Im not sure if either of these things will make any difference if they dont get the authority to spend money. Youll just have draft picks that dont want to sign here so they hold out til last minute, players that want more money or to be traded, and FA's that wont even come to Buffalo even if its just for a layover on their way to NYC, Boston, or Philly.

:devil::unsure::censored::ph34r::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

i think we need a whole housecleaning, including the general manager and coach. I'm not sure there is any point in doing it right now...this season is probably not going to be salvaged.

There is no point in doing anything until the real problem is gone. That being the owner. Unfortunately this may also mean the end of the Bills in Buffalo.

It won't change anything, because he will only be replaced by another lame asss, come cheap ex-coordinator or recycled unsuccessful ex-head coach. Ralphears won't spend money on one of those high profile actually successful ex-head coaches that are out there, and there are plenty, it will be just another Joe coming through the revolving door.

The need to change the way they think at one Bills drive. Their model of sucess is not working on the field, only in the Stands!

Why should the thinking change? No one's going to alter anything which sells out every game and 55k season tickets for the 08 and 09 seasons.

The team remains a business first and strives to win about 5th in the order of importance.

i think we need a whole housecleaning, including the general manager and coach. I'm not sure there is any point in doing it right now...this season is probably not going to be salvaged.

the sooner the better. a new coach/gm could evaluate and implement this season, even if its lost. RW talks about continuity.... its retty clear Jauron is an enemy of winning. get rid of him and Brandon now

It won't change anything, because he will only be replaced by another lame asss, come cheap ex-coordinator or recycled unsuccessful ex-head coach. Ralphears won't spend money on one of those high profile actually successful ex-head coaches that are out there, and there are plenty, it will be just another Joe coming through the revolving door.

I say fire our HC every year ... it just increases the odds that sooner or later we'll hire one that is ... competent.

You are forgetting Lou Saban. Ralph hired him TWICE. I can't wait until Ralph fires Dick. Who knows? Ralph may get lucky with the next one.