OFFICIAL SAINTS/BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD - 4:05 PM KICKOFF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did we sign TO??? I bet RW is asking that..right?

Why didn't we bring in a veteran QB to push Edwards and/or be there in case his skills continued to trend downward? I'm so sick of watching him play that I'd rather just have us roll with Fitzgerald, not because I think Fitzgerald is the answer simply because I think he would at least be more entertaining to watch and actually challenge defenders by mixing in deep passes.

Screw TO. He is the most overpaid player in football today. He can sit there and cash his checks and shut his mouth. When you go something other than 0-0-0 for the game, then you can talk.

That being said, there's no reason to expect that a team with Jauron and Edwards will ever be average, much less good. Next week's loss to Miami will officially mark the end of the season and start another year of "rebuilding".

TO wussed out on that long throw.He heard footsteps.

Why didn't we bring in a veteran QB to push Edwards and/or be there in case his skills continued to trend downward? I'm so sick of watching him play that I'd rather just have us roll with Fitzgerald, not because I think Fitzgerald is the answer simply because I think he would at least be more entertaining to watch and actually challenge defenders by mixing in deep passes.

Actually, i think Fitz would have done a lot better today. From what we've seen, he does make quick decisions and gets the ball downfield.

Fixed it for you :huh:

If you're going to go into the players that had a negative impact, you best not stop with the one guy you hate. Parrish, Hangartner, basically the entire O-Line, Derek Fine, and Bobbby April's entire undisciplined unit all played a role in today's loss.

But What I meant was that this was a typical game where Jauron goes into it not even TRYING to win, but instead trying to keep it close and hoping for a big play from his defense or special teams rather than make difficult offensive decisions when his team has the ball. It's passive, kiddie football, and I'm so sick of it.

we lose to Miami, Ralph may pull the plug...you know how RW hates to lose to the Fins...

I'd like to believe you, but he didn't do anything after the Bills were swept by the Fins last season. I have the feeling that Ralph might just be too tired to go through the process of bringing in a new coach.

In this order:

O-Line

Trent

O-Line

Run defense

Coaching

GO BILLS!!!

I'd say:

Coaching

O-line

Trent

Roscoe

As for the coaching, I can't believe we deferred on the opening kickoff (they drove for a touchdown on the first drive).

The clock management sucked again.

Jauron should have challenged the spot preceding the 4th and 1 (not because we would have gotten a first down, but because the replay showed that we were one foot short, not 1.5 yards).

The decision to punt was ridiculous.

The pass protection was horrible. Hangartner had six poor snaps, two of which resulted in sacks on the second to last drive.

Trent played very poorly. The interception was just a horrible throw/decision. He also missed the bomb which would have been a huge play.

Roscoe personally gave the Saints 3 points.

I can't blame the defense at all. The offense didn't score any points.

There are OPTIONS on EVERY playcall. Trent is Captain Checkdown. The LOSS is ALL on Trent.

Obviously I blame Trent quite a bit but I think you're way off on this one. One thing's for sure though, Trent is no Ben Roethlisberger. Trent is the kind of quarterback who is only as good as his blocking and receiving. He does not transcend his surroundings like truly excellent quarterbacks.

I'd like to believe you, but he didn't do anything after the Bills were swept by the Fins last season. I have the feeling that Ralph might just be too tired to go through the process of bringing in a new coach.

He could let AVP, Perry Fewell, and Bobby April draw straws.

I'd say:

Coaching

O-line

Trent

Roscoe

As for the coaching, I can't believe we deferred on the opening kickoff (they drove for a touchdown on the first drive).

The clock management sucked again.

Jauron should have challenged the spot preceding the 4th and 1 (not because we would have gotten a first down, but because the replay showed that we were one foot short, not 1.5 yards).

The decision to punt was ridiculous.

The pass protection was horrible. Hangartner had six poor snaps, two of which resulted in sacks on the second to last drive.

Trent played very poorly. The interception was just a horrible throw/decision. He also missed the bomb which would have been a huge play.

Roscoe personally gave the Saints 3 points.

I can't blame the defense at all. The offense didn't score any points.

Obviously I blame Trent quite a bit but I think you're way off on this one. One thing's for sure though, Trent is no Ben Roethlisberger. Trent is the kind of quarterback who is only as good as his blocking and receiving. He does not transcend his surroundings like truly excellent quarterbacks.

So with that said you upgrade the QB position in the 2010 draft.