Obamacare: Buy insurance or go to jail!

UBinVA

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive a car without insurance and what happens?

Ya, but you have a car, and you should have to have insurance to drive one, Why? Because it is not just yourself that you have to be liable for, but for other people as well.

The only reason why you are required to have auto insurance is for other people's liability or if you are financing or leasing a vehicle and you are liable for any damages that occur to the car.

That's the major difference.

So it's not the same whatsoever.

If you are a young person, and you are making let's say $50,000 a year and you barely have any money left over after bills and etc. and now you are forced to pay let's say $300 a month for health insurance and you don't have the money to pay for it or maybe just enough, and you don't want to have any health insurance because you're strapped, or simply because you just don't want it, then what?

Pay a penalty? and if you don't? Jail?

It's just another way now that the government is forcing individuals to make decisions that some don't want to make.

It should not be anyone's place to dictate what someone wants to do with their money, and don't bring up the taxes example, because our government provides us a structured place to earn a living with law and order, and usage of roads, public schools, provides us protection with law enforcement and military and etc. etc.

Ya, but you have a car, and you should have to have insurance to drive one, Why? Because it is not just yourself that you have to be liable for, but for other people as well.

The only reason why you are required to have auto insurance is for other people's liability or if you are financing or leasing a vehicle and you are liable for any damages that occur to the car.

That's the major difference.

So it's not the same whatsoever.

If you are a young person, and you are making let's say $50,000 a year and you barely have any money left over after bills and etc. and now you are forced to pay let's say $300 a month for health insurance and you don't have the money to pay for it or maybe just enough, and you don't want to have any health insurance because you're strapped, or simply because you just don't want it, then what?

Pay a penalty? and if you don't? Jail?

It's just another way now that the government is forcing individuals to make decisions that some don't want to make.

It should not be anyone's place to dictate what someone wants to do with their money, and don't bring up the taxes example, because our government provides us a structured place to earn a living with law and order, and usage of roads, public schools, provides us protection with law enforcement and military and etc. etc.

I think that take is fine as long as they're allowed to let you bleed out when you actually need medical care because you decided that having a cell phone and cable was more important than health insurance.

universal health care would be a good solution. :unsure:

jw

I think that take is fine as long as they're allowed to let you bleed out when you actually need medical care because you decided that having a cell phone and cable was more important than health insurance.

well, that's a dilemma, and is unfortunate. you think everyone should be required to have health insurance?

Criminalizing not having health insurance, though, is ridiculous.

Of course, if you jail everyone who doesn't buy health insurance, they all get free health care in prison...and the health care problem is solved.

well, that's a dilemma, and is unfortunate. you think everyone should be required to have health insurance?

I think everyone should have "catastrophic" health insurance.

I also think healthy people should get a significant discount and the fatty mcbutterpant's of the world should pay per square inch.

I think hospitals/doctors should have to tell you in advance what things cost so that you have a choice on who gets your money.

I think there should be independent review boards to stop defensive medicine.

I think there should be significant Tort reform.

I think the FDA should significantly streamline the process for getting drugs to market and should let anyone diagnosed with a terminal illness/condition take whatever the !@#$ they want if they think it gives them a chance to survive.

I think the government should stay out of people's decision on whether to end their own life.

I think Medicare/MedicAid/the VA/should all be abolished.

I think the HMO Act of 1973 should be repealed in its entirety.

I think the easiest way to save money is to streamline administration but the lawyers won't let that happen.

I think employers should be cut completely out of the health care business.

I think all medical expenses should be tax free.

I also think healthy people should get a significant discount and the fatty mcbutterpant's of the world should pay per square inch.

I think hospitals/doctors should have to tell you in advance what things cost so that you have a choice on who gets your money.

I think the FDA should significantly streamline the process for getting drugs to market and should let anyone diagnosed with a terminal illness/condition take whatever the !@#$ they want if they think it gives them a chance to survive.

I think the government should stay out of people's decision on whether to end their own life.

I think the easiest way to save money is to streamline administration but the lawyers won't let that happen.

<jw>

But, but...IRAQ!

</jw>

Seriously, thanks for pointing out the REAL roots of this "crisis"

I think some of those are decent solutions, Not familiar with all of those ideas, but for the most part, sounds pretty good.

"Catastrophic" insurance would be a sort of insurance that provides coverage to those that need it in a sort of life or death situation?

For instance, if you were to have a heart attack and you were to have to go to the hospital?

I think some of those are decent solutions, Not familiar with all of those ideas, but for the most part, sounds pretty good.

"Catastrophic" insurance would be a sort of insurance that provides coverage to those that need it in a sort of life or death situation?

For instance, if you were to have a heart attack and you were to have to go to the hospital?

Yeah. Not because you have a cold. Something with a pretty high deductible.

Yeah. Not because you have a cold. Something with a pretty high deductible.

I've never heard of that idea, but I think that would be a good solution. Something that would cost signficantly less, with a decent deductible. I could possibly support something like that.

Sure. Right after we all get free food. And housing. And clothing. Because really, how can anyone stay healthy without proper nutrition and shelter from the elements?

Don't forget free cable TV. Because we won't know what to think without MSNBC

And don't forget free cell phones so we can call 911 after McDonalds screws up our order